Room-temperature superconductivity?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Room-temperature superconductivity?

Postby Giorgio » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:20 am

A society of dogmas is a dead society.

paperburn1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby paperburn1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:14 pm

The great Firewall of china.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:52 pm

373 K Superconductors

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Perovskites structures are finally starting to keep hold of their expectations.
If this will be succesfully replicated from other labs (once they officially publish the structure and way to obtain it) than it might be the first step to finally unlock commercial HTSC material.
Once that becomes reality we will see probably e new gold age. About time I would say.

pbelter

Postby pbelter » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Above 373? Really?
That is water's boiling point.

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:24 pm

The paper has a lot of interesting details, is quite well detailed and the tests seems to be logic and no major (or illogical) flaw in the reported result. All seems right, so we just need to wait until they publish the formula and related process to make it and see if it will get replicated and proved true.
Should they fail to do so and start asking money instead..... well, we all know what that means.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:01 am

Anomalous results observed in magnetization of bulk high temperature superconductors—A windfall for applications

Betruger

Postby Betruger » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Anyone heard from Prins?

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:29 pm

Seems like time to Google stalk him.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

pbelter

Postby pbelter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:18 pm

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:24 pm

You should poke him, and see where he is at with his work. Tell him we missed his visits.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

pbelter

Postby pbelter » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:21 am

I did. Wait and see what happens :)

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:22 am

Cool!

pbelter

Postby pbelter » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:31 am

I don't think that anyone was ever blocked here.
Is better if you post this into the Administration forum in a new thread as it might not get noticed here.

Return to “News”