Bose-Einstein photonic condensate

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Nothing cowardly or ganged about individuals speaking in consensus.
I get it, you all hate my guts because I give as good as I get.
I rest my case.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

icarus wrote:OFF TOPIC:

... anybody else wanting to contribute to the cowardly gang-insult please send me a Personal Message to preserve what dignity is left for this worthy topic.

(I get it, you all hate my guts because I give as good as I get.)
Nope. Completely wrong, almost to the point where I wonder if its is intentional misunderstanding of what I and others are saying.

For myself, I'm saying everyone should be allowed to voice their opinions for or against the topic, but without resorting to name-calling and general impoliteness.

You tend to start off on nice solid ground, posting a rebuttal listing why you don't think something is valid/sound/plausible, but if anyone disagrees with your reasoning you tend to get childish (the quote above being but one example). The more others disagree, the more disagreeable your posts become. You are not the only one on this forum that behaves this way, so please don't take this as directed solely at you.

All I would like to see is that folks take a moment and calmly think about what they are reading before posting an inflammatory reply. It is VERY easy to read the wrong emotional content into an internet post because there is normally very little emotional context to go on (humans provide the majority of emotional context through facial expressions and body language, after all, and a forum post just isn't equipped to include that ... yet :D).

Instead of assuming the other poster is "out to get you" or "hates your guts", try reading it as a neutral comment stating an opinion ... that's probably all it was meant to be anyway.

Now, as for the actual topic of the thread, I think I agree with you, icarus, that the mass calculations and the assumptions are quite interesting, and I'm hoping more people look into the matter. I like your idea of putting 77k photons of a single wavelength into the trap to see what condenses out. :) Its usually the seemingly oddball results that lead to the most interesting discoveries, after all.

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

TL;DR - I think icarus shouldn't be allowed to post if johanfprins isn't ...
I endorse that concept abjectly.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria