10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by KitemanSA »

First you state what eer you please
you shoot the sh!t with greatest ease
But when called on for what you state
Obfuscate, obfuscate, obfuscate!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by KitemanSA on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

ladajo wrote:Well, back to more important things, like Football! Philly against Chicago, yeah!
Yeah! Philly CRUSHED Chicago. I run Nick Foles as my fanstasy QB and have been cleaning up with him. Unfortunately, I have also been running Alshon Jeffries, and he did not fair as well being a Chicago guy. Well enough, but not up to full potential last night.

Okay, back to Rossi bashing. :)
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Axil

Post by Axil »

ladajo wrote:
If any exist, I anticipate major revelations of theory and hardware.
Very nice and completely empty statement.

Here. Try mine;

"If you like chocolate, you may find some you don't."

or

"Going to the moon is easy, unless it is hard."

How about,

"If Bigfoot exists, I anticipate a revelation of his existence."
FYI

The conditional sentence

Conditional sentences are sentences expressing factual implications, or hypothetical situations and their consequences. They are so called because the validity of the main clause of the sentence is conditional on the existence of certain circumstances, which may be expressed in a dependent clause or may be understood from the context.

A full conditional sentence (one which expresses the condition as well as its consequences) therefore contains two clauses: the dependent clause expressing the condition, called the protasis; and the main clause expressing the consequence, called the apodosis. An example of such a sentence (in English) is the following:

If it rains, the picnic will be cancelled.

Here the condition is expressed by the clause if it rains, this being the protasis, while the consequence is expressed by the picnic will be cancelled, this being the apodosis. (The protasis may either precede or follow the apodosis; it is equally possible to say "The picnic will be cancelled if it rains".) In terms of logic, the protasis corresponds to the antecedent, and the apodosis to the consequent.

In the sentence used, The protasis(If any exist) addresses the condition of NEW developments in LENR theory and/or hardware.

The apodosis(I anticipate major revelations of theory and hardware) is the imperative to display these new developments at the LENR gathering at MIT.

To frame this concept in football parlance to make it more meaningful for you. I will form an analogous sentence construction drawing on your expertise in football as follows:

If the Eagles have any new plays(protasis), they will doubtless use them in the big division showdown game against the Cowboys(apodosis).

Because it will be a challenge to explain the Quantum Mechanical underpinning of LENR in terms of football metaphors, this is the first and last time that I will try to communicate with you.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

All that typing and you still have
"If any exist, I anticipate major revelations of theory and hardware."
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
While grammatically correct, better elucidation would improve comprehension of your intended statement.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

paperburn1 wrote:All that typing and you still have
"If any exist, I anticipate major revelations of theory and hardware."
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
While grammatically correct, better elucidation would improve comprehension of your intended statement.

He really doesn't get that he is not the smartest guy in the room. His weak attempt at appearing smart produced an ambiguously empty statement.

Even if you restate it along his claimed preference, you get: I anticipate major revelations of theory and hardware if any exist.

Or mine: I anticipate a revelation of Bigfoot's existence if he exists.

I am sure however that it can be explained by the underlaying Quantum Mechanical underpinning of waffling statements. Unfortunately, since it is Quantum Mechaincal, nobody here can possible understand it except him.

Apparently, he also does not get dismissive sarcasm either. His topical thread being of such importance to me I put it behind fantasy football. :)

Shine on Bright Bulb!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

KitemanSA wrote:"Nope, LENR couldn't be BECs, they only work at very low temperatures." Yeah, right! ;)
Could be, couldn't be—what does it matter? If progress in the LENR field is measured by the number of unfalsified hypotheses developed to explain it, then it must be doing very well indeed.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Ivy Matt wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:"Nope, LENR couldn't be BECs, they only work at very low temperatures." Yeah, right! ;)
Could be, couldn't be—what does it matter? If progress in the LENR field is measured by the number of unfalsified hypotheses developed to explain it, then it must be doing very well indeed.
FYI

For the first time, scientists at IBM Research have demonstrated a complex quantum mechanical phenomenon known as Bose-Einstein condensation (BEC) t room temperature, using a luminescent polymer (plastic) similar to the materials in light emitting displays used in many of today's smartphones. Applications could include energy-efficient lasers and optical switches, critical components for future computer systems processing Big Data, and LENR.

Quantum Phenomenon Could Mean Breakthrough for Exascale Systems

This discovery has potential applications in developing novel optoelectronic devices including energy-efficient lasers and ultra-fast optical switches – critical components for powering future computer systems to process massive Big Data workloads. The use of a polymer material and the observation of BEC at room temperature provides substantial advantages in terms of applicability and cost.

IBM scientists around the world are focused on an ambitious data centric exascale computing program, which is aimed at developing systems that can process massive data workloads fifty times faster than today. Such a system will need optical interconnects capable of high-speed processing of Petabytes to Exabytes of Big Data. This will enable high-performance analytics for: energy grids, life sciences, financial modelling, business intelligence and weather and climate forecasting.

Bose-Einstein Condensation

The complex phenomenon IBM scientists demonstrated at room temperature is named after the renown scientists Satyendranath Bose and Albert Einstein who first predicted it in the mid-1920s and only later experimentally proven in 1995.

