LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

" IH is not contented with the calorimetry ???
The calorimetry has been made by a nuclear engineer who got the doctorate when he was 24 years old with 110/110 summa cum laude, at the State University of Bologna, then worked in a nuclear plant, then worked as certificator- validator of plants , collaborating with Bureau Veritas, CGS etc. He has been chosen in agreement between IH and Leonardo. Has been paid fifty-fifty by IH and Leonardo.
The calorimetry has been made along the protocol that has been agreed upon by contract with IH.

The same calorimetry has been used from February 2015 : IH received every 3 months the reports of the calorimetry by means of which Darden disseminated interviews and collected 150 millions. Never complained the calorimetry after the first 3 trimestral reports. They discovered that the calorimety was not good only with the 4th report, when it was time to pay...."

http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2016/05 ... rt-of.html

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

R E P O R T OF THE COMMITTEE ON ARMED SERVICES
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ON H.R. 4909

Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) Briefing
The committee is aware of recent positive developments in devel-
oping low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR), which produce ultra-
clean, low-cost renewable energy that have strong national security
implications. For example, according to the Defense Intelligence
Agency (DIA), if LENR works it will be a ‘‘disruptive technology
that could revolutionize energy production and storage.’’ The com-
mittee is also aware of the Defense Advanced Research Project
Agency’s (DARPA) findings that other countries including China
and India are moving forward with LENR programs of their own
and that Japan has actually created its own investment fund to
promote such technology. DIA has also assessed that Japan and
Italy are leaders in the field and that Russia, China, Israel, and
India are now devoting significant resources to LENR development.
To better understand the national security implications of these de-
velopments, the committee directs the Secretary of Defense to pro-
vide a briefing on the military utility of recent U.S. industrial base
LENR advancements to the House Committee on Armed Services
by September 22, 2016. This briefing should examine the current
state of research in the United States, how that compares to work
being done internationally, and an assessment of the type of mili-
tary applications where this technology could potentially be useful.

ladajo
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

parellel wrote:I prefer to wait for definite proof instead of jumping to conclusions.
Bullshit. Your entire MO here has been about jumping to conclusions. Look in the mirror dude, figure out who you really are.
It is refreshing to see you finally backpedalling on your certainty though. Maybe there is hope for you as Rossiworld collapses in front of you.

The latest fun you will have to digest will be when the Lugano Upsalla Team recants their findings, and admits they screwed the pooch. This should come out very soon. Have fun with that.

Oh, as for facts, I have posted many. You just choose to ignore them as they challenge your imaginary reality. LIke Hank Mills jumping off the Rossi (and some others) LENR Wagon. Scratch one cheerleader who no longer likes the taste of the Kool-aid.

Here's a reminder of your continuing silliness (with yet another added).
parallel wrote:Meanwhile, we all wait for Parallel to dig himself out of the three 'He can't prove it" holes he has dug:
parallel. Is that the royal "we" or do you speak for all the trolls?

1.) Rossi has a Doctorate
parallel. In Italy, people with that degree are called doctor.

2.) The ERV report validates Ecat
parallel. The leaked information says so. Proof will have to wait until the report is released.

3.) The court claim is evidence, and it proves the ERV Report validates Ecat
parallel. The court case is evidence. Whether it holds up remains to be seen.
1.) Nope, they are not. Have you ever even been to Italy? I lived there, and am fluent in Italian, and worked inside an Italian construct for a couple of years. Giorgio, a career Italian engineer, has also told you that it is incorrect. Rossiclown has a Master's lite (5 yr) and nothing more. In addition it is in philosophy, and has no bearing on engineering or hard science. His only claim to an "engineering degree" was the diploma mill chemistry degree he bought, which was shortly thereafter nullified with a loss of accreditation from a fraud conviction for the issuing institution which ceased to exist as a result.

2.) So now you are saying you have no proof that the ERV report validates Ecat. A small step forward to reality for you, well done. And by the way, your silly attempt to justify your position with "leaked information says so" is meaningless given that "leaked information" also says not.

