10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Axil

Post by Axil »

ScottL wrote:Officially there's no contact, unofficially a person or two may or may not have gone to watch the spectacle.
say what...

Rossi has made a lot of money working for US government agencies in past endeavors and has made many friends and connections in federal organizations.

In point of fact, the founders of Ampenergo are Karl Norwood, Richard Noceti, Robert Gentile and Craig Cassarino, friends of Rossi.

Two of them also founded the consulting firm LTI – Leonardo Technologies Inc. – which for 10 years has been working on contracts amounting to several millions of dollars for the U.S. Defense and Energy departments, and with a recent contract with DOE amounting to 95 million dollars.

This firm specializes in contract work for the DOD and the DOE,

Robert Gentile was also Assistant Secretary of Energy for Fossil Energy at the Department of Energy during the early 1990’s.

Rossi is near the bottom of his barrel and has even mortgaged his house to make this upcoming demo. When Rossi could soon be homeless without a sponsor with deep pockets, in this time of his greatest need and support, at this climatic point of his work, it would be natural for him to reach out to the DOD and DOE organizations he has come to know and be comfortable with over the years of close association.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Axil wrote:
ScottL wrote:Officially there's no contact, unofficially a person or two may or may not have gone to watch the spectacle.
say what...

Rossi has made a lot of money working for US government agencies in past endeavors and has made many friends and connections in federal organizations.

In point of fact, the founders of Ampenergo are Karl Norwood, Richard Noceti, Robert Gentile and Craig Cassarino, friends of Rossi.

Two of them also founded the consulting firm LTI – Leonardo Technologies Inc. – which for 10 years has been working on contracts amounting to several millions of dollars for the U.S. Defense and Energy departments, and with a recent contract with DOE amounting to 95 million dollars.

This firm specializes in contract work for the DOD and the DOE,

Robert Gentile was also Assistant Secretary of Energy for Fossil Energy at the Department of Energy during the early 1990’s.

Rossi is near the bottom of his barrel and has even mortgaged his house to make this upcoming demo. When Rossi could soon be homeless without a sponsor with deep pockets, in this time of his greatest need and support, at this climatic point of his work, it would be natural for him to reach out to the DOD and DOE organizations he has come to know and be comfortable with over the years of close association.
To borrow from you....Say What?!!!?!?!?!

Yeah couldn't find any references among Naval, DOD, or DOE contracts to LTI, Rossi, or Amp. Links to said contracts would be a prudent start on your behalf to prove your allegations.

http://www.defense.gov/contracts/
http://science.energy.gov/search.aspx?c ... y=Leonardo

The best links I can find is that LTI may be a sub-contractor of a contractor of a contractor dealing with coal energies.

Axil

Post by Axil »

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Axil wrote:http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/05/interv ... yzers.html

check this reference for info
Can't find any links to DOE, DOD, or Navy contracts with the link you provided. Nor can I find any current employees "on the record" stating such contracts with the link you provided. What I did find is another non gov site stating that they've had ~15 contracts with the government from 2000-10 but fails to provide contract numbers, money, or project reasoning. When I request the data download for amounts and contract numbers, this information is still blank from a non-gov site. I might add that according to this information LTI, Inc. is located in Bannock, Ohio (census-designated place in Richland township) which is actually a forwarding post office box.

Unfortunately I'll need a link to a gov site with some type of contract form whether pdf or web before I buy into any of these claims.

cg66

Post by cg66 »

ScottL wrote:
Can't find any links to DOE, DOD, or Navy contracts with the link you provided. Nor can I find any current employees "on the record" stating such contracts with the link you provided. What I did find is another non gov site stating that they've had ~15 contracts with the government from 2000-10 but fails to provide contract numbers, money, or project reasoning. When I request the data download for amounts and contract numbers, this information is still blank from a non-gov site. I might add that according to this information LTI, Inc. is located in Bannock, Ohio (census-designated place in Richland township) which is actually a forwarding post office box.

Unfortunately I'll need a link to a gov site with some type of contract form whether pdf or web before I buy into any of these claims.
For what its worth here is the link to the Army Corps of Engineers report on Rossi's (Leonardo Technologies, Inc) thermoelectric work.

http://dodfuelcell.cecer.army.mil/libra ... (2004).pdf

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

seedload wrote:/me prepares for the semantic discussion regarding the correct usage of the word "likely".
Always the obliging fellow, I guess I should discuss it. "Likely" seems correctly used to me. The lead-in pronoun phrase however... :wink:

olivier

Post by olivier »

Axil wrote:The Navy is not concerned about the product safety of the E-Cat reactor. Military personnel endure a high level of on-the-job risk and the E-Cat though dangerous in itself would tend to lower the overall risk load the war fighter would be exposed to on the battle field.
If the e-Cat allowed US warships to travel faster than light, this would definitely give them a tactical advantage. :wink:
No, US Navy's personnel is not considered expendable. I know from experience that the French Navy cares for the safety of its personnel and the US Navy does at least as much.
As an example I remember French Navy's "Charles-de-Gaulle" carrier having its nuclear shielding retrofitted to adjust to ICRP Pub. 60 standard and how painful it was. But e-Cats do not emit neutrons, do they?

vivoaca

felinicity

Post by vivoaca »

olivier wrote:But e-Cats do not emit neutrons, do they?
Not bad ones. E-cats just purr along 8). Puss in space.

