LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

Yep, court ordered as part of discovery. I do not know if it includes server details, etc. Personnas absolutely.
We probably will not see that until trial.
Rossiclown has been floundering of late, making obvious straw grabs in his filings fishing for dirt. The last really funny one was a Sanctions Request accusing IH of Witness Tampering. I almost fell out of my chair laughing. It included the "I am a Nobel Prize Potential Candidate" argument. Truly funny (and sad).
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

And FYI
According to the Statutes of the Nobel Foundation, information about the nominations is not to be disclosed, publicly or privately, for a period of fifty years. The restriction not only concerns the nominees and nominators, but also investigations and opinions in the awarding of a prize. :D

From the statutes of the Nobel Foundation:
Proposals received for the award of a prize, and investigations and opinions concerning the award of a prize, may not be divulged. A prize-awarding body may, however, after due consideration in each individual case, permit access to material which formed the basis for the evaluation and decision concerning a prize, for purposes of research in intellectual history. Such permission may not, however, be granted until at least 50 years have elapsed after the date on which the decision in question was made.
No person can nominate herself/himself. Qualifications to nominate candidates vary somewhat among the Nobel Prize awarding institutions
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

It looks like Nissan may have replicated Rossi and Parkhomov
http://www.e-catworld.com/2017/03/15/ni ... n-meeting/

Such positive news will provide plenty of opportunities for the trolls here to write pages of strawmen.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:It looks like Nissan may have replicated Rossi and Parkhomov

Such positive news will provide plenty of opportunities for the trolls here to write pages of strawmen.
The only person here that deals in straw man arguments is you Parallel. So because Nissan is doing Metal/Hydrogen research that somehow vindicates Rossi? Are you for real?! Do you even understand the abstract linked in the article? Your posts are comedy gold similar to that guy that didn't realize the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing. Dear lord this can only get better. Parallel, you're the only strawman we need hahaha.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

parallel wrote:It looks like Nissan may have replicated Rossi and Parkhomov

Not worth commenting on Parallel. "ペテン師"
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I scanned the paper and it looks to me like nothing was "Replicated"

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

So, it looks like tomorrow is going to be an interesting submission day for the court case. Both (all three) parties, Plaintiff, Defendants, and Third Party Defendants all get to submit Motions for Summary Judgement. It is looking like an OK Corral legal shoot-out. They had asked to seal, however this was denied. Good chance we will see some new stuff. Should be entertaining. I am willing to predict that Rossiclown and Third Parties submit Comedy Routines (again), while IH submits something brutal. I put odds right now, based on previous filings and decisions, that the best outcome Rossiclown and Co. can hope for is to go on to trial. It is likely not, as they could well be crushed in Summary, given what they have tabled that we have seen so far (ie. not much of nuthin').
Pulse checking the Rossiclown Sockpuppet Extravaganza has him bleating about his hard work and health again. That and "amazing science quotes" coupled with international recognition and support of his greatness. I take this to really be saying, "I, the Rossiclown, am worried and stressed, thus I seek solace and messaging via my imaginary friends..."
<disgust rant begins> I will cheer when this circus goes to criminal court in the aftermath and Rossiclown goes back to prison. Taking away his real-estate empire is not enough. He needs to be really punished for the years of horseshit, deception, and fraud. His actions are commensurate with "I stole Tom Brady's shirt" guy. He and Rossiclown would have a great time sharing a cell swapping stories on how they rolled over the weak and mindless with audacity and took their stuff and money. <disgust rant concluded>

parallel

Post by parallel »

Nucleon polarizability and long range strong force from σI =2 meson exchange potential
By Carl-Oscar Gullström, Andrea Rossi
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.05249.pdf

"We present a theory for how nucleon polarizability could be used to extract energy from nucleons by special electromagnetic conditions. A presentation of an experiment that validates the theory is presented. Also an new theory for a long range strong force is introduced by en hance the role of the σI =2 meson in nucleon nucleon potential made from mixed isospin meson"

COP 244.9 (W out)

Probably too much for the trolls. They will have to make something else up or paste irrelevant full page pictures like ladajo does.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yay!!! Its Parallel!!!
Missed you buddy. Oh by the way, someone else posted the full page, 'you're an idiot' pic, not me. I try to be more subtle, like "Rossi is full of shit".

