10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Axil

Post by Axil »

raphael wrote:
Axil wrote:Concerning the responses to my last post as follows:

Some background...

I have heard that Rossi is using a commercial plastic extrusion nozzle. These nozzles all use inductive high-frequency alternating current (AC). I will be looking to verify this from a direct Q&A from Rossi.

Plastic extrusion nozzles use high-frequency alternating current (AC) to support inductive heating.

Since I am no expert on current flow through a hollow conductor, I used this reference to generate my last post.

Please compare your response to the following reference. They are not compatible.

http://www.ndt-ed.org/EducationResource ... Fields.htm
This is the type of heater Rossi is using:

http://www.heaters.in/mica-band-heaters.html
At 3% to 5% of total volume, it makes sense that the powder is distributed evenly around the walls of the reaction vessel. This will evenly distribute the heat of reaction evenly to the walls of the reaction vessel.

Nano powder is ferromagnetic and will stick to the walls of the stainless steel reaction vessel using magnetic attraction, or the powder could be implanted onto the wall by some process.

In the case where the powder adheres to the walls magnetically, when the temperature reaches the Curie temperature (477C) of the nanopowder, the powder will fall from the walls of the reaction vessel and the heat transfer efficiency of the powder to the wall will drop.

Furthermore, if the wall of the reaction vessel provides some process activating or control activating factor, and the powder falls from the wall, this will stop the reaction when wall contact with the powder is lost.

Beside heat, does the heater type that you reference effect the stainless steel wall in any way?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Axil wrote:Nano powder is ferromagnetic and will stick to the walls of the stainless steel reaction vessel using magnetic attraction
Why would it? Is the SS martensitic or austenitic, and why would the nickel powder be magnetised?

All the fancy physics you have proffered in the previous 50 pages is now put into sharp relief against some of your apparent elementary 'grasp-issues' on basic physics in the last two.

Axil

Post by Axil »

chrismb wrote:
Axil wrote:Nano powder is ferromagnetic and will stick to the walls of the stainless steel reaction vessel using magnetic attraction
Why would it? Is the SS martensitic or austenitic, and why would the nickel powder be magnetised?

All the fancy physics you have proffered in the previous 50 pages is now put into sharp relief against some of your apparent elementary 'grasp-issues' on basic physics in the last two.
If the nano-powder is not in contact with the steel wall, the Cat-E would not work? There are various ways to get the powder to stick and magnetism is one of them.

Rossi stated what kind of stainless he used was 316L stainless steel. This is not magnetic. Thanks for getting me to look this property up.

With your encyclopedic knowledge of all things scientific, your criticism is a valuable resource to exploring the Rossi phenomena. Please keep it up.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Interesting Q&A with Rossi on his blog today:
QUESTION:

I was pleased that you have entrusted E-Cats (E-Kittens?) to Professors Kullander and Essen at Uppsala and Stockolm Universities. I must concur with you that these are trustworthy men of science who can be trusted.

Since these gentlemen will be testing the E-Cat as a black box, will they be free to communicate the results of their testing openly? The reason I ask is that some skeptics have issues with some of the test setups and procedures of the prior demonstrations (e.g. lack of water flow meters in the loop). So if the good professors testing setups address some of these issues, will your agreement allow them to communicate the setups and the results of their experiments?

ANSWER:

I must correct you: the test they made had a well controlled flux. Anyway: you will have very soon a report about the same test repeated, with the flow controlled in an “idiot-proof” system…you’ll see, stay in touch.
I assume this means that the experiment is being redone with a setup that addresses some of the issues in the earlier demos. Perhaps they do have a flow meter in Sweden.

raphael

Post by raphael »

Rossi's patent application includes descriptions of both a Preferred Embodiment and a "further" embodiment.

In the latter, nickel is said to be coated in a copper tube (see pg. 11 of the .pdf file).

Presumably(?), that would be a coating consisting of both the nickel nanopowder and the confidential catalyst....

