The European gas crisis

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

pbelter

The European gas crisis

Post by pbelter »

With the liquid gas pipeline crisis between Ukraine and Russia, Russia cut off gas gas supplies to several EU member states in the middle or a harsh winter. The EU authorities are very upset and there is a lot of talk in the media there about ‘Energy security’ as they fully expect for this to happen again. SO far the talk is channeled into discussion about building new nukes, but I wonder where if we could sell the Polywell idea there. Anybody has a good contacts in continental Europe?
Last edited by pbelter on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

IntLibber

Re: The European gas crisis

Post by IntLibber »

pbelter wrote:With the liquid gas pipeline crisis between Ukraine and Russia cut off gas supplies to several EU member states in the middle or a harsh winter. The EU authorities are very upset and there is a lot of talk in the media there about ‘Energy security’ as they fully expect for this to happen again. SO far the talk is channeled into discussion about building new nukes, but I wonder where if we could sell the Polywell idea there. Anybody has a good contacts in continental Europe?
Any europeans bitching in the cold about global warming?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... s-gas.html

Huge natural gas supply 50 mi. off Israeli Coast. May be one of the largest natural gas finds in the world.

Perhaps the Europeans need a new supplier.

Just think of the possibilities - after gassing the Jews 70 years ago they will be getting gas from the Jews.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

To this you can ad that Germany is going to buy lots of gas from Russia. There is a plan for a gigantic pipeline under the Baltic Sea. Germany also builds new coal power plants and increase there CO2 emissions. All this comes from the “greenish” demand to stop the nuclear power.

Professor Science

Post by Professor Science »

MSimon wrote:*

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... s-gas.html

Huge natural gas supply 50 mi. off Israeli Coast. May be one of the largest natural gas finds in the world.

Perhaps the Europeans need a new supplier.
A new supplier while resolving the economic possibility of being cut off doesn't resolve the fundamental problem being able to be cut off. domestic energy sources are best.
The pursuit of knowledge is in the best of interest of all mankind.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Well you know, people dont like Russia and Russia does not have to deliver their gas to people that dont like them. Its as easy as that.
From my personal POV of course, I cant wait for BFRs to make gas obsolete. But then that is still a while out...
Hurry Dr. Nebel!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Skipjack wrote:Well you know, people dont like Russia and Russia does not have to deliver their gas to people that dont like them. Its as easy as that.
From my personal POV of course, I cant wait for BFRs to make gas obsolete. But then that is still a while out...
Hurry Dr. Nebel!
And one of the reasons they don't like Russia is because of natural gas cut offs.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

And one of the reasons they don't like Russia is because of natural gas cut offs.
We... dont like Russia not just because of that, but also because of their organised crime that is spilling into europe as well...
And then lately of course because of Georgia... well I am more indifferent towards that than most (they are both dirty in that one and just because the US wants Georgia in the NATO, does not make them better people).
And then we do also hate them out of jealousy. They have all the natural resources and we dont. As so often: if you have something, you are worth something (Hast Du was, so bist Du was, as we say here).
Well western Europe does not have so much of anything...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Skipjack wrote:
We... dont like Russia not just because of that, but also because of their organised crime that is spilling into europe as well...
And then lately of course because of Georgia... well I am more indifferent towards that than most (they are both dirty in that one and just because the US wants Georgia in the NATO, does not make them better people).
And then we do also hate them out of jealousy. They have all the natural resources and we dont. As so often: if you have something, you are worth something (Hast Du was, so bist Du was, as we say here).
Well western Europe does not have so much of anything...
Taxes and regulations. Although the USA is working hard to catch up.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Taxes and regulations. Although the USA is working hard to catch up.

At least we have been doing stem cell research for a while now...otherwise I have to agree though

Roger

Post by Roger »

Following the announcement of the discovery, shares of Delek Drilling, which holds 15.6% of the Tamar prospect, jumped 41.7%, and shares of Avner Oil Exploration, which holds another 15.6%, surged 21.4%. Both companies are owned by billionaire Yitzhak Tshuva. Shares of fuel exploration company Isramco, which owns 28.7%, leaped 123.8%.
Those pesky analysts are always pushing stock.

21k feet down subsalt, just like Brazil.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Roger wrote:
Following the announcement of the discovery, shares of Delek Drilling, which holds 15.6% of the Tamar prospect, jumped 41.7%, and shares of Avner Oil Exploration, which holds another 15.6%, surged 21.4%. Both companies are owned by billionaire Yitzhak Tshuva. Shares of fuel exploration company Isramco, which owns 28.7%, leaped 123.8%.
Those pesky analysts are always pushing stock.

21k feet down subsalt, just like Brazil.
I wonder if there isn't a lot of gas at that depth. Thomas Gold had a theory about oil being abiotic. i.e. if you drill deep enough there should be lots of it (100X current estimated reserves).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Gold

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

Thomas Gold was involved in a big gas drilling project in Sweden.
He said it was lots of gas beneath the large impact craters the Siljan ring.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siljan_(lake) ring.
They drilled a lot butt find not much.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Torulf2 wrote:Thomas Gold was involved in a big gas drilling project in Sweden.
He said it was lots of gas beneath the large impact craters the Siljan ring.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siljan_(lake) ring.
They drilled a lot butt find not much.
The fact that they found any I thought was significant. Evidently the people putting up the money didn't agree.

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

I read the “The Deep Hot Biosphere” a few years ago and I was quite impressed with the book. T. Gold was an unorthodox thinker. Some of his ideas like pulsars being neutron stars were right on the money while others such as the regolith depth were not so much, yet in each case the reasoning was logical. If I remember correctly Gold thought that the drilling depth at Siljan was insufficient to get any significant oil but the fact that it was found as the theory predicted was a proof of concept for the idea that oil is leftover of the planet accretion process. He argued that while heavy elements like Uranium continue to sink downwards to the Earth’s core melting it in the decay process, the light elements like helium and hydrocarbons migrate upwards in a process he called ‘outgassing’. It is a fact that oil fields are the primary, if not the only, source of helium in the world . While only methane, rather than the heavy hydrocarbons, participated in the planet formation process, it has been transformed to long chain hydrocarbons by the pressure and heat in the Earth’s mantle. Gold got his ideas from the presence of methane in interstellar clouds and then hypothesized, and now proven lakes of liquid methane and ethane on Titan. He avoided the basic mistake that proponents of ideas such as Oil Peak (biotic oil) or Manmade Global Warming, and earlier the Geocentrism, that Earth is a special place unlike any others. It is only one of many planets in the Solar systems and ideas such as Manmade Global Warming or Biotic Oil can be seriously taken into consideration only if there is no warming on other Solar System planets and if there is no oil there. This is a basic scientific principle called the ’control group’, often ’forgotten’ for political expediency.