This Circuit Diagram Explains Everything

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Let me add that it came nicely boxed (small box) in one of their typical sample packages IIRC.

The data sheet says (c) 1972 but I believe it actually came out in the '75 - '77 era.

You could order the package from a pullout in one of the EE magazines. EDN or ED. Maybe both.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I remember when the WOM first came out. They're hard to find these days, since there are many chips on the market that can do the same job even better. I find I can eliminate the cooling fan if I use a Molex 71243-0001, and I get over a million times the capacity of the original.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Tom Ligon wrote:I remember when the WOM first came out. They're hard to find these days, since there are many chips on the market that can do the same job even better. I find I can eliminate the cooling fan if I use a Molex 71243-0001, and I get over a million times the capacity of the original.
I did a contract for Molex back in the day. Out in Lisle. Good times. The air in the plant was thick with oil. Loved it. EPA has probably got to them by now.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Grumalg

Post by Grumalg »

Here's another little gem from the past :)

http://desperate-engineers.com/files/20 ... lifier.pdf

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I did a little checking. It turns out the LM0901A1141090451C amplifier and that Signetics 25120 WOM chip are on the very short list of tech we're allowed to export to Iran. Evidently neither one is considered "dual use".