Recovery.Gov Project Tracker

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

To error is human... and I'm very human.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I will look at it tomorrow after I get back in again. Just got back now and I am beat. That and too many Pisco Sours...
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I poked around on my laptop and have not found the file.
I am thinking it is back in the office via the desktop.

Once back in the land of "no goats on the bus" next week, I will pull it up and see what numbers I churned.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

How will you stare at the goat if it's not allowed on the bus?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

:D

emc3

Post by emc3 »

Shall we get ready for a party to celebrate the WB-8 success?

Can not wait to the end of Sep.
Please share, if anyone have some more inside news :-)

"The WB8 completion date is listed as 9/30/2012"

ladajo wrote:N6893609C0125

Click on "View" to see the Mod itself..

The contract Mod finally posted in FPDS. However, no change in funding (yet).

The WB8 completion date is listed as 9/30/2012
The ultimate (WB8.1?) completion date is 3/31/2014

Hmmm.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

emc3 wrote:Shall we get ready for a party to celebrate the WB-8 success?

Can not wait to the end of Sep.
Please share, if anyone have some more inside news :-)

"The WB8 completion date is listed as 9/30/2012"

ladajo wrote:N6893609C0125

Click on "View" to see the Mod itself..

The contract Mod finally posted in FPDS. However, no change in funding (yet).

The WB8 completion date is listed as 9/30/2012
The ultimate (WB8.1?) completion date is 3/31/2014

Hmmm.
Not sure what you're expecting or your definition of success, but what I do expect from a final report on WB8 is that so far the data substantiates the scaling theory. Also, the current contract's completion date is 10/31/2013 with ultimate completion date of 09/10/2014 and these are supplemental contracts, not contracts for working devices.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Scott,
Thanks for posting the corrected dates. Saved me from doing it.

In any event, I think that any indication that they are moving on to 8.1 testing should be greated as a major win. As, by definition, it means that DD worked, and worked well enough to take a crack at PB&J.

As Kite likes to say..."tick-tock, tick tock..."

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

ladajo wrote:I poked around on my laptop and have not found the file.
I am thinking it is back in the office via the desktop.

Once back in the land of "no goats on the bus" next week, I will pull it up and see what numbers I churned.
Dan,
Well, I am back in the land of spoiled teenagers, but go figure, went right out the door again. A couple of days visiting one of my favorite places (Lincoln Labs) and then will finally get back to homebase to look for my napkin math.

I have not forgotten. Not that you probably care anymore...

rcain

Post by rcain »

guys, well done on the watch. without this thread we would be totally in the dark... rather than being... totally in the dark.

just wondered what level of 'confidence' we might put on such claims as:
ScottL wrote:...Not sure what you're expecting or your definition of success, but what I do expect from a final report on WB8 is that so far the data substantiates the scaling theory....
- do we seriously expect any such technical announcement/public report?

and
ladajo wrote:... As, by definition, it {WB 8.0} means that DD worked, and worked well enough to take a crack at PB&J. {WB8.1}...
- do we have a definitive fact/paper trial for this deduction?

if so, i think it very newsworthy.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

rcain, I made no claim, only that if/when they release a report I suspect it will be positive based on the continued contract extensions. No claim :)

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."

Soon there will be at least one person on the planet whom has fused pB11 with the push of a few buttons. I am confident but wait for the data, which may not come to me personally for many decades. Hopefully much sooner though. I am not even 30 yet, I cannot wait to see what the next few decades bring and the next few decades after that.

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

bennmann wrote:I am not even 30 yet, I cannot wait to see what the next few decades bring and the next few decades after that.
Actually you can wait, and you will almost certainly have to.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
--Philip K. Dick

rcain

Post by rcain »

ScottL wrote:...No claim :)
hehe. slippery one. you oughta ha been a lawyer.

yes. i am 'quietly' optimistic also. but also, impatient for someone (other than Prometheus) to start some catchup work. i mean, if you knew someone had just uncovered DD Q>1 (projected), wouldn't you want to invest some effort, cash in order to be there, ahead of the field?.

if the BBC announced it, i would expect a (Deuterium/Boron) gold rush.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

rcain wrote:
ScottL wrote:...No claim :)
hehe. slippery one. you oughta ha been a lawyer.

yes. i am 'quietly' optimistic also. but also, impatient for someone (other than Prometheus) to start some catchup work. i mean, if you knew someone had just uncovered DD Q>1 (projected), wouldn't you want to invest some effort, cash in order to be there, ahead of the field?.

if the BBC announced it, i would expect a (Deuterium/Boron) gold rush.
Well I think it is reasonable to be cautiously optimistic given the little we know. I'm certainly not going to go out and say yes this is the real deal, but I will patiently watch (like I have a choice.) EMC3 is just trying to troll the polywell as being comparable to the Rossi debacle. What he continues to ignore is that Rossi made an unsubstantiated claim, where as there is no such claim from the polywell project.