3.) The court case is evidence of what? Again, you backtrack with "remains to be seen". There is hope for you yet!

Well folks! You've seen it here first!!! Parallel the Kool-Aid drinker is indicating finally that maybe the Kool-aid doesn't taste so good!
This is an amazing breakthrough for him and we should all applaud!!!
We will add to this list two items:
parallel wrote:" IH is not contented with the calorimetry ???
The calorimetry has been made by a nuclear engineer who got the doctorate when he was 24 years old with 110/110 summa cum laude, at the State University of Bologna, then worked in a nuclear plant, then worked as certificator- validator of plants , collaborating with Bureau Veritas, CGS etc. He has been chosen in agreement between IH and Leonardo. Has been paid fifty-fifty by IH and Leonardo.
The calorimetry has been made along the protocol that has been agreed upon by contract with IH.

The same calorimetry has been used from February 2015 : IH received every 3 months the reports of the calorimetry by means of which Darden disseminated interviews and collected 150 millions. Never complained the calorimetry after the first 3 trimestral reports. They discovered that the calorimety was not good only with the 4th report, when it was time to pay...."
4.) Penon has a Doctorate and is a certified calorimetric boiler testor (What you seem to be claiming in your appeal to authority credential list)
- Penon HAS NO DOCTORAL DEGREE. He is another 5 yr program guy with essentially a Master's lite, just like Rossiclown. Will you ever understand this distinction in the Italian system?

5.) Darden collected $150 million using calorimetry reports from the incomplete 1MW 1yr test.
- This is purely hearsay from Peter Gluck, a known logical emotional nightmare who routinely misrepresents and makes up pseudo facts from suspect knowledge. Do you have a real source?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

To further the point on Penon, since Parallel is completely incapable of finding real information for himself:
Legend
L: First cycle degree/Bachelor. Qualification required: High School Diploma, duration 3 years.

LM: Second cycle degree/Two year Master. Qualification required: First cycle degree, duration 2 years.

LMCU: Single cycle degree/Combined Bachelor and Master. Qualification required: High School Diploma, duration 5/6 years.
http://www.unibo.it/en/teaching/degree-programmes

PhD programs are considered a "Third Cycle" degree.

Do you see now Parallel?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

I will address Penon's lack of experience in boiler testing and calorimetric certification later. That will be just as easy.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

Mats Lewan has met with Rossi in Sweden and has reported a number of new facts.

• Three interim reports, about every three months, with basically the same results as in the final report, were provided by the ERV during the test.
• During summer 2015, IH offered Rossi to back out from the test and cancel it, with a significant sum of money as compensation. Rossi’s counter offer was to give back the already paid 11.5M and cancel the license agreement, but IH didn’t accept.

I should also add that I have been in contact with people with insight into the MW report, that hopefully will get public this summer as part of the lawsuit, and they told me that based on the contents, the only way for IH to claim a COP about 1 (that no heat was produced) would be to accuse Penon of having produced a fake report in collaboration with Rossi. Nothing in the report itself seems to give any opportunity for large mistakes, invalidating the claim of a high COP (as opposed to claims by people having talked about the report with persons connected to IH).

Mats goes on to say. “Now, all this makes me conclude that the E-Cat is most probably valid and that the 1MW test was indeed successful.”
Read Mats full report here.
https://animpossibleinvention.com/2016/ ... e-updates/

ScottL
Posts: 1122
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:Mats Lewan has met with Rossi in Sweden and has reported a number of new facts.

