LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

LENR Is Real

Post by MSimon »

http://chiefio.wordpress.com/2014/06/04 ... f-answers/

Go down thread for lots of links. I gave my usual "it is bunk" statement up thread. I have changed my mind.
Looks like the Navy has a patent on a LENR nuclear waste burner that just happens to make excess energy when used in an existing spent fuel pile…
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pars ... PN/8419919
Patented in 2007, but kept out of the news for a while…
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

parallel

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by parallel »

MSimon,
Go down thread for lots of links. I gave my usual "it is bunk" statement up thread. I have changed my mind.
I think we have a bet on this. I will have to look it up.

I haven't posted on talk-polywell for a while because the thread on LENR became saturated by rubbish from the trolls, but the evidence for LENR has been beyond reasonable doubt for some time. See http://www.lenrproof.com
I expect Elforsk's report on their six month continuous test of the E-Cat HT will provide irrefutable proof of LENR even is the COP is lower than one would like. Not long to wait now.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Interestingly this patent was already filed in 2007...

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

This is one I found interesting from Mitsubishi. Patent granted this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZl9l8nn1c BEWARE it's an hour long.

Here is the one we are preparing to replicate... just trying to design the cell so it doesn't generate droplets of uranium solution and destroy the focus of the beam/ get in my lungs. It's an experience to stand near nano second laser with 40 trillion suns of pulse power.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.310 ... 8X13010068

In other news Defkalion is a fraud:

http://matslew.wordpress.com/2014/05/12 ... -reliable/

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

parallel wrote:MSimon,
I think we have a bet on this. I will have to look it up.

I haven't posted on talk-polywell for a while because the thread on LENR became saturated by rubbish from the trolls, but the evidence for LENR has been beyond reasonable doubt for some time. See http://www.lenrproof.com
I expect Elforsk's report on their six month continuous test of the E-Cat HT will provide irrefutable proof of LENR even is the COP is lower than one would like. Not long to wait now.
I could be wrong, but IIRC the discussion, you had some kind of bet on Rossi. Or you wanted to makes bets on ECat viability with people. Rossi's work and LENR aren't necessarily the same. I'm sure it is in one of those gargantuan threads somewhere.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Crawdaddy wrote:
In other news Defkalion is a fraud:

http://matslew.wordpress.com/2014/05/12 ... -reliable/
“To obtain this effect it’s necessary to operate two valves in a certain way, so you need to have the intention to do it,” Gamberale told me.
Hah! That made me smile. From Mats Lewans no less, who is making a buck (or at least trying) with his Rossiworld book.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel

Post by parallel »

M.Simon.
I've found your reply but not the what the bet was on yet. I think it was Rossi, but if the E-Cat HT is proven out, so is LENR. Not long to wait for the Elforsk report.

MSimon PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:20 pm Post subject: (p90)
parallel wrote:
MSimon,

You're on.
How much?

Since I am impecunious (I live well below the USA poverty line - how that came about is a long story and one I'd rather not relate) the best I can offer is to trumpet your superior understanding in all the places I regularly blog.

All I'd care to gain is the satisfaction of being correct.

In my 4 years of blogging here I have only had to do that once (the infamous tube collecting electrons thought experiment).

ps. ladajo, that's old news. Please keep the repetitive spam off this new thread.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

I thought that muon-catalyzed fusion was pretty much a done deal. The problem is that there are many practical issues that prevent making it an energy source.

Based on the various claims and history from Rossi (Defkalion and lately, BLP), I don't think they have anything that will satisfy any through transparent testing protocol.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

You still have that other view that people seem to gloss over. LENR is real but not a viable source of energy.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Asterix,
Few think LENR is muon-catalyzed fusion. So you don't think Rossi has anything. An opinion that has been repeated endlessly by the trolls on the other thread. It would be nice to keep this thread clean.
Most would believe Elforsk over the opinion of an anonymous blogger.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

No need to be troll to have no trust in Rossi. The ends do no justify the means, and Rossi has taken to.. to put it politely - disrespect the scientific method, to reach his own very selfish ends.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Betruger,
No need to be troll to have no trust in Rossi.
True, but the trolls keep repeating it hundreds of times. Needless to add, without proof. See www.lenrproof.com for real references not just opinion.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

True, but the trolls keep repeating it hundreds of times. Needless to add, without proof. See www.lenrproof.com for real references not just opinion.
Hi Parallel! :D

I see you still can't separate Rossiworld from LENR. Too bad.

I really like this part of what you said!
trolls keep repeating it hundreds of times. Needless to add, without proof.
You are so close to coming to terms with how your obession impacts your ability to function.
Just one more little step...

Have you noticed that you tried to make that bet back in 2011, and over three years later Rossi is still vaporware?
I am guessing not.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

parallel

Post by parallel »

It seems the trolls have moved onto this thread. Pity. MSimon could you be persuaded to moderate this thread, so that it would be worth staying?

So I will leave a couple of forecasts before I go.
1. The Elforsk report will confirm not only the E-Cat works, (even if the COP is below 6) but also LENR is real.
2. The infamous 1MW plant will be seen to be in operation before the end of 2014

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

parallel

Post subject:
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:32 pm

MSimon,
Fair enough.

I think that if one of the two devices BLP & E-Cat is shown to work, the other will work too. Further, they will both generate excess energy by the same (possibly new) nuclear reaction.

Just to remind you, your bet was essentially two parts, this one and...