Small Tri Alpha news blurp

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5

Re: Small Tri Alpha news blurp

Post by mvanwink5 »

Nice to see presentations of the big dark horse projects (LM is only included because of the name, not sure of the project itself ).

I don't see Helion in the lineup. Whats up?
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

crowberry

Post by crowberry »

mvanwink5 wrote:Nice to see presentations of the big dark horse projects (LM is only included because of the name, not sure of the project itself ).

I don't see Helion in the lineup. Whats up?
Maybe Helion Energy really wants to be a dark horse? :)
On a more serious note I agree that they have been rather quiet about their doings lately. Maybe they don't need publicity for the moment, because they have funding.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

But TriAlpha and GF also have funding. I suspect that TriAlpha and GF are building the case for the big step in funding. Helion must not be that close or else they would be doing the same thing. Just my read on it, what do I know... LM IMO did not say much new and is keeping visible in hopes of partnering with someone with risk sharing money.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

mvanwink5 wrote: I don't see Helion in the lineup. Whats up?
They have sufficient funding and are busy building and testing their new reactor(s). They have decided to be quiet until they have all the results they need to move on to the next development step.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

As I thought, way to early and no results for Helion to start the PR for raising the big money like GF and Tri Alpha.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

mvanwink5 wrote:As I thought, way to early and no results for Helion to start the PR for raising the big money like GF and Tri Alpha.
TAE is not in fund raising mode right now. They are actually in building mode as well.
I am not going to argue about where Helion is in their development. They want to keep things under wraps and I respect that.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Of course they are in the process. New website, social media, twitter, papers, getting their name out there. You don't think the money they will need will be raised quickly or easily? If you listen to what they are saying, they are now confident in their future experiments success and optimistic on the speed of it, so there is no time to lose building their case. Sure they don't come right out and say it, it would not be seen as being responsible, nevertheless the words are there to be seen. Even more significant is the case they are building that they are worthy of trust business wise, and world class plasma physicists that plan and achieve breakthrough results and now results have come more quickly as a result of what they have learned. Trustworthy, able to manage the risk... It is a big sales job to clinch.

GF is doing the same thing. Helion is not. Just my interpretation of what I see.

EMC2 got shafted by the Navy. Blocked from building a reputation by publishing then dumped even though results said finish the project to the point that investors would come in. Very wrong. Stupid in fact.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

mvanwink5 wrote:Of course they are in the process. New website, social media, twitter, papers, getting their name out there. You don't think the money they will need will be raised quickly or easily? If you listen to what they are saying, they are now confident in their future experiments success and optimistic on the speed of it, so there is no time to lose building their case. Sure they don't come right out and say it, it would not be seen as being responsible, nevertheless the words are there to be seen. Even more significant is the case they are building that they are worthy of trust business wise, and world class plasma physicists that plan and achieve breakthrough results and now results have come more quickly as a result of what they have learned. Trustworthy, able to manage the risk... It is a big sales job to clinch.

GF is doing the same thing. Helion is not. Just my interpretation of what I see.

EMC2 got shafted by the Navy. Blocked from building a reputation by publishing then dumped even though results said finish the project to the point that investors would come in. Very wrong. Stupid in fact.
Of course that is one possible interpretation of the situation :)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

A ton of new papers and posters have been posted on the Tri Alpha website:
http://trialphaenergy.com/research-library/

Munchausen

Post by Munchausen »

Article i Nature published online yesterday:

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms13860

Someone willing to explain?

Munchausen

Post by Munchausen »

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

charliem

Post by charliem »

It looks it is not new, just a re-edition.

Pity.
"The problem is not what we don't know, but what we do know [that] isn't so" (Mark Twain)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

New Tri Alpha video gives a small (very small) glimpse of the current status of their latest build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H36WR_RHifs

Maui

Post by Maui »

Someone isn't too optimistic about Tri Alpha:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Emplo ... 365224.htm