• Three interim reports, about every three months, with basically the same results as in the final report, were provided by the ERV during the test.
• During summer 2015, IH offered Rossi to back out from the test and cancel it, with a significant sum of money as compensation. Rossi’s counter offer was to give back the already paid 11.5M and cancel the license agreement, but IH didn’t accept.
Mats repeating Rossisaids. We have no reason to believe this at all.
parallel wrote: I should also add that I have been in contact with people with insight into the MW report, that hopefully will get public this summer as part of the lawsuit, and they told me that based on the contents, the only way for IH to claim a COP about 1 (that no heat was produced) would be to accuse Penon of having produced a fake report in collaboration with Rossi. Nothing in the report itself seems to give any opportunity for large mistakes, invalidating the claim of a high COP (as opposed to claims by people having talked about the report with persons connected to IH).
Sources? Also, I think that is exactly what IH is saying. That Penon produced a a fake report in collaboration with Rossi, or he's incompetent. Either or fits for IH's position.
parallel wrote: Mats goes on to say. “Now, all this makes me conclude that the E-Cat is most probably valid and that the 1MW test was indeed successful.”
Read Mats full report here.
https://animpossibleinvention.com/2016/ ... e-updates/
Mats will drink the koolaid until the end. It doesn't matter anyways now, the building the test was supposedly run in is known and it does not have the facilities for such a test. More lies.

ladajo
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

These days the primary argument from Rossibots is that if Ecat 1MW was a fraud, IH would not have run the test.

Why can't they see there is a strong possibility that IH was merely giving Rossiclown the rope to definitively hang himself for once and all.
Simple enough to follow:
1.) IH thinks Rossiclown may have something.
2.) Rossiclown is able to gain a buy in;
a.) $1.5 million to purchase 'the 1MW unit' (Rossiclown said this many times - you want to test one, you buy one)
b.) Rossiclown negotiates - if the 'test' is good, you can buy the IP for $10 million more. And once we run another validation long term test (that I will design), you will pay me another $89 million for full rights, and I take a cool $100 million)
i.) Rossiclown manages test to present a plausible picture that the 'test' is good. (How many folks here remember the "engineer" signed document at the Bologna "test"?) IH says, ok, $10 million is worth chasing this a little more, on our terms. He really may have something here.
ii.) IH buys the IP from Rossiclown, and Rossiclown presents his terms and design for the follow full up test.
iii.) IH thinks, "wait a minute, maybe this is not as good as we thought". And pushes back on the Rossiclown 1YR Test Proposal seeking to get one better controlled and designed.
iv.) Rossiclown gets mad, and says, "screw-you, I will arrange this test in Miami on my terms. If you want it, you have to do it my way".
v.) IH now has serious doubts about Rossiclown. They begin to think about how to disengage, or even how to get the $11 million back, as they do some research and realize the Rossiclown has been full of shit all along.
c.) IH agrees to Rossiclown's Miami test. IH's agenda is to have just enough access and control to allow them to document Rossiclown's fraud.
d.) Rossiclown thinks he has it in the bag, and runs his "1YR Test". IH allows this, and simultaneously makes sure they are independently documenting the test, knowing it will be a fail that Rossiclown will seek to show as a success.
e.) Upon test completion, IH confronts Rossiclown on "Inspection Day", and shows him they know he is full of shit. They then offer to let him walk if he pays back the $11 million, or some major component of it.
f.) Rossiclown suspected things were not all rosy in IH world, and started developing an exit plan a few months before test completion.
g.) Rossiclown did not see or comprehend the magnitude and level of effort by IH to let Rossiclown hang himself. He was thus unprepared to return any of the $11 million in substance, given he has bought Miami real-estate using shell companies in an attempt to shield the money from direct seizure (and probably taxes given his history).
h.) Rossiclown's hand is forced on "Inspection Day", and he then decides to fast cycle a lawsuit in hopes that IH will settle.
i.) IH had decided long ago that it will not settle if Rossiclown did not agree to the terms of the 'divorce", and decides to follow a contingency plan which seeks to burn Rossiclown down for his fraud, and get all their money back.
j.) IH is finishing preparation of a detailed account of Rossiclown's Ecat Fraud, and will present this to the court, along with a counter-suit claiming fraud and seeking full damages plus legal fees. They will also bring Rossiclown's actions to the attention of regulatory authorities to include the Securities Exchange Commission, IRS, State and National regulatory agencies for Boilers and Radiation management, and potentially INS regarding Rossiclown's Visa Status and initial acquisition given his felony background from Italy. In addition, they will bring to attention all these matters to authorities in nations where Rossiclown has supported the sale of "licences" and other engagements.

