10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

While hooked up to a running 500KW Diesel Generator, "for safety", that no one was allowed to monitor.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Can we look inside Rossi's black box yet?

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

cgray45 wrote:
parallel wrote: Strangely enough he has demonstrated several working E-Cats. You don't believe him and apparently would doubt even a university replication as you don't believe LENR is more than instrument error. Someone as pathologically skeptical as you would not believe cold fusion unless you did the experiment yourself.
No. No he hasn't. He's had several dog and pony shows where, surprise, surprise, nobody else was allowed to even check the instruments, and where "1 MW" generators produced steam more in line with what one gets from a teakettle.
He has, of course had the opportunity to have his units tested, by NASA and the University of Bologna...but surprise, surprise, he ensured that such tests never took place, demanding money from NASA and refusing to fulfill his contractual obligations for the Bologna test-- like all scammers and fraudsters, he generated publicity and then did a skip when the moment approached when the magic box might actually be viewed in a lab where he can't control all the input.
If Rossi did what you suggest he would simply encourage myriads of competitors and make less money. His scheme to make a million cheap domestic E-Cats/year sounds a good idea to me.
This is the one being produced by his secret robot factory located somewhere in the wilds of the everglades, right? It's rather hard for us to keep track of all of his "factory" claims since they oddly never seem to materialize.
Heck you can buy a 1MW E-Cat now and not pay until after you tested it. You say money should be easy to come by with proof so what is holding you back?
Except so far, we haven't seen one, single, E-cat. Not one. It seems like either the entire planet is refusing to pay, or, and here's that great scientific tool, Occam's razor, that none have been bought, because none exist.
One real problem is the US Patent Office not granting patents for anything to do with cold fusion. This will certainly lead to a legal mess and probably slow the commercial development.
A working model has always been the key to proving a new energy source, and in fact is one of the easiest and best ways to help push through an application. THe fact that no such working model has at any point been presented, is rather telling-- I mean, since we ahve that robot factory in the ever glades.

I'm sorry. Tinkerbell won't come back because we clap, Santa Claus was mom and dad, and Rossi is a fraud or an example of pathalogical science. Given his involvement with the DOD and the thermoelectric generator fiasco and his Petroldragon mess, I'm inclined towards the former.
I'm a bit surprised that even parallel is still on the Rossibot bandwagon.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Willfully ignoring overwhelming evidence in the contrary of one's belief.

Sounds like a future meme to me....

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

The Rossibot Rossillations are dampening to a fading whimper.

The man's latest commentary is another word filled waffling emptiness. His "open to the public" 1MW plant, is now only for persons selected by him, to be announced, later, sometime...
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

ladajo wrote:Apparently there is also some video in Sweden being argued over that allegedly catches Lewan asking Rossi for steam, as it was not coming out, to which Rossi then <apparently> turned on/up the heaters, and low and behold, out comes steam...
I disagree with that. It does sound like "Sorry, could we have steam?" at first blush, but after giving it several listens I'm quite certain he says "...so we clearly have steam." I think the reason his voice is lower is not that he's talking conspiratorially to Rossi, but rather that he's not entirely convinced himself.
Betruger wrote:Can we look inside Rossi's black box yet?
What do you think? :P
ladajo wrote:His "open to the public" 1MW plant, is now only for persons selected by him, to be announced, later, sometime...
I expected it would be something like that.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Regarding that last point, I can't seem to find out where Rossi clarified his intentions with regard to the "public" device. Reference, please?
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Ivy Matt wrote:Regarding that last point, I can't seem to find out where Rossi clarified his intentions with regard to the "public" device. Reference, please?
I don't think you will find clarity from Rossi. He changes his direction more often than a weathercock. The only constant is that nothing that would validate operation of his devices is allowed to take place.

seedload

Post by seedload »

tomclarke wrote:I'm a bit surprised that even parallel is still on the Rossibot bandwagon.
I am not surprised that Parallel still exhibits extreme confidence in Rossi. If you previously believed Rossi despite a lack of evidence and apparent tomfoolery why would you stop believing him even with a maintained lack of evidence and additional tomfoolery.

What I am surprised at is that Parallel can't get away from the notion that anyone who doesn't have the same level of faith must be pathologically skeptical. The refusal to accept legitimate reasons for skepticism is what has always been 'odd' to me.

The complete contempt for legitimate questioning and legitimate extreme doubt without a bit of consideration to the possibility that that doubt has a thoughtful basis is the reason that some people use the term 'religious' when describing this level of devotion.

When the lottery gets really big, I buy a ticket (maybe two or three). Despite the fact that I know that I am not going to win, I still daydream about what I will do when I do win. No doubt, my hopes of winning are not at all proportional to my chances of actually winning.

