10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Re: Steam flow

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:Of course my conclusions are tentative because CMB hasn't provided peer reviewed, publiched results... :D
I peer reviewed it and he published on the Journal of talk-polywell.org.
Isn't that enough as credentials? ;)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
Giorgio wrote:You are confused.
Really?
Does D+He3 give variable yield?
Or "fixed amount" means only "fixed small amount"?
I thought that "fixed amount" means both: "fixed small" and "fixed big" amounts as well.
You are not understanding the subject of the discussion or you are probably not understanding the meaning of "fixed amount".
It means a "constant quantity per unit of volume".
So, if 1 lt of hydride holds 10Kw, than 10 lt will hold 100 Kw and 1/10 lt will hold 1 Kw.

So, what I am stating is that an hydride can only hold a fixed amount of heat per unit of volume.
What has this to do with the D+He3 fusion example that you made?
One more Mr. "you do not understand".
And your statement is wrong. As that is conventional chemical reaction with certain energy yield that can be specified to any unit: mass, mol, volume as you wish.

KitemanSA

Re: Steam flow

Post by KitemanSA »

chrismb wrote: What is ridiculous is the measurement (supposedly) of JUST 100C at one end of a 4m pipe, yet Rossi claims it is still 100C and has lost no heat by the end of the pipe! A perfectly insulated pipe, eh!?
Well, since it is steam at atmospheric, it pretty much HAS to be 100 C along the entire pipe. But the more that gets condensed, the smaller the trickle at the other end. Rossi's statement that it doesn't condense on the way is the most damning for this run. If there was 95% condensation along the way then the trickle at the end might be more realistic.

Chris, can you provide details of your set-up? Hose size and length...
[Edit]I see by a later post that you mention a 50cm length of hose. Thanks.
[/Edit]
Last edited by KitemanSA on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote: Joseph, I already calculated that you cannot explain that amount of thermal heat with the hydriding and dehydriding of such a small volume of material.
Just as a clarification, the "claimed" heat. Maybe he will listen to you. He has ignored my equivelent statements the last 3 times I made it.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote: Really?
Does D+He3 give variable yield?
Or "fixed amount" means only "fixed small amount"?
I thought that "fixed amount" means both: "fixed small" and "fixed big" amounts as well.
You are not understanding the subject of the discussion or you are probably not understanding the meaning of "fixed amount".
So, if 1 lt of hydride holds 10Kw, than 10 lt will hold 100 Kw and 1/10 lt will hold 1 Kw.

So, what I am stating is that an hydride can only hold a fixed amount of heat per unit of volume.
And your statement is wrong. As that is conventional chemical reaction with certain energy yield that can be specified to any unit: mass, mol, volume as you wish.
Hopeless.
You should really take an english course.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote: That is truth when I am saying - this field interaction of some metals (Ni, V, Pd, Ti, La and other rare metals, intermetalids) with hydrogen has been researched many years ago.
No $#!T Sherlock. But if you think that all possible knowledge of all possible reactions between H and Ni have been fully investigated you are a fool.
Then he wrote: Purpose of those researches is the creation of advanced materials for hydrogen storages and heat storages.
Every one of them a CHEMICAL reaction.
Then he wrote: Regardless of nature (nuclear or chemical) the energy balance of those reaction are known very well and I doubt that you with Mr.Kite will discover any novelty.
More fool, you!
Then he wrote: One of known for me researchers was Philips (Eindhoven) with their advanced lab facilities and very skilled staff. Would this information not enough for you?
No, this information is not enough. It is irrelavant and redundantly so. Some investigators have made statements about heat outputs beyond what ANY, ANY, ANY chemical reaction can make. Do you understand that simple statement? Can you comprehend that? ANY chemical reaction, including the F*ing hydrogenation of a metal matrix. OK? Got it? Geez, dude, give it a rest.
Hehe. Mr. why you are so worry? Got it yourself and eat it.
Kind advice to do some learning. And not from wikipedia and Discovery channel.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:It certainly appears that the Krivit demo was bogus unless there was a WHOLE lot of condensing going on in the tube.

Does anyne remember seeing the initiation curve for the Krivit demo or had it reached "steady state"??
The problem is that the tube can only dissipate a fixed (and small) amount of heat.
If you are indeed pumping inside 5 KW thermal at 100'C, than you might get a 500-700 W thermal dissipation with that length and diameter (and I am being very generous!).
Did you include conduction into cold concrete?
Then he wrote: This means that you should still have the equivalent of 4,5-4,3 Kw of steam coming out from that tube, and I think is clear now that this is not happening.
Agreed, this run seems bogus. The only possible reasns to think it MIGHT be real are if the pupm wasn't working to capacity (in which case the CoP went WAY down), or there was a whole lot MORE condesation than assumed.