I really think that Rossiclown is going to have a very bad year, and it is going to start by 12 June, 2016.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

As usual the trolls have nothing to back their opinions and ignore those who do.
A real scientist says this....

The opinion of VLADIMIR VYSOTSKII about ANDREA ROSSI

I take this opportunity to express my opinion regarding the "bullying" of A. Rossi that happens now in a targeted mode in the press and on the social Web forums.
I do not agree with such critics, on the contrary I consider that Rossi has done much for the LENR community (possibly not less than F&P) His main merit is that he has demonstrated that LENR can be a very effective source of great power and that this is attained with simple methods.
He took the brunt from the oil-gas monopolies and gave a very great impulse, boost to LENR. Going far back in time, he can be compared with the ancient hero Prometheus.
In my lectures to students I say jokingly that even if now Rossi has no high COP and he has deceived us all this will not have any effect on the research of this process worldwide. "The genie is out of his bottle" and will live his life, independently of Rossi. The process got a very great momentum and has involved many highly qualified scientists and this wouldn't happen without Rossi. Yes, it is possible he is not a very pleasant character according to his colleagues) but this has nothing to do with this issue. We must be grateful to him not criticizing him at every corner. Beyond any doubt he will enter history.
Further everybody can demonstrate his/her skills and understanding of the problem.
In this race will win who better understands the effect's that take place. The stubborn repetition of experiments with burned tubes is not the best method of research.
But people do not want to think. A solution is quite simple, and I hope to show it, if we can go to perform the experiments.

http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2016/05 ... rossi.html

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

ladajoLiar
(He will be known as this after calling Rossi Rossiclown so many times in his comment above, and it has already been shown he lies.)
Have you had your diaper changed today? It is starting to smell worse than usual.

ladajo
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

Thanks Parallel for once again showing you have nothing in your argument but childish name calling.
In case you didn't know, this is called "Ad Hominem", and occurs when a person can not muster an argument against what is presented, and thus seeks to attack the presenter instead.

What you are really saying is; "Ladajo, I have nothing to counter what you say, so I will instead call you names".
At this point, I don't think you can look more silly. You have reached the point of pathetic.

Regarding your Russian's comments; I do agree that Rossiclown has had the effect of bringing LENR to the light, so to speak. However, that quickly transitioned to create ridicule, which unfortunately has spilled over to LENR in general. This is a shame. Once Rossiworld implodes, I fear the blackhole will also swallow a large measure of any remaining respect the LENR field has left, and thus set any real research support back significantly for some time.

I wonder what your name will be once Rossiclown is (once again) proven as a scammer and fraud? Or will you even be man enough to come back around and face the music? Somehow, I don't think you will. Meh. Your choice.

I think that IH chose a path to allow Rossiclown to conclusively demonstrate he is a fraud, so that they could have him held accountable.

In case you forgot, here is the list of your unfounded claims that you have yet to prove (I have added your most recent as a courtesy):

1.) Rossi has a Doctorate

2.) The ERV report validates Ecat

3.) The court claim is evidence, and it proves the ERV Report validates Ecat

4.) Penon has a Doctorate and is a certified calorimetric boiler testor (What you seem to be claiming in your appeal to authority credential list)

5.) Darden collected $150 million using calorimetry reports from the incomplete 1MW 1yr test.

6.) IH accepted 3 x quarterly reports as factual, accurate, and proof of ongoing 1MW plant testing success and they were happy with it.

7.) During summer of 2015, IH expressed doubts about Rossi and offered to buy him out during the 1MW Test cycle. (Please note this is a complete logical opposite to the above claim).

8.) During summer of 2015, Rossi offered to buy out IH because of their doubt, by giving back the $11 million during the 1MW 1 Year Test and IH refused. (Please note that this is another complete logical flip-flop in regard to preceding statements).