A Bose-Einstein Condensate is a peculiar state of matter which occurs when a dilute gas of particles (bosons) are cooled to nearly absolute zero (-273°C, -459°F). At this temperature intriguing macroscopic quantum phenomena occur in which the bosons all line up like ballroom dancers.

The room temperature BEC is formed from Polaritons. DGT has said that their BEC was a Polariton BEC. DGT (also assume Rossi) uses micro-particles to create their Polariton BEC, and IBM uses plastic.

Details from the expanded article as follows:

Polariton BEC within the polymer-filled micro-resonator consisting of the luminescent polymer layer (yellow) and the two mirrors each consisting of many pairs of different transparent oxide layers (red and blue). The polaritons are created by excitation of the polymer layer from below with a laser beam (white). The polaritons (green), which are bosons composed of photons and electron-hole pairs, are formed through interactions of the polymer with the microcavity. Once a critical density is reached, the polaritons undergo Bose-Einstein condensation, emitting green laser-like light through the top mirror.

(Excerpt) Read more at xbitlabs.com ...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/disp ... stems.html

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

Brillouin has signed a deal with a S.Korean manufacturing company
But the development that Bob said is "the most significant event" they've had, and which I could be the first to announce, is that just before Christmas, they signed a multi-million dollar licensing contract with a firm in South Korea, with $750,000 up front, half of which has already been wired, the other half of which is due within 90 days.

This contract came after a year of the firm performing their due diligence.

Bob said that they are entertaining inquiries from other nations for similar licenses.

He hopes that by the end of 2014 they will be ready for roll-out of manufacturing, handing over a set of prints to licensees to build and beta-test units. He said that they would have already done the beta testing on their end, by then.
http://pesn.com/2013/12/30/9602416_S-Ko ... echnology/

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Curiously, nobody seems to know the name of this South Korean manufacturer.

How strange. :roll:

Axil

Post by Axil »

It looks like China will lead the way in LENR.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/01/stron ... rom-china/

I have been concerned that the billion dollar per year political slush fund funded by the energy lobby would be used to support the current simpleton Rossi bashing that goes on the internet when the true potential of LENR was made plain to the western energy companies. China is its own master unlike the western governments who kowtow to the plutocracy . If China becomes a leader in LENR, then the nonsense that goes on in the western political system will be made irrelevant.

For the west including the simpletons on the internet, it will be "accept LERN" or die.
On a broader scale, this outreach to China is a very interesting development. Cherokee has long worked in China, so Mr. Darden has plenty of connections there. It would seem China’s command economy, if the government really gets on board with the E-Cat, would be able to diffuse the technology much faster than in many western countries where there are many competing interests and lobbies, with many legal, regulatory and economic barriers to something so radically new as the E-Cat. In China, if those in power want something to happen, they usually find a way to make it happen. If China does lead the way, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the world would respond — who would want to be left in the dust, if China turns to a clean, green, and superior energy source?

Axil

Post by Axil »

Here is the article that connects Rossi, Fabiani and someone named Darden in the Research Triangle in North Carolina:

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/01/exami ... onnection/

Darden js currently the CEO of Cherokee Investment Partners in Raleigh, NC. He worked at Bain Capital in the 1980s.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/thomas-darden/

The Chinese are involved.

This story will turn out to be stranger than the fiction of a third-class drugstore paperback thriller. I wonder how much of a role that the rampant Rossi bashing by the nattering nabobs of negativism, the masters of sarcasm on the English language internet and the disregard of the arrogant and self important academics have played in this amazing story. For Rossi, it is only natural to go to where you are appreciated.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

You keep rubbing your lamp, eventually a genie will pop out. I promise...

Rossi is an idiot.

What are you going to say when it is finally apparent that he has nothing? Or are you going to keep bleating right into your grave. Just like Rossi?

Looks like shit, smells like shit, tastes like shit, Rossi is full of shit.

When he has something concrete, send out a memo. Until then, your incessant yapping only makes you look stupid and niave.

Maybe you should get some money together and buy one of Rossi's "delivery in four months" 1MW units. Let us know when it arrives and how well it works.

Axil

Post by Axil »

https://news.newenergytimes.net/2014/01 ... proposals/

U.S. Department of Energy Invites Submission of LENR Proposals

DoE Offers to Fund LENRS

Jan. 3, 2014 – By Steven B. Krivit –

New Energy Times has just learned that, on Sept. 27, 2013, the Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) quietly announced a funding opportunity for low-energy nuclear reaction (LENR) research, among other areas.

This first-ever direct invitation from the Department of Energy for submission of proposals to fund this research marks a significant point in the field’s history. This is one of three recent shifts in the scientific establishment’s attitude
See the referenced link above for the DOE "request for quote".

polyill

Post by polyill »

Axil,

Do you think Rossi will submit a proposal to DARPA-E?

Axil

Post by Axil »

polyill wrote:Axil,

Do you think Rossi will submit a proposal to DARPA-E?

No. Rossi is going to get all the money he wants from China .