So, while I don't agree with Parallel, like Chris Rock says, "I understand".
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

WizWom

Post by WizWom »

If you can make energy at less than 10c a kWh, you become rich. Most places force electrical distributors to buy power.

No muss, no fuss, make your power, conditioned for the grid, and get money.

I can only assume that Rossi cannot make power, at any level, if he's hurting for anything.

If he could make a MegaWatt, then that's 0.10*1e6 = 1e5 *24 = $2.4e6/day gross.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

seedload wrote:
tomclarke wrote:I'm a bit surprised that even parallel is still on the Rossibot bandwagon.
I am not surprised that Parallel still exhibits extreme confidence in Rossi. If you previously believed Rossi despite a lack of evidence and apparent tomfoolery why would you stop believing him even with a maintained lack of evidence and additional tomfoolery.

What I am surprised at is that Parallel can't get away from the notion that anyone who doesn't have the same level of faith must be pathologically skeptical. The refusal to accept legitimate reasons for skepticism is what has always been 'odd' to me.

The complete contempt for legitimate questioning and legitimate extreme doubt without a bit of consideration to the possibility that that doubt has a thoughtful basis is the reason that some people use the term 'religious' when describing this level of devotion.

When the lottery gets really big, I buy a ticket (maybe two or three). Despite the fact that I know that I am not going to win, I still daydream about what I will do when I do win. No doubt, my hopes of winning are not at all proportional to my chances of actually winning.

So, while I don't agree with Parallel, like Chris Rock says, "I understand".
You are definitely welcome to be skeptical it's not a crime... As well as to have more tolerance for people who does not share your level of skepticism would be welcome as well... Any kind of believe is an extreme, the believe in scam as well as believe in LENR. The believe is a result of lack of evidences and at this point (in my opinion) there is no a definitive facts supporting any side. So far, all evidences (from my perspective) are circumstantial/indirect thus, the assessment of probability is a personal choice... very likely (in my opinion) LENR is a practical tech and quite soon will make a dramatic impact; who first will come to market is irrelevant for me... when - is more interesting... By the way, the pathological skepticism is an admission of own mediocrecy, once someone has failed to make a splash they deny such ability for others (as self-defense) and in-fact, in 99% cases they turn out to be right just because any breakthrough of such magnitude is really a rare event...

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Yes, pathological SNAKES!

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

The misuse of the prefix "patho" assigned infers an unwillingness or inability to accept any claim, not just Rossi's claim, but any claim. I don't believe in Rossi's claims due to the evidence or lack there-of. We'll know 100% if his devices are mass produced by the end of the year. The frustrated part of me wishes we'd receive an apology from the believers, but that will never happen. The empathetic part feels for what will be a very disappointing end result for them.

seedload

Post by seedload »

ScottL wrote:The misuse of the prefix "patho" assigned infers an unwillingness or inability to accept any claim, not just Rossi's claim, but any claim. I don't believe in Rossi's claims due to the evidence or lack there-of. We'll know 100% if his devices are mass produced by the end of the year. The frustrated part of me wishes we'd receive an apology from the believers, but that will never happen. The empathetic part feels for what will be a very disappointing end result for them.
There will never be a disappointment. These things don't end, they peter out, and before the last gasp of hope disappears, a new 'thing' replaces the prior, renewing hope and promise with no lessons ever learned. Rossi's appear even as BLPs slowly fade away.

See the following:
stefanbanev wrote: You are definitely welcome to be skeptical it's not a crime... As well as to have more tolerance for people who does not share your level of skepticism would be welcome as well... Any kind of believe is an extreme, the believe in scam as well as believe in LENR. The believe is a result of lack of evidences and at this point (in my opinion) there is no a definitive facts supporting any side. So far, all evidences (from my perspective) are circumstantial/indirect thus, the assessment of probability is a personal choice... very likely (in my opinion) LENR is a practical tech and quite soon will make a dramatic impact; who first will come to market is irrelevant for me... when - is more interesting... By the way, the pathological skepticism is an admission of own mediocrecy, once someone has failed to make a splash they deny such ability for others (as self-defense) and in-fact, in 99% cases they turn out to be right just because any breakthrough of such magnitude is really a rare event...
Notice that the conversation is shifting away from 'Rossi' to 'LENR' in general and the discussion of belief and skeptisism is being treated as if we were discussing LENR all along with no more mention of Rossi in particular.

Interesting. I wonder if the author even recognized he was doing this? Hmmm...
Last edited by seedload on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Yeah, call it wishful thinking, but I agree.