More Helion Energy news....

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: More Helion Energy news....

Postby mvanwink5 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

Ivy Matt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ivy Matt » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:57 pm

crowberry

Postby crowberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:01 am

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:33 am

crowberry,
Maybe that was what my source was referring to, I didn't ask. The point was that I know truly nothing about LM's efforts technically and if anyone here does know more than that it seems they can't say anything at all. So, for me, LM's effort is just smoke.

These days I put stock in new cash and a full scale prototype funding round is the gold standard (so to speak) in my book, and VC cash to me is the only believable economic vote as .Gov cash is purely political not economic. This is just my in the dark POV, however, as I am not truly in the know as others here might be. I think by the end of 2014 we will see a full scale prototype funded and GF has perhaps the best shot at that.
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:34 pm

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Skipjack,
Don't confuse an LM advertisement with reality. That is all I will say about that. Like LPP I will believe it when the moneymen put their money down (and not gubermant politicking money).

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:17 pm

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Remember EEStor? Then LM came out with a patent for military hardware that assumed the EEStor device worked, yet EEStor has never had a working device, all vaporware. There is no telling how old that photo was in that video. However, I put them off my own list because unlike Tri-Alpha, no one knows what the principle is behind LM's early fusion work. It is the only fusion "project" where even the basic concept was kept "secret." But, hey, that is just my hardheaded view.

I am looking forward to good news coming out on Helion's research and hope it is enough to attract the cash. Thanks for keeping the information flowing.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:44 pm

crowberry

Postby crowberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:21 pm

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:37 pm

crowberry

Postby crowberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Return to “News”