10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Helius

Post by Helius »

parallel wrote:Only two months to go before the scheduled 1 MW demo
Prediction #1: That threshold will come an go; There will be similar thresholds next year.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Helius wrote:
parallel wrote:Only two months to go before the scheduled 1 MW demo
Prediction #1: That threshold will come an go; There will be similar thresholds next year.
Let's see.... How much are you prepared to bet the demonstration does not take place before December? (I will be it does)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Successfully or unsuccessfully?

parallel

Post by parallel »

KitemanSA,
Helius didn't specify, so the bet is for precisely what he wrote. ie whether there will be a demo this year.
I suspect another case of big mouth.

parallel

Post by parallel »

The latest rumor:
Roy Virgilio (a close source to the Piantelli group who often posted
reliable news on their ongoing work) wrote:
Rossi's tests with NASA should start today (September 6th) and last three days.

Edit added.
I hear from an inside government source that NASA will be testing the E-Cat including the 1 MW unit. I have no confirmation of the date.

parallel

Post by parallel »

As I have been able to confirm that NASA is to test E-Cats I wonder how the pathological skeptics will explain why Rossi would give such an organization the opportunity to demonstrate he is a fraud and liar. (as per Giorgio, et al.)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

How did you "confirm" that? All I saw was rumor posts. Where is the NASA press release?

parallel

Post by parallel »

ladajo wrote:How did you "confirm" that? All I saw was rumor posts. Where is the NASA press release?
Private conversation with someone I know in the government. He has a lot more information but it is not for publication.

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

parallel wrote:As I have been able to confirm that NASA is to test E-Cats I wonder how the pathological skeptics will explain why Rossi would give such an organization the opportunity to demonstrate he is a fraud and liar. (as per Giorgio, et al.)
Maybe Rossi doesn't even know it's a scam. :shock:

parallel

Post by parallel »

sparkyy0007 wrote:
parallel wrote:As I have been able to confirm that NASA is to test E-Cats I wonder how the pathological skeptics will explain why Rossi would give such an organization the opportunity to demonstrate he is a fraud and liar. (as per Giorgio, et al.)
Unfortunately that's not funny, it is just stupid. Like much of the ignorant nonsense from the holier than thou crowd, that passes as "discussion."

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

parallel wrote:
ladajo wrote:How did you "confirm" that? All I saw was rumor posts. Where is the NASA press release?
Private conversation with someone I know in the government. He has a lot more information but it is not for publication.
Seems like a lot of that going around lately. :D I just wish we could get a reliable un-named government source for polywell.

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

parallel wrote:
sparkyy0007 wrote:
Unfortunately that's not funny, it is just stupid.
Couldn't agree with you more.
To do all those tireless years of research to
finally discover the most important energy
vector in history, then apply phase change
calorimetry that you don't understand to
measure your power. So you bring in an
independent chemist to measure the steam
quality with a RH tester and poo-poo any one who
questions your methods.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Well if he has doubts his stuff will work it depends on timing.

He needs money from investors. Saying NASA is going to test his stuff (and this being true) is a big plus. Sure, when they test and discover it does not work it is a minus, but if he has money by then no problem.

Also, on past form, if NASA eventually claims his stuff does not work he will have some reason for this.

icarus

Post by icarus »

ladajo wrote:
parallel wrote:
Seems like a lot of that going around lately. :D I just wish we could get a reliable un-named government source for polywell.
You don't need one when you have a forum full of unquestioning devotees and apologists.

parallel

Post by parallel »

tomclarke,
He needs money from investors. Saying NASA is going to test his stuff (and this being true) is a big plus. Sure, when they test and discover it does not work it is a minus, but if he has money by then no problem.
Couple of problems here.
1. Rossi has made no statement about the E-Cat being tested by NASA,
2. Do you really think investors would part with their money before the test?
3. I note you are still certain that it does not work. "...when they test and discover it does not work." I'd bet that you would have been one of those saying flight was impossible as the Wright brothers were flying. After all, that was the scientific consensus of the time.