Has Wiffleball Been Created Ever?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

Consider the following. (I should post this in theory, but I guess this has to do with the current discussion)

We agree that the field from the electron cloud will change the shape of the machine field. The question is, what will be the shape of the field afterwards.

The following assumption I just pulled out of my ass, I have no idea if this is the way it works.

Let's say the electron cloud pushing perpendicularly to the machine field; this is the effect the electron cloud has. It's true that in cases of complete opening, the electron cloud pushing out will increase the rate of electron leaking, which is expected, so all those holes have no field to push back against the electron cloud, so the electrons with the right type of velocity will just escape faster, which may cause some problems with the electron cloud density build up argument.

Let's assume for now that the rate of increase in leaking is not so much that even increasing the drive current, you cant increase the density.

Let's say the greater the electron density, the more electrons want to spread out, so the cloud is exerting a force to push the machine field back in all regions. Now, it will try to push the cusp opening "bigger", pushing the fields to the sides to create a bigger opening. If you notice, the field density of cusps are the strongest regions in the machine, so if the electrons are pushing the cusps open, they're gonna be pushing it open "slower" or less of an effect than other regions.

Now lets consider the inner part of the core, where the machine field density is weaker, the electrons will have a greater effect and push those fields back "faster", to the point where they have the similar levels of field density compared to other regions of the machine core. *I think this has to do with how far the location of local equilibrium is from the center of the machine (which affects what kind of outward pressure the electron has)* and the local machine field density (the confining pressure of the machine field)

*I think this is actually wrong, I think strength of the electron cloud is the same every location of equilibrium, unless somehow the electron density increases as you go closer to the center of the machine while going from one location to another in the core region of the machine.

Other than directly or pretty directly on the path out of the machine, everywhere in the machine core will achieve local equilibrium with the electron cloud.

(come to think about it, the WB effect may reduce the mirror machine effect in and out the machine due to this field altering process)

Heres some voodoo magic physics right here, I think the electrons cloud will alter the machine field in such a way that the core field will no longer convex towards the center of the machine. The path of the core field will no longer guide the electrons towards the cusps, because the electrons travelling along the field will encounter very sharp corners, and they wouldnt be confined on that field line when they encounter these corners.

I want to apologize for my bad attempt of rationalizing the WB effect.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

emc3

Post by emc3 »

Waiting for direct experimental evidences from WB8 ......

Get ready to celebrate at the end of September, everybody!

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

emc3 wrote:Waiting for direct experimental evidences from WB8 ......

Get ready to celebrate at the end of September, everybody!
This statement is very confusing. Evidence of what exactly? What is happening at the end of September?

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

WB8 completion date

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Stubby wrote:WB8 completion date
That may be a completion date, but reports take time and since there are several extension contracts now in play, I don't expect too much. More of the same "things are looking good, all is well," but then again they don't claim anything about their device or it's development.

rcain

Post by rcain »

q: Has Wiffleball Been Created Ever?
a: No. Never.

We've all been lying about it and making it up as we go along.

I see no reason to continue this forum.

Seconded?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well crap.
There are a bunch of kids that are sure going to be unhappy, and wondering what to do with their plastic bats now. I hope they don't have sisters...
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)