10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Stubby

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by Stubby »

KitemanSA wrote:
Stubby wrote:Rossi is his own worst enemy he should sue himself. He has demonstrably lied or exaggerated his claims of a LENR device. The evidence comes from HIS OWN mouth in the form of blogs, emails and official reports.
Specific example, PLEASE!
Nobody here is going to rehash this with you, Kite. All been said.

If he wants his claim to proven true, then yes he has an obligation to prove it. Nobody is obliged to believe anything he has written or said about his catalyzers.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Stubby wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
Stubby wrote:Rossi is his own worst enemy he should sue himself. He has demonstrably lied or exaggerated his claims of a LENR device. The evidence comes from HIS OWN mouth in the form of blogs, emails and official reports.
Specific example, PLEASE!
Nobody here is going to rehash this with you, Kite. All been said.

If he wants his claim to proven true, then yes he has an obligation to prove it. Nobody is obliged to believe anything he has written or said about his catalyzers.
Lots of hand waving, no specifics. Even had someone give a long list of Rossi quotes, but when asked to point out specific instances where Rossi "lied" ... more hand waving and pointing to conflicts between Rossi's words and someone else's statement about what Rossi said. So, for the FIRST TIME EVER, would you provide a specific instance?

Nobody asked you to believe Rossi. But I have been seeking falsification of his claims and so far, after working thru all the failed attempts by folks to show it violates theory (not shown) they seem to have digressed to "it isn't true cuz he's a liar". Now its "it isn't true cuz he cheated on his taxes". Sometimes I dispair of the maturity or this group.

I have trouble accepting that this thing works. But I have not seen evidence that it does not.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

KitemanSA wrote:I have been seeking falsification of his claims
Good luck. If Rossi's claims were falsifiable, they might actually be interesting. Instead what's interesting is why anybody gives them any credence.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Now its "it isn't true cuz he cheated on his taxes". Sometimes I dispair of the maturity or this group.
Oof, you jumped the shark Kite. I gave you ample evidence of convictions with regard to several cases, way more than just tax evasion. The court documents and his convictions do not align with his personal story, not even in the slightest. I think I may have slipped in a few interviews of the citizens of the city he polluted. He's a bad man, regardless of his claim. So while this may not have anything to do with this ecat, it should absolutely give one pause before even considering any word out of his mouth.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ScottL wrote:So while this may not have anything to do with this ecat, it should absolutely give one pause before even considering any word out of his mouth.
Giving one pause is a health thing to do. Jumping to conclusions, not so much.

Axil

Post by Axil »

ScottL wrote:
Now its "it isn't true cuz he cheated on his taxes". Sometimes I dispair of the maturity or this group.
Oof, you jumped the shark Kite. I gave you ample evidence of convictions with regard to several cases, way more than just tax evasion. The court documents and his convictions do not align with his personal story, not even in the slightest. I think I may have slipped in a few interviews of the citizens of the city he polluted. He's a bad man, regardless of his claim. So while this may not have anything to do with this ecat, it should absolutely give one pause before even considering any word out of his mouth.

Pollution is a way of life in the energy business. Remember the Deepwater Horizon oil spill (also referred to as the BP oil spill, the BP oil disaster, the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, and the Macondo blowout) was an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico on the BP-operated Macondo Prospect, considered the largest accidental marine oil spill in the history of the petroleum industry, estimated to be between 8% and 31% larger in volume than any earlier oil spill.

Before that there was the Exxon Valdez oil spill that occurred in Prince William Sound, Alaska, on March 24, 1989, when Exxon Valdez, an oil tanker bound for Long Beach, California, struck Prince William Sound's Bligh Reef and spilled 260,000 to 750,000 barrels (41,000 to 119,000 m3) of crude oil. It is considered to be one of the most devastating human-caused environmental disasters. The Valdez spill was the largest ever in US waters until the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill, in terms of volume released,

These pollution events usually involve criminal negligence on somebodies part.

When these companies say that there is no such thing as climate charge, should we believe them?

Paraphrasing, "it should absolutely give one pause before even considering any word out of their mouths."

But we still depend on these companies for our energy.

Why should the Rossi case be any different?

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

KitemanSA wrote:Lots of hand waving, no specifics. Even had someone give a long list of Rossi quotes, but when asked to point out specific instances where Rossi "lied" ... more hand waving and pointing to conflicts between Rossi's words and someone else's statement about what Rossi said. So, for the FIRST TIME EVER, would you provide a specific instance?
Rossi told teh folks asking where he built his eCat's that he had a factory in Florida. Rossi told the state of Florida that he did not have a factory in Florida. Thus, Rossi lied. Who he lied to, I'm not sure, but I would only be willing to bet that it wasn't the state of Florida.

