SpaceX News

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

TheRadicalModerate

Re: SpaceX News

Postby TheRadicalModerate » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:16 pm

TheRadicalModerate

Postby TheRadicalModerate » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:18 pm

wizz33
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby wizz33 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:35 pm

dont forget the 10 tons vernier trusters

paperburn1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby paperburn1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Cheap orbital refueling would really be a game changer "halfway to anywhere"
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

TheRadicalModerate

Postby TheRadicalModerate » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:22 pm

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:35 am

PAD 39A launch at 3:34 p.m. EDT (1934 GMT) Monday at the opening of a 144-minute window. The Koreasat 5A communications satellite.

Tom Ligon

Postby Tom Ligon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 pm

The landing was OK, but the video feed for both the barge and the first stage suffered major drop-outs, and clearly was a couple of meters off-center. The commentator noted that this one was a little "toasty." The judges deducted two full points. The Russian judge again deducted an extra point for boring, but as the high and low scores are disregarded, it doesn't matter to the score.

Clearly they're getting picky.

https://www.space.com/38609-spacex-laun ... ocket.html

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:37 pm

The barge was rocking and rolling enough in the tropical cyclone that it had trouble keeping it's satellite link alive.. and they still stuck the landing. Nice work! No additional points for style? ;-)

Tom Ligon

Postby Tom Ligon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 pm

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:30 am

Tom Ligon

Postby Tom Ligon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:34 pm

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:30 am

Nogo for launch
I noticed INDIA has a fail to deploy fairing and lost a satellite. They use a system very similar to what Musk falcon 9 uses to deploy fairing. They ran into a problem with the pneumatic pushers they use to deploy the fairing. I do not know if this was a local manufacture or something they have sourced out for spacex but basically it is the same system. Spacex is being very tight lipped on this problem, I do not know if it is because of the payload or other issues.
space.com
In terms of the next flight that SpaceX has under NASA’s Commercial Resupply Services contract, not much. The $1.6 billion agreement likely won’t be impacted as the cargo variant of SpaceX‘s Dragon spacecraft does not utilize a payload fairing (the rocket’s nose cone) when it travels to the International Space Station and the mission appears to still be a “go” for a December 4 launch date. When launched this will be the 13th flight under this agreement (CRS-13).

The payload fairing issue that SpaceX has encountered could mean that Zuma, as well as the Iridium NEXT 4 flight slated to take place on December 22, might not take place this year and the “unofficial” flight of the Falcon Heavy, which could have taken place later this year is unlikely to occur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXYh4re0j8M

TDPerk

Postby TDPerk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm

molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Same system never said it was same parts I was wondering if they used same parts, so maybe they were just being careful. Roughly 80% of the parts in any SpaceX rocket are made on the company's own factory. The other twenty percent are purchased from outside venders Just an interested question. It would be foolish to think they are not in the business of selling parts and pieces. They could undercut most suppliers by huge amounts .

Yey , airbags go off in a car and cause damage to the occupant; other automotive makers check to make sure that the same flaw does not exist in their system because they use airbags too..
logical and safety orientated.

I do not know if it is because of the payload or other issues. you might have missed that part of the statement.

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Return to “News”