Focus Fusion news story

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

D Tibbets

Focus Fusion news story

Post by D Tibbets »

Recently I caught a portion of a story about Focus Fusion on Public TV. Thanks to the Focus Fusion Society, here is a link to the story in its entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49p0cZEisTA

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

dont know anything about FF, I think some of yall consider it to be legit. Best luck to them.

Whens polywell gonna get the news story? lol.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Either when it proves unworkable, and some "reporter" breaks the news about the massive waste of Taxpayer money; OR when the Navy starts building one into a ship?

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

I hope you're wrong about the level of secrecy with polywell, because i do plan to get my PhD studying it. :)

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

Robthebob wrote:I hope you're wrong about the level of secrecy with polywell, because i do plan to get my PhD studying it. :)
When and where?

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

DeltaV

Re: Focus Fusion news story

Post by DeltaV »

D Tibbets wrote:Recently I caught a portion of a story about Focus Fusion on Public TV. Thanks to the Focus Fusion Society, here is a link to the story in its entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49p0cZEisTA

Dan Tibbets
Russian public TV.

When is American "public" TV going to report on DPF, Polywell, FRC, etc?

Oh, wait, I get it.

"This program is made possible by a grant from Exxon Mobil Corporation", or, "This program is made possible by a grant from America's Natural Gas Industry", or, "This program is made possible by a grant from America's Coal Industry".

Don't hold your breath, you'll turn blue.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

D Tibbets wrote:
Robthebob wrote:I hope you're wrong about the level of secrecy with polywell, because i do plan to get my PhD studying it. :)
When and where?

Dan Tibbets
Soonish and Sydney.

rcain

Post by rcain »

Robthebob wrote:
D Tibbets wrote:
When and where?

Dan Tibbets
Soonish and Sydney.
kool 8)

better hurry up or someone will beat you to it - something is just waiting to happen out there.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

cant, dr k told me to get a masters and try again. I was like... okay.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Russian public TV.

When is American "public" TV going to report on DPF, Polywell, FRC, etc?

Oh, wait, I get it.

"This program is made possible by a grant from Exxon Mobil Corporation", or, "This program is made possible by a grant from America's Natural Gas Industry", or, "This program is made possible by a grant from America's Coal Industry".

Don't hold your breath, you'll turn blue.
Yepp, the quite unfortunate truth. It is also not the only information they are withholding or distorting...

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Not television, as far as I know, but CNBC now has an online article on LPP. Well, about half of it's on LPP. The other half is on why uranium fission is a better bet for now.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

rcain

Post by rcain »

Robthebob wrote:cant, dr k told me to get a masters and try again. I was like... okay.
tell him to stop stalling and get on with it. there are people out here expecting fusion remind him - soon, its already 50years late. ;)

rcain

Post by rcain »

KitemanSA wrote:Either when it proves unworkable, and some "reporter" breaks the news about the massive waste of Taxpayer money; OR when the Navy starts building one into a ship?
tend to agree with that. only sensible policy/what they do.

its up to others to make sure they are in a position to catch up fast, when and if ever positive news breaks. - maybe even 'orchestration' between defense and home office/dept of energy to ensure public research/development funding is going in the right direction as things become public, when the time is right. (may be too much to hope).

but one of the big advantages for Polywell was always that it was highly 'accessible' both scientifically and budget wise - to 'properly assess feasibility'. small $ for someone with the right information to go 'follow up' with venture capital - if and when the time is right.

we'll learn in time i suppose.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

One of the things I ponder on, is if it breaks as viable, how fast and how vicious the energy sector oscillations will be. Especially in respect to unstable, little-to-no alternative oil economies.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

ladajo wrote:One of the things I ponder on, is if it breaks as viable, how fast and how vicious the energy sector oscillations will be. Especially in respect to unstable, little-to-no alternative oil economies.
Roachstompers, assuming Lerner's Focus Fusion.
Vae Victis