Action! Action! Action!

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

IBID, but I would STILL like YOU to try open source (wiki) editing. :)

bobshipp

Post by bobshipp »

KitemanSA wrote:IBID, but I would STILL like YOU to try open source (wiki) editing. :)
How do I do that and what happens.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Never done it myself so this is all kind of opinion rather than experience. But:

Get a web site. - well actually, you seem to HAVE a web site (boronage).
Download wiki free-ware.
Install
Set up the "play by" rules.
Announce.
Accept volunteers who sign up for an editing account (or allow general public editing - not sure I'd do this, spammers hit wikis too)
Let them at it.

Throw in such direction as you wish.

If you aren't currently signed up to edit Wikipedia, do so now and try your hand at editing some article you think you can add to.

Go to the "discussion" pages about said article and read what has gone into the current article in the past. Do some minor clean up.

Propose a significant addition (if you think one is worth while) and ask for suggestions as to form-fit- and function.

Have fun!

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

MSimon wrote:
If it were, there could be political pressure to make something happen
But political pressure did make something happen. And since me and a few others (TallDave was definitely an accomplice) stopped applying the pressure no one else has taken over the job.

No matter. The work goes on.
Yeah, I did not mean to mis-characterize your efforts (or anyone else for that matter). This web forum alone does a lot just by virtue of being here and spreading information on the subject. And a lot can be done by an individual.

I think Bob is getting at a more baseline kind of pressure, which is what I was thinking by applying "political pressure." The proverbial "groundswell" of support, so to speak. If every John Q. Public knew the advantages of Polywell should it be proven to work, and the relative inexpensiveness of determining that, there could be much more focus.

However, I think it will be something like Prometheus Fusion that gets the ball moving, ultimately. I think the press would fall over themselves to feature Famulus if he is able to get to a working prototype and produce net power. Just need an angel investor to step up to the plate.

Look at all the attention Rossi is getting since he claims a working reactor Now lets imagine if Famulus had a real Polywell system and would let people actually test the thing ;)

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

Thanks, Bob, for writing this book. I dont know how much of it is true; I dont know if you really lived 3 lives (which by the way, its insane).

I read most of it, if what all Bob (the character) has done in his life is true, then I think all of us need to take charge and aim for the greatness that will be obtained.

When polywell goes through, I wish to see all of you doing all we can to push for this to make this so call "Boron Age" a reality.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

bobshipp

recommendations

Post by bobshipp »

For the newcomers to the Boron polywell concept that have been responding to the book; I have been recommending www.polywellnuclearfusion.com as a good introduction; for those with some knowledge www.wikipedia.org/wiki/polywell ; and finally for those with an avid interest the www.talk-polywell.org site.

Happy holidays

space_dreamer

Post by space_dreamer »

Where is the link to the free download? - I just found it thanks bobshipp!

I've followed Polywell since the Google talk by Dr Buzzard, but a round up of the technology for the layman is most welcome!