Famulus's DIY Polywell project ending

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeP

Famulus's DIY Polywell project ending

Post by JoeP »

Looks like Mark Suppes is unable to continue, per his last post. Too bad, I enjoyed reading his blog and tracking his activity on the project.

http://prometheusfusionperfection.com/

Lots of gear he is now selling if anyone is interested.

Skipjack

Re: Famulus's DIY Polywell project ending

Post by Skipjack »

Sucks :(

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Anyone have a place large enough to hold all that equipment? I am willing to pitch in a large part of the cost of his materiale if someone has the place and interest to set it up and get it running.

PM me.

rcain

Post by rcain »

Sad, sad news indeed. But congratulations to Mark for helping to bring fusion & Polywell into the public eye & imagination. Perhaps he should consider applying for research position in the field - is LLP hiring, or Uni Sydney perhaps? - would be a shame to lose his talents, experience & enthusuasm. All very best for the future Mark.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

KitemanSA wrote:Anyone have a place large enough to hold all that equipment? I am willing to pitch in a large part of the cost of his materiale if someone has the place and interest to set it up and get it running.

PM me.
How about that High School initiative you were thinking about. Maybe Tom would be willing to go in on it.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I just made Famulus an offer on two pieces of equipment and some materials. I wish I had the $$$ for the whole lot.

How much space did he have? My new garage/lab is built, and I have just under 1000 sq ft of lab space on the upper floor. Not a lot of power ... slightly more than we had at the Connor Business Park location (where PXL-1 and WB-3 ran on a 50A range outlet). There are always batteries ... that's how we ran those experiments.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Tom,
Let's talk. Just got a large dollop of inheritance so might help with the bucks.
PM me.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:I just made Famulus an offer on two pieces of equipment and some materials. I wish I had the $$$ for the whole lot.

How much space did he have? My new garage/lab is built, and I have just under 1000 sq ft of lab space on the upper floor. Not a lot of power ... slightly more than we had at the Connor Business Park location (where PXL-1 and WB-3 ran on a 50A range outlet). There are always batteries ... that's how we ran those experiments.

It occurs to me that the most important piece of equipment anyone would need for conducting polywell research would be a large vacuum chamber. I didn't see such a thing listed among his equipment. Do you have one? If not are you planning to get one?

I guess the actual salient question is this; Are you thinking of doing Polywell experiments, or just wanting the equipment for other types of experiments?
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

where are you guys located? if you guys have the environment to house a polywell, perhaps we can do collaborations? this is obviously down the line, but with some help, we can build a square platform polywell to test the effects of geometries on performance.

I'm still really struggling. There's zero money around, thanks Congress.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Both Tom and I are in the Mid-Atlantic region, he in WV and me in Nrthern VA. At one time I had suggested that we get the Thomas Jefferson Highschool for Science and Technology involved. They are in NoVA too.