SpaceX News

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

choff

Re: SpaceX News

Postby choff » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:29 am

Had a speculative wild@$$ thought today, probably can't start a POPS cycle in a Polywell, how about small bubble cavitation in the plasma center using microwaves?
CHoff

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:21 am

choff wrote:Had a speculative wild@$$ thought today, probably can't start a POPS cycle in a Polywell, how about small bubble cavitation in the plasma center using microwaves?

If you are referring to the Acoustic Cavitation effect (Sonofusion) of ORNL fame of early 2000, no one was able to ever replicate its results and the whole research was in the end invalidated.

If you are referring to Sonoluminescence, the effect has been determined to be due to thermal or electrical ionization of noble gases during the collapse of the bubble. There is quite a lot of literature available about it.

Neither of the 2 unfortunately can be of any help to facilitate a fusion process.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

choff

Postby choff » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Dang!
CHoff

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:45 pm

choff wrote:Dang!

I know right... If it was not for physics and law enforcement I would be unstoppable :D
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Return to “News”