Axil

Post by Axil »

krenshala wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:Lots of hand waving, no specifics. Even had someone give a long list of Rossi quotes, but when asked to point out specific instances where Rossi "lied" ... more hand waving and pointing to conflicts between Rossi's words and someone else's statement about what Rossi said. So, for the FIRST TIME EVER, would you provide a specific instance?
Rossi told teh folks asking where he built his eCat's that he had a factory in Florida. Rossi told the state of Florida that he did not have a factory in Florida. Thus, Rossi lied. Who he lied to, I'm not sure, but I would only be willing to bet that it wasn't the state of Florida.
Thomas Edison was known by those who worked for him more as a thief of ideas than as an inventor of anything that was in any way useful. The most unfortunate decision of Nikola Tesla’s life was to go to work for Thomas Edison. Edison was notoriously disdainful of those whose brilliance outshone his, and the Tesla alliance did not last long. Later Tesla worked on furthering X-ray technology, as well as inventing the Tesla coil, a device still used in many wireless products today. There is no denying that Nikola Tesla was a genius when it came to invention, but he definitely lacked something Edison actually did possess: the ability to lie your ass of, and manipulate public opinion and intimidate others. This was Edison in a box.

Maybe Rossi is another Edison?

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Pollution is a way of life in the energy business. Remember the Deepwater Horizon oil spill (also referred to as the BP oil spill, the BP oil disaster, the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, and the Macondo blowout) was an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico on the BP-operated Macondo Prospect, considered the largest accidental marine oil spill in the history of the petroleum industry, estimated to be between 8% and 31% larger in volume than any earlier oil spill.

Before that there was the Exxon Valdez oil spill that occurred in Prince William Sound, Alaska, on March 24, 1989, when Exxon Valdez, an oil tanker bound for Long Beach, California, struck Prince William Sound's Bligh Reef and spilled 260,000 to 750,000 barrels (41,000 to 119,000 m3) of crude oil. It is considered to be one of the most devastating human-caused environmental disasters. The Valdez spill was the largest ever in US waters until the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill, in terms of volume released,

When these companies say that there is no such thing as climate charge, should we believe them?

Paraphrasing, "it should absolutely give one pause before even considering any word out of their mouths."

Axil, this is one you probably should at least research before commenting on. Rossi claimed he could convert industrial waste into fuel (oil to be exact). What he did was collect this waste and put it into large leaky tanks, not converting it at all, and collecting money while claiming to be purifying it. These tanks leaked after years of sitting and polluted the ground water and surrounding area. Basically what he did was say "I can take care of your waste for you if you pay me" and then hid it out of sight. There was no energy production and no conversion going on at his business. Please go read the articles before commenting on something you don't know. It's very well documented both in Italy and in this thread.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Axil wrote:But we still depend on these companies for our energy.

Axil, I don't think anybody here is going to stop you from depending on Rossi for your energy, if that's what you really want to do.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Axil

Post by Axil »

ScottL wrote:

Axil, this is one you probably should at least research before commenting on. Rossi claimed he could convert industrial waste into fuel (oil to be exact). What he did was collect this waste and put it into large leaky tanks, not converting it at all, and collecting money while claiming to be purifying it. These tanks leaked after years of sitting and polluted the ground water and surrounding area. Basically what he did was say "I can take care of your waste for you if you pay me" and then hid it out of sight. There was no energy production and no conversion going on at his business. Please go read the articles before commenting on something you don't know. It's very well documented both in Italy and in this thread.

Do you have the links? When I assert something, I always provide links at the top of the post, no matter how many times I have used those links in a thread when the hread is long. This is for the convenience of the readers.
Last edited by Axil on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Ivy Matt wrote:
Axil wrote:But we still depend on these companies for our energy.

Axil, I don't think anybody here is going to stop you from depending on Rossi for your energy, if that's what you really want to do.

Every customer makes such an appraisal when evaluating a product.

Many people do not buy products from people that lie, but some do.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Do you have the links? When I assert something, I always provide links at the top of the post, no matter how many times I have used those links in a thread when the hread is long. This is for the convenience of the readers.
Sure do have links.....and it happens again.....

