Sorlox - FRC nautilus compressor

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sorlox - FRC nautilus compressor

Postby Skipjack » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:09 pm

crowberry
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby crowberry » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 pm

I like that they are able to use Deuterium as a fuel, instead of Deuterium and Tritium. That makes the device a lot more attractive. It is not as attractive as PB11, but probably the next best thing. At least they don't have to worry about breeding tritium. They might get that as a side effect, though with a few D+T side reactions also happening, which will increase the neutron radiation created by the device. Since it is pulsed, the D+T side reactions might not be so bad however, if they remove the T after every shot. Still, they will have to handle that and I do have to wonder about the lifetime of the device because of that. On the other hand it seems pretty cheap and compact in nature. So replacing it every so often could be possible.
Is there anyone here who can poke holes into their concept? I am still a bit skeptical, overall, but more optimistic than I was when I first saw it.

crowberry

Postby crowberry » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:13 am

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:24 pm

JoeP

Postby JoeP » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:41 pm

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Look, induction motors work that way and resistance heating from induced current is a major issue. I'll believe they can get practical fusion when they get net fusion without compressor meltdown. Just saying.
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:55 pm

plasma torus?
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

crowberry

Postby crowberry » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:16 am

Here is a page that details the DARPA funding that Sorlox has obtained. . This is rather similar to the Polywell reports ...
Last edited by crowberry on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:32 pm

What fileformat is that?
Edit, better go here. This link works for me:
http://government-contracts.findthebest.com/l/2537536/

crowberry

Postby crowberry » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:43 am

crowberry

Postby crowberry » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Sorlox has a web page in South Korea too: .
The layout of the website is different from the US website. Almost all text is in Korean, with only a few words in English, so it is impossible to understand without understanding Korean. Google translate is not very helpful on that site. Still it is interesting to see that Sorlox has some activities also in South Korea.

Return to “News”