9.) The ERV Report is accurate and conclusive (because Mats Lewan said he heard it was).

10.) The ERV, Penon, is neither a fraud, nor idiot, because the ERV Report conclusively proves that the 1MW 1 Year Test was a success (Because Mats Lewan said he heard that).
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

JoeP
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:10 am

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by JoeP »

https://animpossibleinvention.com/2016/ ... e-updates/
Lewan met with Rossi. Lots of discussion points, but I thought these few were kind of interesting. I'll quote and comment.
During summer 2015, IH offered Rossi to back out from the test and cancel it, with a significant sum of money as compensation. Rossi’s counter offer was to give back the already paid 11.5M and cancel the license agreement, but IH didn’t accept.
If true, that is some good gamesmanship from Rossi! Will help with convincing a jury that IH is trying to steal his tech instead of pay.
IH never had access to the customer’s area. At the end of the test, an expert hired by IH, insisted that it was important to know where the water came from and where it was used. The ERV explained that this had no importance.
If this Rossisaid is true, then this is curious. I'm trying to imagine how having this part of a closed loop off limits from inspection could help with fraud. While it seems suspicious as to why one would not show how the heat is being used, I am not sure how trickery could be used to get bad measurements, assuming input and output flow rates, temp, and pressure could be measured going into and out of the ECat device. Unless you have both inner and outer pipes and some gas operated boiler on the customer side that is basically used to sneak super heated water in on the cold side (high pressure, insulated hot internal stealth pipe), which crosses over internally inside the Ecat somewhere, and then goes out on the hot side in the outer, lower pressure sheath with a small heat boost from Ecat electric resistance heaters. Would IH have been able to cut the pipes at some point? It would seem an obvious check, so I think it would have been really dumb of them to not look for things like this. If this is how it was done, and they fell for it, then Rossi deserves a fat check.
Now, all this makes me conclude that the E-Cat is most probably valid and that the 1MW test was indeed successful. What remains to be explained is why IH in that case didn’t pay Rossi the final $89M and continued to partner with him to develop and market such a disruptive, world changing technology.
I guess it didn't take much for Mats to jump back in with both feet! Ugh.
I would like to apologise if I have hinted at Thomas Clarke’s having an agenda with his impressive number of comments. I want to assume that Clarke is perfectly honest in the significant work he has laid down on analysing the Lugano report and on commenting what, according to him, is probable or not. But I would also like to note that producing for some periods up to 34 posts per day hints at a position which I’m not sure if it should be called balanced. This, combined with obvious spin from a few people, apparently having an agenda in criticising some individuals, adds to my decision to keep the comments closed.
Any comments, Tom? I think you did your best to try to help Mats gain a more critical POV here. I take your passion with this as something which grew vigorous after your excellent paper. Sort of a short-term intense hobby, trying to debunk some of all that has been going on.

tomclarke
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by tomclarke »

I would like to apologise if I have hinted at Thomas Clarke’s having an agenda with his impressive number of comments. I want to assume that Clarke is perfectly honest in the significant work he has laid down on analysing the Lugano report and on commenting what, according to him, is probable or not. But I would also like to note that producing for some periods up to 34 posts per day hints at a position which I’m not sure if it should be called balanced. This, combined with obvious spin from a few people, apparently having an agenda in criticising some individuals, adds to my decision to keep the comments closed.
Joe,

I had some time on my hands when the dramatic IH/Rossi statements came out and with others in Mats site we reviewed all the old test data (some of which I had not considered before). It was interesting, and damning to Rossi. I have now stopped commenting on this stuff because Mats and Sifferkoll are posting unpleasant things about me (that above quote, from my POV, is unpleasant). The Pro-Rossi crowd quite often ask why somone who did not believe in his stuff would spent so much time arguing against it unless they had some ulterior motive! Talk about logical fallacy!

There is something about the worst of the LENR optimists that annoys the hell out of me, and Rossi in particular has this very strong scientific evidence that his stuff does not work. (as well as all the non-science obviousness).