Anyway, moving on... did you actually read this thing you posted on and linked? Given your track record, I will assume no.
You should read it. Really. Then tell us what you think about it. Please. I will reserve comments until after.
Or, should I just add this to the long list of Parallel "won't answer its"?

Let us know, please. Love to have an actual discussion where we can discuss real things using critical thinking skills.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Postby paperburn1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:36 am

You are a liar. The paper is not available until June 2017.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:Postby paperburn1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:36 am

You are a liar. The paper is not available until June 2017.
He's talking about the paper you linked. It may not be their entire paper, but it does not describe or talk about any replication. Once again, you have a complete lack of reading comprehension.

parallel

Post by parallel »

British Academic Prof. Tony Trewavas FRS, FRSE calls For UK to Back Cold Fusion Research

“However, the anomalous heat generation has been reported many thousands of times since in laboratories around the world and is now entirely reproducible, although the excess energy size can be variable . . .

What is needed is small compared with the billions given to tokamak research, which at best will only give tenfold energy gain and whose success seems eternally 30-50 years away. Investigating sources of variation and ensuring the excess heat is completely replicable is still needed and better control of the industrial production of palladium or nickel, seemingly one cause of anomalous heat variation between experiments . . .

Given the potential, why is there no research in the UK? The attitudes of most scientists were coloured by the early invalid and negative claims of anomalous heat reinforced by the mistaken name of fusion. India, China, Russia and Israel are devoting significant resources to LENR development, as is Japan, where both Toyota and Mitsubishi are involved. Martin Fleischmann, who died in 2012, was a UK scientist and a Fellow of the Royal Society. Is this yet another example of failure to exploit the genuine talent of UK science from ignorance of present achievements or head-in-the-sand dogma?”

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/uk ... -1-4400376

On this thread it is head-in-the-sand trolls. ScottL I linked the abstract not the paper and it does talk about reproducing Rossi and Parkhomov.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Meh It mentioned his name one time in passing. Hardly replication for rossi.
and a opinion piece in the newspaper is not a journal. :|

I do not rule out the possibility of LENR, just that even with my limited knowledge I can see Rossi is a scam artist.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:On this thread it is head-in-the-sand trolls. ScottL I linked the abstract not the paper and it does talk about reproducing Rossi and Parkhomov.
Still haven't learned to read? Sad state of affairs. The abstract is part of the paper, does not mention replicating Rossi, and has dubious remarks. I get that you don't actually have a background to sort the bs from the truth, but I highly recommend reading whatever you're thinking of posting at least 10 times to make sure you actually understand the general message first. It would go a long way to helping you look less incompetent when you post.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Hey Parallel,
How about you read the following email exchange which demonstrates just how mush of an electrical idiot Rossiclown is.
Feel free to attempt to explain away Rossiclown's hidden genius... <snicker>...
Date: 11/05/2015 7:49 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Jim Bass
Subject: Fw: capitolato

Dear Jim,
I need help from you, urgently for a thing I need for the plant o JM ( not the plant of Leonardo).
I attach here a layout.
What I need is to make a transformer - system that takes the normal voltage and gives me 5 million Voits with 5 to 20 microA ( 5 to 20 Watts of power).
I need it to be as small as possible,
Can you do it?
DO NOT TALK WITH FULVIO OF THIS !!! JM'S PLANT IS NOT HIS TURF
You can call or visit me here when you want for explications.
This has priority upon what, you are doing for Fulvio. Obviously if you can help me with this.
Warmest Regards,

Andrea

Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 at 2:28 PM
To: "Andrea Rossi" <ar.123[at]mail.com>
Subject: RE: Fw: capitolato

I Andrea, I have a dentist appointment this morning. I will address this when i return. Big problem is dielectric strength of materials Involved.

Jim

Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 9:12 AM
To: JIM BASS
Subject: Re: RE: Fw: capitolato

OK.
The current is 5 microamps, so the materials can be stainless steel, I already know they are
OK.

Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 at 7:47 PM
To: "Andrea Rossi" <ar.123[at]mail.com>
Subject: RE: RE:.Fw: capitolato

Andrea,
I am referring to the dielectric strength of the transformer body, coil, and air. 5 megavolts will arc through anything close. I am researching special transformers now.
The dielectric strength of air {dry} is 3 megavolts / meter, so any electrodes that carry 5 megavolts will need about 1.7 meters distance between them. That is only the electrodes.
Transformer coils that do this are wrapped closely, so the insulating material will require some special coating with extremely high dielectric strength.
I will have some answers for you by tomorrow.

Jim

To: Jimm Bass
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Fw: capitolato
Date: Thursday, November 05, 2015 3:01:02 PM

Obviously the coil wires are insulated! There are materials that allow the spires stay fwe mm from each other withoud arking.
Warmest regards,
Andrea

Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 at 4:09 PM
To: "Andrea Rossi'" <ar.123[at]mail.com >
Subject: Transformer

Dear Andrea,
I have spoken to several custom transformer manufacturers, and I have sent email requests to several detailing your design.
Each response so far is negative, although I am still waiting for a few more answers.
The problem is both the dielectric strength of the coil and the body of the transformer. Transformers are basically simple devices : the multiply the input voltage by the number of coil turns in the secondary divided by the number of coil turns in the primary.
Output voltage = Input voltage *(secondary turns / primary turns)
If you were to assume 500 volts input (for ease of the math), you would need a turns ratio of 1 : 10,000.
If you had only 10 turns in the primary, you would need 100,000 (10**5) turns in the secondary, and it appears there is no existing method to insulate that many windings and prevent dielectric breakdown on a small scale. Several suggested oil filled, but they are very very large, good for > 100,000 volts, and are used in the electric grids of our country.
Tesla coils can generate megavolts, but they use spark gaps, they are large, typically require higher resonant frequencies (way beyond 1500Hz) and generate large amounts of electromagnetic noise.
I am still waiting for some responses, but I do not have an answer as yet. I do not believe this is a viable design using transformers.

Jim

Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: Transformer

You are forgetting that we want 5 microamps, therefore the wire we need is like a hair.
You are cointacting wrong companies, because you are talking of giant transformers. We are talking here of an electronic device.
We are talhing of 5000000V x 5/1000000 A = 25 W !!!
You are contacting companies that make transformers of MW of power!!!

Warm Regards,
Andrea

Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 at 4:26 PM
To: "Andrea Rossi'" <ar.123[at]mail.com >
Subject: Re: Transformer

Andrea,,

I understand the current is very very small, but the insulating material still needs an extremely high dielectric strength, and I am not sure anyone can manufacture that kind of wire - even though the wire may be very small in diameter, the insulation would have to be very large, and the secondary winding would have to be more than 10,000 turns, so anything small is not feasible. I specifically asked two engineers about the voltage AND current.
I will continue to research.
Jim

Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: RE: Transformer

Just look well at the drawing I sent you.
OK, continue your research. there are spires that can insilate 100 000 V if spaced 2 mm, therefore since to go to 5 millions we need 50 spires, the problem should not be so difficult to be resolved. If we take a survoltor that gives us 100 000 V, then all we need are 50 spires and 100 000 V at 5 microamps are not a problem.

Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 at 5:14 PM
To: "Andrea Rossi'"
Subject: RE: RE: Transformer

Andrea,
What is a spire?
What is a survoltor?
What is the size restriction?
How many of these (if we can have them) do you want?
How much do you want to spend?
I have been discussing the design with an engineer from a company in Pennsylvania, and he had told me that issues are size, frequency, and voltage. He is thinking about it (no commitment at all - I told him it was a VERY important project).

Jim

To: Jim Bass <jimbass[at]bellsouth.net>
Sent: 11/6/2015 11:39:03 AM
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Transformer

Do not give information and NEVER say the name of me or of Leonardo !!!
It is for JM and you are not requested to fulfill their curiosity about what JM does.
This said, sa spire is one turn of a coil, a survoltor is a transformer, the size must be the smallest possible, we pay for the prototype, then we'll nees 100 000 of them.
Warmest Regards,
A.
This was put together by a poster ("CAN") at LENR Forum, using court document submissions. It is HILARIOUS, and sad at the same time. It also explains further why the "1MW" plant was so dangerous electrically, as noted by Fabiani and others in the court docs.

Rossi is full of shit.