January 8, 1992: Rossi indicted with 8 others, based on false invoices related to building a factory.
Italian | English

April 12, 1992: Rossi found guilty, sentenced to 4 months, suspended, for illegal transport, storage, but acquitted on illegal dumping.
Italian | English

March 24, 1993: Rossi sentenced to 8 months in prison, suspended, for violating the rules related to waste disposal.
Italian | English

March 9, 1994: Rossi's Petrol Dragon company forced to shut down over toxic waste issues. According to the story, there was no sign of Rossi actually converting waste into fuel, and one of his customers had claimed to be purchasing the fuel from Rossi well over a year after Rossi's plant had been shut down.
Italian | English

March 28, 1995: Another story describing the industrial waste left in silos by Rossi's company, Petrol Dragon, which had supposedly been converted into fuel.
Italian | English

March 29, 1995: Background of Rossi's jewelery business, and the charges of fraud related to phony gold shipments.
Italian | English

March 30, 1995: Rossi and four others accused of fake invoices for sale of tens of kilos of gold.
Italian | English

April 6, 1995: story about charges of money laundering and tax evasion related to false billing for the transfer of 46 billion ingots of gold (2,323 lbs.).
Italian | English

May 24, 1995: Rossi arrested for "criminal association aimed at the false invoicing and tax evasion."
Italian | English

January 25, 1996: Rossi complains about the loss of Petrol Dragon, claims innocence.
Italian | English

February 20, 1996: Preliminary hearing on gold fraud charges.
Italian | English

April 25, 1996: Article with Rossi's boasts of a process to convert waste into fuel, and description of the warehouses storing the unprocessed waste.
Italian | English

September 25, 1996: Article about criminal conspiracy to commit fraud and false tax invoices, along with five accomplices. Rossi claimed to have shipped "60 billion" (Lira?) of gold which didn't exist.
Italian | English

March 19, 1997: Rossi's conviction for illegal storage and disposal of toxic waste was upheld by the Court of Appeals.
Italian | English

May 23, 1997: Rossi sentenced to 2 years, 8 months for tax fraud. He created fictitious invoices between four companies he managed.
Italian | English

February 24, 1998: Two of Rossi's employees get plea deal.
Italian | English

October 23, 1998: Article about the cleanup efforts from the toxic waste sites left by Rossi's company.
Italian | English

June 1, 2000: Described as "Fugitive in the U.S.", Rossi is arrested in Rome for aggravated fraud and bankruptcy fraud" Accused of being "on the run" for about a year. Accused of leaving "dozens of stores in Northern Italy overflowing [with] industrial sewage."
Italian | English

October 20, 2000: Rossi sentenced to 8 years for fraudulent bankruptcy.
Italian | English

October 19, 2003: Article about how Rossi's customers are having to pay millions of Euros to pay for the cleanup of the toxic waste dump sites left by Rossi's company.
Italian | English

November 27, 2004: Rossi acquitted on toxic waste dumping charges. 41 million Euros were spent to clean up the waste dump left by Rossi's company.
Italian | English
Last edited by ScottL on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

I'm with Kite on this, healthy skepticism is warranted, but most critics are pretty far beyond that. I have never seen a good non-LENR explanation for the public tests. Rossi is either a genius-level charlatan or a mediocre scientist/entrepreneur with terrible PR skills who has stumbled onto something very interesting.

Re Rossi's conviction -- he was probably operating in a grey area, but the dysfunctionality of the Italian legal system is amazing.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/338849.php
This Magnini cat had some crazy theories about the killer. Really crazy.
One theory he had was that an accidental death in his jurisdiction was actually a murder connected to the Monster of Florence killings. And that the man had been murdered to keep him quiet about What He Knew about the murders. Because What He Knew about the murders were that they were performed by a Satanic cult.
Well, the problem was, the body of this dead man showed no signs of foul play. So the prosecutor postulated that someone -- the Satanic cultists, presumably -- had swapped the body of the murdered man with a body which would show no signs of murder.
Just decided That Must Be It. He got an order to exhume the body to resolve whether or not this was the original body found.
Well, a DNA test determined it was in fact the original body, and that Satanists hadn't swapped it out for the other hone.
So you know what he next postulated?
That the body must have been switched a second time! That the original body was switched -- just as he'd speculated -- but now the Satanists had caught wind of his plan to exhume the body and so had switched it back, just before he dug it up.
It gets worse. Because over the course of 8 years he prosecuted 20 people for their supposed Satanic Body-Swapping crimes and their involvement in the Monster of Florence Satanic Cult Killings. All prosecutions ending in innocence for the accused, but-- eight years worth of prosecutions? Imagine going through this for the speculation of an... what can I say that won't get me sued? ... highly imaginative fellow who won't take the evidence for a first answer, and also for second answer?
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

krenshala wrote:
He told them something that they reported differently on two successive days. It is obvious that the state of Florida was confused, and not a reliable reporter. Next?