North Korean Fusion

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

bcglorf

ME

Post by bcglorf »

On one hand you say, we are not the source. Your other claim, worded as it is, absolutely implicates the European and American presence as not only A source but a primary source:
it has been and it still is European and American presence in the middle East that has screwed up and is still screwing up the ME from 1800 to our days

The difference between calling it A source and THE source is an important point to be clear on.

Since our presence in the Middle East we have poured crazy amounts of money and military resources that they was never dreaming about. This destabilized the situation by escalating local fights/quarrels to full conflicts.

If by "our presence" you are referring to every oil importing nation in the world, not just America and Europe, then I can at least understand the point you are trying to make. I even agree there is a lot of truth in it. I say you are drawing the wrong conclusions from this. It's also were the importance of the distinction between A source and THE source I stated above comes into play.

the conclusion is that without our financial and material presence they will still fight each other for their problems even today, but they will do this in a limited way.

Your conclusion is based on the impossible alternate history were the ME gets to exist in a vacuum free of all external military, political and trade influences. You'd might as well advocate for a ME that would be a beacon of hope and freedom if only we lived in a world that replaced their oil with unicorns. Furthermore, I consider it ahistorical to suggest that the 'quarrels' in the region would not have escalated over the last 200 years, even with the protection of a magical barrier against foreign intervention. It means expecting the Sunni and Shia to have continued on without escalating their blood feuds. It means the Arabs, Persians, Kurds and Turks all managing to not escalate their 'quarrels'. Oh, and it also means all of those groups getting along with the Jews without attempting to exterminate them. The list goes on, but I can not imagine any real rational suggestion that large scale wars and atrocities would never have characterized the ME if only the outside world could've been kept out.

Care to point what are the issues that happened before 1800 that you believe had such a big influence in today ME
-I already mentioned the very existence of Islam within the ME was prior to 1800, and you obviously agree that was pre-1800.
-I mentioned the divide between Shia and Sunni, which existed nearly as long, and you obviously agree that was pre-1800.

So I am to presume your condescending boasts are on the premise that neither of those are a big influence in the ME today? Oh, I'm sorry, you seem to think you get to reject those because you don't consider them a potential source of conflict, I do.

-You can add the existence and mix of all the different ethnic remnants of history's conquering empires that have controlled the region at one time or another as well: Arabs, Persians, Turks, Kurds, and last but not least in this analysis, the Jews.
Or are do you once again reject the interactions and interests between all these groups as a big influence in today's ME?

In my analisys the biggest destabilization issue in ME area has been oil money.

I don't read that terribly differently than you do. I take issue with the appearance of your early statements that somehow blames the existence of that oil on America and Europe. I blame the cause of the destabilization on the evils of human nature, and it exists across the entire globe without any prejudice or discretion. The people of the ME as a whole are all corrupted in one way or another to fight for control of the wealth the oil represents. The entire rest of the world is inherently corrupted to try and do so as well. I am only at odds with singling out American and European greed as special. The greed of those in the ME, Russia, China and the world over are all part of the equation.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

A little something I wrote this morning about the coming war.

http://senseofevents.blogspot.com/2010/ ... g-war.html
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

bglorf, you keep twisting what I say and try to put in my mouth concepts and logic that I am not expressing.

I gave you hystorical facts and arguments in support of my point of view and you gave me nothing as a reply.
Like I said in my previous post, if you are not able to reply with something other than twisting my words than we have nothing to discuss.

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

MSimon, nice read! One note, its Carrier Strike Groups, vice Battle Groups, now. Someone got a good FITREP bullet out of it.
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

MSimon,

Very interesting.

I think the Arab nations underestimate what effective missile strikes on Israel will mean, much as bin Laden underestimated the response to 9/11.

The Arabs still think in terms of the strong horse, while the West thinks in terms of decisive conflict. I won't be surprised if the Jews level much of Tehran and Damascus.

How did you get Daniel Jackson? I thought he was still in Pegasus.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

Tehran is a maga-sprawl every bit as large as the LA area in SoCal, complete with a freeway system comparable to SoCal (just look at it on Google Earth_. It would take a large number of nuclear weapons to take it out. Even 4 well positioned 1 megaton bombs could not take out all of Tehran.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

kurt9 wrote:Tehran is a maga-sprawl every bit as large as the LA area in SoCal, complete with a freeway system comparable to SoCal (just look at it on Google Earth_. It would take a large number of nuclear weapons to take it out. Even 4 well positioned 1 megaton bombs could not take out all of Tehran.
Power plants, water supply, fuel. Just hit the choke points.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

WizWom

Post by WizWom »

On the Original topic:

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/So ... gs-Fusion-
Breakthrough-Produces-Abnormal-Levels-of-Radiation--96786184.html

But Xenon is a common fission by-product. Maybe N Korea made up the Fusion thing to try to divert attention from a nuclear reactor accident.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Kurt,

One thing that people tend not to realize is just how much precision targeting has changed the game. We actually hit more targets in a week in the Gulf War than the Allies hit in all of WW II.

Now, Israel being a Western country, they aren't going to attack non-military targets. But don't be shocked if over the course of a couple weeks half the military targets in Tehran and Damascus end up in ruins.

It's long overdue. F**k these chickensh*t proxy wars, if they want to slaughter Jews wholesale let them know it isn't going to be as easy as herding them onto trains this time around.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

David_Jay

Post by David_Jay »

That elder shite don't cut it with me
...and here all this time I thought you were Sunni :wink:
not tall, not raving (yet...)

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

David_Jay wrote:
That elder shite don't cut it with me
...and here all this time I thought you were Sunni :wink:
Yep. The Sunni we get Polywell working the better.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

GROAN!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

That was awesome