Terrafugia's VTOL hybrid car

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV

Terrafugia's VTOL hybrid car

Post by DeltaV »

cgray45

Re: Terrafugia's VTOL hybrid car

Post by cgray45 »

Moller 400 skycar? Is that you?
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Moller M-400 has 4 Wankels, vs. 2 electric motors.

So, do you want 4 less-reliable Wankels or 2 more-reliable electric motors?

Myself, I prefer 8 more-reliable electric motors:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2317&p=60161&sid=cb ... 4f3#p60161

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

OK here is one big problem I see right now, can anybody name the qualifications to fly VSTOL in civilian aviation? To my current knowledge there is only two persons qualified to fly a VSTOL aircraft in united states airspace as a civilian.
Art Nalls and Joe Anderson (http://nallsaviation.com/pilots and they fly in the air show circuit. They we able to get a special exemption due to thier prior military experience and training. They also has to become current with simulator training time that was available in only two places in the united states. (MY shop) Joe Anderson was a former CO of mine and well known in the community. Art was a retired driver and wild man from back in the day as well. That and a lot of begging with the FAA and politics they were able to become qualified to fly private own VSTOL in the USA. Get trainer time and finally get certified to fly. It took a Long long time and the FFA was friendly to the project. I would hate to see how they acted to unfreindly projects. Can you imagine the red tape to get a civilian permission.
One of my crew also work for free over two years to get this project off the ground, some of the stories harken back to the old days of aviation where there were old pilots , bold pilots , but no old,bold pilots :D The web site has some good reads in it about how they overcame some big problems and how they pulled every favor they could to make this project fly. In the end it was worth it because they put on a great show.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.