It's a plus that so far e-cats are unmanned.
Those event horizons can be mighty twicky faw a wittle puddy tat.
I tawt I taw a puddy tat, huh, guess not.

Axil

Post by Axil »

olivier wrote:
Axil wrote:The Navy is not concerned about the product safety of the E-Cat reactor. Military personnel endure a high level of on-the-job risk and the E-Cat though dangerous in itself would tend to lower the overall risk load the war fighter would be exposed to on the battle field.
If the e-Cat allowed US warships to travel faster than light, this would definitely give them a tactical advantage. :wink:
No, US Navy's personnel is not considered expendable. I know from experience that the French Navy cares for the safety of its personnel and the US Navy does at least as much.
As an example I remember French Navy's "Charles-de-Gaulle" carrier having its nuclear shielding retrofitted to adjust to ICRP Pub. 60 standard and how painful it was. But e-Cats do not emit neutrons, do they?
Energy product risk is a relative concept.

The underwriters laboratory would not approve the installation of a nuclear reactor in your basement no matter if it was a current small navel reactor, a Pu238 nuclear battery, or a Rossi reactor.

But the US navy has installed nuclear reactors on ships because they are controlled and policed by trained personnel. The same will be true for a Rossi reactor.

No one can claim that any nuclear reactor is entirely safe. The E-Cat would be safer than a nuclear reactor but not as safe as your current fossil fuel heater.

However, one can always debate that CO2 poisoning is possible when burning fossil fuels in any installation if the chimney fails. The E-Cat does not produce CO2 but it has not yet proven that it is meltdown safe or steam explosion proof to the best of my knowledge.

Windmills and solar panels have their own risks to life and limb.

An electric heat pump is very safe because the risk of explosion is placed at a distance by the electric grid.

However, your city could be made uninhabitable by a nuclear reactor blast that can reach out to your home with radiation release…yes, this has happened...if you are off the grid, you can fall off your roof installing solar panels if you don’t know what you are doing…and on it goes.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Are you trying to place on the same level the installation of a solar panel with the operation of a nuclear Reactor?
I fail to see the logic of such an attempt.

Edit to fix spelling.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote:Are you trying to place on the same level the installation of a solar panel with the operation of a nuclear Reactor
This is not only installation or operational issue but when a talk is about ionizing radiation or high pressure vessels there are very strict rules before first delivery: testing not at level is there excess heat or no, but simulation of number of emergency situations with writing of problem solving scenario for each situation and with creation of corresponding documentation, then certification that should be granted by very bureaucratic state authority and, so, requiring not less than several years.
In more or less normal country without all these nobody will grant Rossi the right to sell his device. And where he is going to sell? Not in USA? Do you believe that?
Even his fans till now say "If that work, that would be game changing" Yes, if that work excellent, but then it should go through above mentioned procedures.

parallel

Post by parallel »

"How much nickel and hydrogen will it take to generate one megawatt of heat continuously for six months?"

Andrea Rossi
October 25th, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Dear Thomas Blakeslee:
Grams/Power for a 180 days charge
Hydrogen: 18000 g
Nickel: 10000 g
Warm Regards,
A.R.
That is:
22lb nickel
39.7lb Hydrogen

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:
"How much nickel and hydrogen will it take to generate one megawatt of heat continuously for six months?"

Andrea Rossi

Dear Thomas Blakeslee:
Warm Regards,
A.R.
That is:
22lb nickel
39.7lb Hydrogen
So, per one nickel nucleus 104.4 hydrogen nuclei?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Axil wrote:Energy product risk is a relative concept.

The underwriters laboratory would not approve the installation of a nuclear reactor in your basement no matter if it was a current small navel reactor, a Pu238 nuclear battery, or a Rossi reactor.
As in "UL wouldn't be involved at all" or "UN wouldn't approve it if they were involved"? Why would UL be involved? And if they were involved, why would they care if it were nuclear?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:

Andrea Rossi

Dear Thomas Blakeslee:
Warm Regards,
A.R.
That is:
22lb nickel
39.7lb Hydrogen
These numbers make little to no sense......

Anyhow, after tomorrow we are supposed to get some replies, let's see what will be the news.