10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Enginerd wrote: Of course no one can see them -- they are invisible. And pink.
Nonsense! Unscientific mumbo-jumbo. They can't both be pink AND invisible. Obviously, they must be infra-pink. Dufus.

cg66

Post by cg66 »

tomclarke wrote:All those good professors in their smart offices know about color and vision. I'm just a simple engineer - I know unicorns. I have spent many years studying unicorns, and I know that both pinkness and invisibility are important, but to say more is not possible until my patent "device to view unicorns in North polar habitat" is published.

I want to state categorically that I'm not asking anyone for money until the unicorn-abbatoir is completed and unicorn-flesh is being shipped. Obviously, unicorn-flesh will be a highly-prized commodity. I expect it to solve the hunger problems of the third world. In fact that is the only reason I have mortgaged my house to fund this project so far. I will need a network of sales agents for the unicorn-flesh, anyone interested who has $100,000 or more to spare should contact me at the above address.

PS - the rumours circulating about animal welfare inspectors are not true. Everyone knows that unicorns don't exist, so there can be no contraventions of welfare regulations.
A CERTAIN SERPENT CAME TO VISIT UNDER THE GUISE OF SCIENTIFIC INTEREST TO SEE THE HERD OF INVISIBLE PINK UNICORNS - IN FACT WE KNOW FROM OUR VAST INTELLIGENCE NETWORK THAT THE SERPENT WORKS FOR VARIOUS MARIONETTES WHO WORK FOR MARIONETTE-JESTERS AND MARIONETTE - SERPENT -JESTERS ALL WHO ARE WORK FOR OUR COMPETITORS AND SOME GUY NAMED BOB.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

cg66 wrote: AND SOME GUY NAMED BOB.
DOBBS?

Axil

Post by Axil »

G. Bush 43 was asked if he got any advice from his father; he said that he takes his direction from only God the father.

Rossi is like G. Bush 43 as follows:

"I am not strong, I am not intelligent. I believe in God. I ask God, 'Should I go ahead?' If the answer is, 'Yes', then I go ahead; if 'No', then I don't."

Rossi abides none but God.

Could Rossi be a saint and a prophet just like 43 was?

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

This failure to make excess energy my the new e-cat may have significant for the hole cold fusion field.
The net energy produced by lots of cold fusion experiment is measured with several calorimetric methods and have been hard to make a god excuse for.
The sceptics have been ignorant and mainly used this formula,
No dangerous radiation = no fusion = bad calorimetry.

But there can be a single and common failure for al this calorimetric measurements.
In the new test of the e-cat was "True RMS-instrument" used. It seems
as Rossi used standard measurement methods for the current but that is wrong. In standard calorimetry the calorimeter is calibrated with
a resistance current. If this have been made with this error there is a error in most caliometric measurements and the excess heat can be
a illusion. But this also means most of our caliometric data will be wrong in the same way. If we not noticed it may depend on that the data
is correct relative to each other.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

This above is a hopelessly confused statement. The current issue is that Rossi did not measure the input power to the hot e-cat properly given he wasn't driving with a sine wave and the voltage and current where not in phase. Supposedly the Swede's determined the input power was significantly greater than Rossi reported.

This has nothing to do with calorimetry, which is measuring the power coming out of the e-cat. Anyone who provides the proper scientific control for their calorimetry can provide an extremely high measure of confidence in their test setup, as was done at Rowan. If on the other hand you have a calorimetry with no appropriate controls, then the results are not worth anything.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Torulf2 wrote:This failure to make excess energy my the new e-cat may have significant for the hole cold fusion field.
The net energy produced by lots of cold fusion experiment is measured with several calorimetric methods and have been hard to make a god excuse for.
The sceptics have been ignorant and mainly used this formula,
No dangerous radiation = no fusion = bad calorimetry.

But there can be a single and common failure for al this calorimetric measurements.
In the new test of the e-cat was "True RMS-instrument" used. It seems
as Rossi used standard measurement methods for the current but that is wrong. In standard calorimetry the calorimeter is calibrated with
a resistance current. If this have been made with this error there is a error in most caliometric measurements and the excess heat can be
a illusion. But this also means most of our caliometric data will be wrong in the same way. If we not noticed it may depend on that the data
is correct relative to each other.
average V & A meters will work OK with resistive load and sinusoidal waveform. Otherwise you need RMS. Most calorimetry experiments measure V & A separately, log to PC, multiply, etc, which gives real power. Or they use RMS V & A, assume resistive load (error would reduce input power relatice to measurement so is safe).

