A Change Of Name

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

A Change Of Name

Post by MSimon »

Federal Contracts Awarded to Companies in New Mexico (Sept. 14)
Targeted News Service (subscription)
... Center Weapons Division, China Lake, Calif., for research, analysis, development and testing in support of the Plan Plasma Fusion (Polywell) Project. ...
Note that it is no longer AGEE (Advanced Gaseous Electrostatic Energy). I wonder why?

Just to get my paranoids flowing. The military changes code names of projects and plans to throw off those trying to track what is going on.

OTOH the name "Polywell" is kept.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Hehehe, Msimon you know smoking to much pot is said to make paranoid.
Just kidding you.
Maybe they just wanted to make it simpler? Or since the whole thing is not really anything finished yet, noone really cares about the name of the baby? You know like parents that while they are pregnant keep changing their ideas for baby names until the baby is finally born and they have to provide the government with a final name for the birth certificate ;)

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Skipjack wrote:Hehehe, Msimon you know smoking to much pot is said to make paranoid.
Just kidding you.
Maybe they just wanted to make it simpler? Or since the whole thing is not really anything finished yet, noone really cares about the name of the baby? You know like parents that while they are pregnant keep changing their ideas for baby names until the baby is finally born and they have to provide the government with a final name for the birth certificate ;)
I attribute it to my mild schizophrenia. I can see patterns when no one else does. I can also see patterns when they are not there. Which is why I like to discuss what I see. Nothing like a good reality check.

OTOH governments are noted for their dotting the i's and crossing the t's fetish. Another theory is that every new stage of the project gets a different name. Kind of like "Neptune" vs. "Overlord" for the D-Day landings in France.

So maybe WB-7 was AGEE and WB-8 is PPF.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Aero

Post by Aero »

I think I know what Plasma Fusion means. WordWeb gives 7 different meanings for the word, "PLAN," and one synonym, which is "Program."
In this context, what would PLAN mean?

Whatever the meaning, I think PPF (Plan Plasma Fusion) sounds closer to the mark than AGEE (Advanced Gaseous Electrostatic Energy). With this new name there is clearly no attempt to hide the fact that this research involves fusion. Maybe that's the point.
Aero

Re: A Change Of Name

Post by 93143 »

MSimon wrote:Note that it is no longer AGEE (Advanced Gaseous Electrostatic Energy). I wonder why?
Because it sounded retarded? At least the new one is unpronounceable as an acronym.

It is encouraging to note that, as Aero points out, the word "fusion" is now in the name. On the other hand, "energy" is not...

Stoney3K

Re: A Change Of Name

Post by Stoney3K »

93143 wrote:It is encouraging to note that, as Aero points out, the word "fusion" is now in the name. On the other hand, "energy" is not...
Maybe that means they want to run WB-8 (or possibly WB8.1) at break-even, to lay the groundwork for WB-100?

I wonder what the project name for WB-100 will be...
Because we can.

choff

Post by choff »

I think the word fusion in the new name implies they're convinced it produces fusion power. Plan could mean they're convinced they'll find uses for it.
CHoff

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

I think it's all a Zionist plot.
Because it sounded retarded? At least the new one is unpronounceable as an acronym.
Sooo... someone doesn't want us talking about Polywell...
I wonder what the project name for WB-100 will be...
It's WB-9.

Or so they want us to believe...

Hmmm.... 9...

UPDATE:
The Beatles released a song called "Revolution 9" which appears on The White Album (more properly known as The Beatles); its principal vocal feature is a voice repeating, "Number nine...number nine...number nine..."
The plot thickens.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Thats always a safe bet, hehehe ;)

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Skipjack wrote:
Thats always a safe bet, hehehe ;)
I have been seeing a lot of Polywell articles on the 'net with my name attached. So I can corroborate your assertion. So far they have not tumbled to my associations. Give it time.

BenTC

Post by BenTC »

Be careful.. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching your house.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Maybe someone discovered there was another AGEE (Aquatic Geophysical Electronic Enterprise?) and had to think up a new one for polywell.

EricF

Post by EricF »

It's WB-9.

Or so they want us to believe...
WB9 will be built on the international space station. The project will be overseen by Ed Wood.