BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BLP news

Postby Giorgio » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:36 am

A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ladajo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:25 am

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

papapoe

Postby papapoe » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:11 pm

krenshala

Postby krenshala » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:54 pm

nferguso

Postby nferguso » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Let's suppose your name is Scott Pruitt. A month from now you'll be sitting at your desk as the EPA administrator, cutting out your first paper doily of the day, when the deputy administrator comes into the office with a report. He had sent investigators to check out news of an astonishing new power generator. News stories claimed that the devices generated hundreds of kilowatts of electricity while consuming trivial amounts of fuel. The devices are called "Suncells", manufactured by Brilliant Light Power.
Your investigators had visited the laboratory where Suncells were designed and built, and had inspected production prototypes set up in the field. One of the latter was heating a grocery store in Camden; another was powering a car wash in Toms River. A third unit had been undergoing tests at Rowan University. The investigators talked to scientists who had also examined the devices. They questioned the store managers and staff. (BTW the stores had been unhooked from the grid for over a month.) They examined the Suncells, their installation and running. Bottom line: the investigators are convinced that the claimed performance is real.
Oh, one other thing. The inventor of the Suncells, who has a substantial scientific resume, says that they produce significant quantities of a chemical byproduct that is unknown to science, impossible to create according to accepted physics, and that it is very difficult to contain.
My question to you, Mr. EPA Administrator, is what will you do?
What I would do is:
(1) first use all the authority of my position to instantly halt operation of all Suncells in the lab and in the field. (It might or might not require a temporary injunction; if needed, it would probably take an hour to find a federal judge who would give us one.) The necessary orders would be delivered by phone and by courier from the nearest EPA office to Brilliant Light Power managers.
(2) I would call the White House to ask for an emergency appointment to brief the President, ASAP.
(3) I would dispatch emergency crews in full HAZMAT attire to establish physical control of the devices, maybe including their transfer to isolated, highly secure laboratory facilities. I would take control of the laboratory and other facilities where they were developed, and seal them. With the possibility that personnel might be contaminated with hazardous materials, I might be authorized to, and choose to detain all such personnel until the risk could be assessed.
Unfortunately, at this point I very much fear the goverment would proceed to move with due deliberation, using their top people, to ascertain whether or not the devices produced chemical byproducts, whether the chemicals could be accurately identified, and whether they are hazardous.
With due deliberation. By top people. Top People.

Carl White

Postby Carl White » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:00 am

Carl White

Postby Carl White » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:05 am

nferguso

Postby nferguso » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:36 am

You might try asking Professor Henry Jones at Marshall College. I think he has their contact information.

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:39 am

A society of dogmas is a dead society.

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:01 pm

I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:12 pm

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

nferguso

Postby nferguso » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:43 am

Totally serious.

Carl White

Postby Carl White » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:17 pm

"Who?" was Jone's reply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdjf4lMmiiI

Very entertaining movie.

Carl White

Postby Carl White » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:31 pm

A new BLP patent application, if anyone wants a look (117 pages long):

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pars ... 0170070180

Carl White

Postby Carl White » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Return to “News”