Sidebar: For a technology that will soon be creating a major worldwide paradigm shift (including freedom from the tyranny of Mideast-oil despots, etc, etc.) those RossiFusion reactors certainly have a rudimentary look to them. Deceptively rudimentary, perhaps?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VIn_mQi1H-M/T ... lained.jpg

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/ ... 125444.pdf
"As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden." Chauncey Gardiner

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Kahuna wrote:Interesting Q&A with Rossi on his blog today:
QUESTION:
So if the good professors testing setups address some of these issues, will your agreement allow them to communicate the setups and the results of their experiments?

ANSWER:

I must correct you: the test they made had a well controlled flux. Anyway: you will have very soon a report about the same test repeated, with the flow controlled in an “idiot-proof” system…you’ll see, stay in touch.
I assume this means that the experiment is being redone with a setup that addresses some of the issues in the earlier demos. Perhaps they do have a flow meter in Sweden.
That would be an interesting news and a good change of attitude if he wants to have support from a broader audience.
I just hope he has taken note of the various suggestions that have been made (here and on other forums) to make a serious mass flow monitored experiment.

Axil

Post by Axil »

This is the type of heater Rossi is using:

http://www.heaters.in/mica-band-heaters.html

From the Cat-E picture, it is affixed to the outside of the exterior copper pipe. In order to get the heat from the heater onto the surface of the stainless steel reaction vessel, there needs to be copper vanes between the reaction vessel and the outside copper tube.

These vans will increase the thermal transfer to the water flow that is produced by the surface of the SS reaction vessel.

raphael

Post by raphael »

BREAKING NEWS: RossiFusion reactors to power attempt at land-speed record!

http://www.automotto.com/entry/the-fast ... literally/

(NOTICE: THIS IS AN ATTEMPT AT SATIRE; IT'S NOT REALLY TRUE) (FOR NOW, ANYWAY)
"As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden." Chauncey Gardiner

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

Giorgio, can you please translate (while summarizing) this link about Rossi´s old energy firm, Petroldragon?

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroldragon

As far as I understand, Petroldragon was supposed to generate energy from dejects, but the company was a fraud or something?

also, at his site (http://ingandrearossi.net/) Rossi claims to have studied at Kensington University.

at this link ( http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/ ... 6664.shtml ), they say Kensington University was forced out of business by officials in California and Hawaii for being a phony university and issueing fake diplomas.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

AcesHigh wrote:Giorgio, can you please translate (while summarizing) this link about Rossi´s old energy firm, Petroldragon?
Did your last Italian-speaking slave die today, or something?! :wink:

try;

http://uk.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate ... =Translate

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

chrismb wrote:
AcesHigh wrote:Giorgio, can you please translate (while summarizing) this link about Rossi´s old energy firm, Petroldragon?
Did your last Italian-speaking slave die today, or something?!
They are too fragile. Only 800 whippings and a few exposed bones in his back, and he died. I should be more careful. Slaves are quite expensive nowadays!

haha, seriously, I use Google Chrome... it automatically detects websites in other languages than english or portuguese and offers to translate... its just that I forgot about it! :oops:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:
Did your last Italian-speaking slave die today, or something?! :wink:
I don't mind, I will sum it up.

- Rossi invents a low thermal depolymerization process to treat urban waste and get oil (or so he says) .
- Rossi gets founds from a Swiss investor and builds a 10 Tons/day plant (after several issues with his investor)
- No one has clear how much and if the plant actually produced oil, nor his quality.
- In the 80's the company starts to stock in various premises a huge quantity of waste (56K tons) from different companies (300) thanks to the low collection fees.
- Because the areas are not suitable to stock the waste, the company gets his licence revoked and is asked 50M euro as penalty.
- Rossi will face 56 court cases in about 17 years, and in 5 of them he will be found guilty.

As for Kensington University, I do not really care if he has a degree or not. What I do care is for the demonstration to be done in a scientific and professional way.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

I suppose both Petroldragon and Kensington University had already been discussed before in this thread... but we are at page 54 already, I probably missed the info on Rossi´s shadowy past.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

It might be page 54, but it's only 808 replies! D'you mean your posting in the thread without having checked previous posts!!!!!!!! :lol:

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

chrismb wrote:It might be page 54, but it's only 808 replies! D'you mean your posting in the thread without having checked previous posts!!!!!!!! :lol:
if I had more "faith" in Rossi´s reactor, I might have done it.