EM Drive

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

hanelyp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EM Drive

Postby hanelyp » Fri May 01, 2015 4:07 pm

The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

tokamac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby tokamac » Fri May 01, 2015 4:44 pm

GIThruster

Postby GIThruster » Fri May 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Sounds like the answer was "your answer is in his model".

I really do hope they have something but I just don't see it.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

ScottL

Postby ScottL » Fri May 01, 2015 7:18 pm

I think there are 2 different events occurring at the moment. The first is the experiment-based community discussion, which I'm fine with because I think it's the best way to confront criticisms in the work and experimentation. The second is Dr. White's theory, which it appears several with in the discussion are struggling to reconcile. This comes as no surprise to me as I personally believe his theory has little to no value. It appears to me that Dr. White is attempting to fit the (square) results of the experiments into his (round hole) theory. If an effect is confirmed, I have strong doubts that the proper theory that will explain the effect will be Dr. White's.

djolds1

Postby djolds1 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:57 am

Vae Victis

birchoff

Postby birchoff » Sun May 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:40 pm

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:34 pm

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Tom Ligon

Postby Tom Ligon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Well, big surprise, I clicked on the link, which is to hacked.com, and McAfee popped up its big red "Whoa, are you sure you want to go there?" warning.

A shame. I'd love to be illuminated, although I expect the scientific world will need a lot of mental recalibration to truly illuminate this topic.

Searching on the paper title at least reveals the first page with abstract. They did tests in a vacuum. http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/6.2015-4083

zapkitty

Postby zapkitty » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:54 pm

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Tom Ligon

Postby Tom Ligon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Places I try not to get my science news: The Register, The Huffington Post, and The Telegraph.

Self-respecting Boffins just don't go there. 'Cause they'll blow up your claim of microNewtons into a HEADLINE about getting to the MOON in FOUR HOURS. Shocking.

Tom Ligon

Postby Tom Ligon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:54 pm

— Lord Melbourne —

Return to “News”