Superconducting Magnet Victory

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

FAMULUS

Superconducting Magnet Victory

Post by FAMULUS »

I just put a superconducting magnet into a persistent state:

http://prometheusfusionperfection.com/2 ... t-success/

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

One step closer to getting your magrig going, then. :D

Keep up the work, because lots of people are foaming at the mouth to find out details (myself included). :)

Aero

Post by Aero »

Congratulations FAMULUS.
Aero

icarus

Post by icarus »

Now what?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Famulus, just to be cautious over your results here: the magnetic curve looks like it would've gone on much higher that the flat line you're showing. It looks like the sensor saturated. After you have disconnected the power, your sensor would give the same result if it was still in the presence of any such field above that saturation value, e.g. if something ferric had been present and had temporarily magnetised.... just something to check for...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Famulus, go on like that, every day more near to the goal :)

Can't wait when you will actually be able to crunch out some polywell data... drooooolling.....

WizWom

Post by WizWom »

chrismb wrote:Famulus, just to be cautious over your results here: the magnetic curve looks like it would've gone on much higher that the flat line you're showing. It looks like the sensor saturated. After you have disconnected the power, your sensor would give the same result if it was still in the presence of any such field above that saturation value, e.g. if something ferric had been present and had temporarily magnetised.... just something to check for...
It looks like a standard exponential rise to me.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

rcain

Post by rcain »

Fabulous achievement Famulus! cant wait to see your rig all humming together.

Nik

Nice one !!

Post by Nik »

I'd recommend a back-up magnetometer with a wider range, though. 50~~100 % head-room will let you monitor 'excursions' and transients without ambiguity...

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Congratulations! I almost forgot about you, because I was pushing the lack of Nebel news out of my mind for some time!

My interest is renewed, keep lots of pictures coming please of everything!

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Well done! I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your Polywell experiments. In my opinion that would be more newsworthy than yet another Hirsch-Farnsworth fusor.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Nice work, Famulus (I think. Actually I'm being forbidden access to the site from the network I'm on at the moment).

I dropped the Prometheus Fusion Perfection name in my talk at the Swedish Embassy last night, in front of a bunch of Nordic energy policy big-wigs, so if you get a call from someone with a Swedish accent, tell 'em hi for me.

Are you using a stock HTSC? Silver tape HTSC sandwich? We toyed with a sample but could never get Dr. Bussard interested enough to try building a magnet. Maybe history would be different now. I did manage to get a piece of it to levitate above a rare earth magnet, so I'm confident we had it in the superconducting range.

CaptainBeowulf

Post by CaptainBeowulf »

Congrats Famulus, cool to see someone proceeding with their own experiment.

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

Very exciting!

Why does the magnetic field drop off after an hour?
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"