Or you can ue DC drive. Solves all these problems cleanly.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

cg66 wrote:
tomclarke wrote:All those good professors in their smart offices know about color and vision. I'm just a simple engineer - I know unicorns. I have spent many years studying unicorns, and I know that both pinkness and invisibility are important, but to say more is not possible until my patent "device to view unicorns in North polar habitat" is published.

I want to state categorically that I'm not asking anyone for money until the unicorn-abbatoir is completed and unicorn-flesh is being shipped. Obviously, unicorn-flesh will be a highly-prized commodity. I expect it to solve the hunger problems of the third world. In fact that is the only reason I have mortgaged my house to fund this project so far. I will need a network of sales agents for the unicorn-flesh, anyone interested who has $100,000 or more to spare should contact me at the above address.

PS - the rumours circulating about animal welfare inspectors are not true. Everyone knows that unicorns don't exist, so there can be no contraventions of welfare regulations.
A CERTAIN SERPENT CAME TO VISIT UNDER THE GUISE OF SCIENTIFIC INTEREST TO SEE THE HERD OF INVISIBLE PINK UNICORNS - IN FACT WE KNOW FROM OUR VAST INTELLIGENCE NETWORK THAT THE SERPENT WORKS FOR VARIOUS MARIONETTES WHO WORK FOR MARIONETTE-JESTERS AND MARIONETTE - SERPENT -JESTERS ALL WHO ARE WORK FOR OUR COMPETITORS AND SOME GUY NAMED BOB.
LOL
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Haha but seriously that was the nail in the coffin and I'm glad to see the Rossi-Saga come to a close.
The thing is, even though I have been one of the most vocal skeptics here, I would have loved to be wrong on this one. Not surprised that it turned out that way, but cant say that I am happy about it.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

What a string of idiotic posts. I've never seen so many supposedly adult and intellectual people jump at such strained conclusions in all my life.

While I agree it is possible this is the end of the issue, it's a long way from that right now. All we know is that the Swedes objected to the way Rossi measured his input power. They could be back with funding tomorrow and wouldn't you all feel like complete idiots?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

What a string of idiotic posts. I've never seen so many supposedly adult and intellectual people jump at such strained conclusions in all my life.
SNAKE PUPPET!
wouldn't you all feel like complete idiots?
No because none of the rest of us are staking anywhere near as much into whatever that klutz Rossi really is doing, as Parallel and maybe a few others seem to. For the rest of us the science is all that matters and we've seen just about none of that under Rossi's management.

At least if he'd just infodump everything from A to Z into open-source there'd be acceptable dufus-to-brass tacks IOW disinformation-to-information ratios.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

parallel

Post by parallel »

GIThruster,

Agreed. It might be just random key clicks for all the sense in it.

Lost in the noise is that the low temperature industrial E-Cat has received safety certification by SGS. As far as I can tell SGS is a large competent company and I much doubt they would issue a certificate for something that didn't work.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

If you are talking about a UL or CSA field safety certificate, then it has NOTHING to do with operation.

The safety inspections for these standards only require that components used in fabrication are UL or CSA rated, that the various circuits have short-circuit protection and that the unit passes a HI-POT test.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

and have been hard to make a god excuse for.
This really needs to be a T-shirt.

Parallel,
Prove to all of us that "E-Cat" has an "SGS" certification.
Please provide "SGS" validated documentation.

Oh? What's that?

I am so sorry. You can not.

Ahhh...., uhmmm...., Oooops.

<Full-o-Shyte-meter pegs (...again)>
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I don't want to sound like I'm defending Rossi because I'm not. Certification of any kind is a red herring, though. Not worth the time to post as it doesn't mean a thing. Likewise with the idiotic requests for info dumps on what is obviously an NDA protected trade secret. If all you can do is ask for these sorts of nonsense items, the critics begin to look as bad as Rossi.