I don't mind people dismissing the non-science evidence. I get riled when the science evidence is misread, or downplayed, or just ignored. Mats seems very reasonable but give him cast-iron evidence that a Rossi device does not work and he will do one of:

(a) ignore it
(b) talk to rossi, get some sound-bites, say that he is not sure
(c) say he does not believe the calculations because the author (me) is maybe biassed.

In spite of large numbers of other people validating these calculations and Levi's recent reply making a mistake that shows he has no understanding of the issue.

There was then the destruction of mats "best evidence" test. All the observations have a mundane solution. Mats puts an assumptive and wrong additional analysis on his blog now and has closed comments so this cannot be challenged.

Even without the very clear science evidence the "Rossi has nothing and he is a fraud or at least deluded" evidence (as marshalled by ladajo) gets stronger with every year that passes. We then have IH who were credulous enough to give Rossi money and 100% believers in LENR saying he is a fraud (they don't quite say that yet, but pretty near and I expect it will come to that at the correct legal time). The Rossi-believers say IH must be doing this because Rossi's stuff works too well. It is a totally absurd argument only possible from people whose brains are in this area seriously dysfunctional.

The non-science arguments here are compelling, but because they involve meta-evidence the contrary arguments cannot precisely be disproved.

Well, it will be fascinating to hear what IH say in response to Rossi.
During summer 2015, IH offered Rossi to back out from the test and cancel it, with a significant sum of money as compensation. Rossi’s counter offer was to give back the already paid 11.5M and cancel the license agreement, but IH didn’t accept.
I'd expect the first part. IH at that time would be pretty sure that Rossi's stuff did not work. At least they would need one of his reactors to work just a little bit in their labs, to have any confidence. Rossi refused to help them saying he was too busy with the 1 year test. If the test continued we would have what has happened, incredibly embarrassing PR for IH whose future comes from good relations with the LENR people and convincing others that LENR works. The second part is Rossi spin denied (informally) by IH.
IH never had access to the customer’s area. At the end of the test, an expert hired by IH, insisted that it was important to know where the water came from and where it was used. The ERV explained that this had no importance.
There are many such things coming from IH. It is pretty clear:
The customer is illusory or nearly so - and under Rossi's complete control
IH were prevented from any proper technical evaluation during the test

But there is too much uncertainty - so many different ways it could be spoofed - too little info.

Just one point.

The license agreement specifies water flow calorimetry. But the (from Rossi) plant info (36m^3/day flow) works delivering 1MW only if the water output is almost dry steam. Now, output of dry steam which releases heat on condensation is entirely sensible in such a plant. But it makes safe calorimetry very difficult. And of course this is specifically not water flow calorimetry, since we have to measure precisely how dry is the steam.

Rossi says he asked for the energy heating the water up from return temperature to 100C to be discounted. That sounds good, but it is actually bad:
(1) Rossi is relying on the vaporisation enthalpy, which then depend son steam dryness. We have no info about how that is measured.
(2) The one part of this that is secure (heating up the water) need not be measured. Rossi claims the return temperature is "typically" 60C. But we have no information now what it is in Rossi's spoofed setup. His generosity here removed important test information.
(3) In any case the license agreement, specifying water flow calorimetry, would I think be broken by some less safe form that depended on pressure and temperature, and the assumption that the output has no lower temperature liquid phase water travelling with the steam.

ladajo
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

In my opinion, Rossiclown has demonstrated with the utmost clarity on several occasions that he has no idea what steam quality and enthalpy really mean, and how to manage or measure.
Has anyone else noticed how he uses his blog to fish for facts and data that he then uses to adjust his story? The guy is a master at telling people what they want to hear.
This, IMO, is the only reason he has survived the massive screwup regarding Krivit and steam so far.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Giorgio
Posts: 2784
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:15 pm
Location: China, Italy

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by Giorgio »

what really amazes me is that also so many of the involved "scientists" are clueless about such basic notions as enthalpy and steam quality.
It makes you wonder what they actually studied during their college years....
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Post Reply