Sorry if already posted - LANL IEC

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JaMorg

Sorry if already posted - LANL IEC

Post by JaMorg »

Solo

Post by Solo »

It has. It gets referred to as "POPS" here, search for it if you want more info.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

This "R.A. Nebel" fellow sounds familiar. I'm sure I've heard of him before somewhere. But where?
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

Aero

Post by Aero »

TallDave wrote:This "R.A. Nebel" fellow sounds familiar. I'm sure I've heard of him before somewhere. But where?
Isn't he the guy who used to post on one of these forums? I think that guy crawled down a black hole but I don't have any data.
Aero

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

That name is familiar. I think I heard rumors he's now working over in the Pegasus galaxy, "Stargate" widget or something like that.

choff

Post by choff »

I did find this on a google search on emc2, I think its slide 10 that shows RNebel and JPark with WB7 in the background.

http://www.nnmconnect.net/Programs/NMSB ... fault.aspx
CHoff

choff

Post by choff »

I also found this article on what they were using the high speed camera's for checking in 2008, you have to scroll down to find it.

https://share.sandia.gov/news/resources ... s-in-2008/
CHoff

rcain

Post by rcain »

I heared a rumour they blew themselves up in a large mushroom cloud/lab incident along with half the Navy research establishment - the government hushed it all up of course......a consipracy is suspected, obviously... just a rumour

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

The second link shows a partial view of the vacuum chamber for WB7 (the 10th picture in the series) which shows more detail in the ports and the size. I wasn't sure if Dr Parks was still involved, apparently he is.

The third link includes a paragraph about EMC2 and a heat/ arcing problem. I guess this referred to the heating of the nubs and efforts to better understand the process. Apparently it was more than a mild heating and, if so, suggests that eliminating or minimizing the effect may provide significant improvement in performance.

Good finds!

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

choff wrote:I did find this on a google search on emc2, I think its slide 10 that shows RNebel and JPark with WB7 in the background.

http://www.nnmconnect.net/Programs/NMSB ... fault.aspx
The caption says it's J Park and Glen Wurden of LANL.

Rick is offworld.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Yeah, I thought that version of Rick looked rather unfamilar.

The article Choff pointed out clears one thing up. I always believed both Nebel and Park were Drs., but they never use the honorific themselves, so it was nearly impossible to confirm. The article definitely says "Dr. Jaeyoung Park."