IEC Fusion 2008 Conference - Kyoto

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

IEC Fusion 2008 Conference - Kyoto

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Mike Holmes

Post by Mike Holmes »

So is there a fund I can donate to, in order to send Tom Ligon?

:-)

Mike

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Mike Holmes wrote:So is there a fund I can donate to, in order to send Tom Ligon?

Mike
Sure, but first you have to invent a time machine. :lol:

Mike Holmes

Post by Mike Holmes »

I was sorta joking thinking that the conference might yet be this year (wouldn't be time to organize sending somebody anyway).

But looking at it, it seems like we have an advocate in Doctor Joel there. Is there a conference set for next year? If so, will he be there? Or does anyone else plan on attending?

Who gets to crow about the recent good news?

I can see a talk that would mention something like "Possible Next Steps" or which even enumerates them, if that info becomes available before that time.

Mike

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Mike Holmes wrote:I was sorta joking thinking that the conference might yet be this year (wouldn't be time to organize sending somebody anyway).

But looking at it, it seems like we have an advocate in Doctor Joel there. Is there a conference set for next year? If so, will he be there? Or does anyone else plan on attending?

Who gets to crow about the recent good news?

I can see a talk that would mention something like "Possible Next Steps" or which even enumerates them, if that info becomes available before that time.

Mike
Dr. Joel is in contact with the Nebel team. So in fact EMC2 was represented there at least second order. He has also done some outstanding work on simulations.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Mike Holmes

Post by Mike Holmes »

That's great. I hope he continues to be the representative, then.

The excerpt that you have on your site seems short... is that all the time he got? Or is it just that, an excerpt?

Mike

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Mike Holmes wrote:That's great. I hope he continues to be the representative, then.

The excerpt that you have on your site seems short... is that all the time he got? Or is it just that, an excerpt?

Mike
Just an excerpt. He had a 1/2 hour for his presentation and questions.

Solo

Post by Solo »

Wow, in that PDF he claims to have done a PIC model that shows that the machine should work. I'd like to see more of that.