OR, that Chris decided to throw a monkey wrench (spanner?) into the mix by lying about his experiment! :wink:

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
Giorgio wrote: You are not understanding the subject of the discussion or you are probably not understanding the meaning of "fixed amount".

Hopeless.
You should really take an english course.
And you physics course.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:
Giorgio wrote: Joseph, I already calculated that you cannot explain that amount of thermal heat with the hydriding and dehydriding of such a small volume of material.
Just as a clarification, the "claimed" heat. Maybe he will listen to you. He has ignored my equivelent statements the last 3 times I made it.
As you can see from his reactions there wasn't much of a difference with me too :roll:

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
sparkyy0007 wrote:Ok, I googled Nickel Hydride and batteries everywhere (ebay has some great deals on 12 pack AAA's by the way)
I don't want to by a book, What am I looking for exactly??

Are you saying that if the claimed power (of course not on the krivit demo) if it turns out to be real,
of 5000W for hours/days with 50cc volume can be explained by a nickel hydride system of some sort?
If this is true, Rossi will still become rich to be sure.
Ok, I found that link:
http://www.1-act.com/pdf/mhhst.pdf
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
Metal hydrides are the binary combination of hydrogen and a metal or metal alloy. Metal hydrides have been used in many
industrial applications such as battery electrode material, hydrogen storage medium and heat pump system [Park et al., 2005;
Kang et al., 1996; Fateev et al., 1996; Lloyd et al., 1998; Kim et al., 1998a, 1998b; Houston and Sanrock, 1980]. The hydriding
(exothermic) and dehydriding (endothermic) reactions of a metal hydride can be expressed as:
I read the paper. No reason to doubt any of it, but their best results were
only 853MJ/m^3. Even all , I don't know exactly ~15L vol filled and charged with this system would give you 3.555kw for ONE hour.
Might work for a short test but it doesn't work for 18+ hours.
btw:Thanks for the link Joseph.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
Giorgio wrote:Input data have nothing to do here. The metal hydride cannot hold more than a fixed amount oh heat.
Even the most powerful D+He3 fusion reaction releases only the fixed amount of heat (kinetic energy).
So, you are wrong again.
What does D+He3 fusion has to do with your claim that the extra heat can be explained by hydriding?
You seem very confused sometimes.
He is a troll. Ignore him. Maybe he will go away.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote: Did you include conduction into cold concrete?
No, with a 31'C room temperature you can hardly have a cold concrete floor.
I can even simulate a 15'C floor and a 20% contact surface between tube and floor, but the result will stay well inside the 500 w/h.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Giorgio wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Rossi should be presented (confronted) with all this good relative steam velocity stuff on his blog. Has anyone done that yet?

It would be interesting to see his reaction. If he reacts as he and Levi did to Krivit (i.e. with a dismissive and angry diatribe), I think that would be somewhat revealing (although not conclusive). Anyway, I do not think we should let Chris' nice videos just die here.
Unless he prefers to do this by himself I'll post Chris videos, with a request of explanation, on Rossi blog tonight once I am back from dinner.
I don't mind, but I am planning to do it in a more controlled manner, else it only looks as good as Rossi's 'demo', and it should look better than that!!

I ran a copper-bottomed single-spouted (no lid) stainless steel whistle kettle on my hob with approx 250g of water in it. I boiled it to equilibrium at the hob's maximum setting, and observed at the full gas power of the hob 25g/min was lost. 1.2m of 1/2" ID reinforced domestic hose was sealed to the spout. I held 50cm vertically and looped the remainder around in front of a black metal tray.

For my next trick, I was planning on using an electric kettle that will sit directly on scales, a power meter with power factor (still haven't found it!!) and high temp automotive hose. I will probably also be able to monitor temperature at both ends of the hose. But in a way, for me the pressure drop calc shows that we really should be seeing an elevated pressure at the 'Cat' end that should raise the BP.

Funnily enough, the only bit of direct measurement we have been permitted to see - the temperature of the Ecat exit, is the only single piece of information we strictly need, and it shows no noticeable pressure increase, therefore shows negligible steam flow.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
As you can see from his reactions there wasn't much of a difference with me too :roll:
Ok, guys. You are very smart. Both.
You Kiteman before claiming make something. Then speak.
You Georgio also very interesting person trying to learn from American what is happening at your home in Italy. “I will meet Krivit”. Meet before Rossi, my friend. :)
Thank you both.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote: I run a small simulation out of fun with my thermal dissipation software.
456 w/h with a dT of 70 'C and a length of 6 meters.
with conduction to concrete? Water @ 100c in contact with a hose at whatever in contact with a concrete floor at 25?C may conduct away MUCH more than gas-solid-gas transfer.