LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

RERT
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby RERT » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:50 am

http://lenrexplained.com/wp-content/upl ... rected.pdf

Apparently from Ed Storms. Quite interesting.

R.

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby parallel » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Is the Polywell blog back for good now?

There have been several replications of the E-Cat since the site went dark, but as the pathoskeptics won’t believe them, I will stick to the 1 MW plant for now.

The plant generates 1 MW from four 250kW E-Cats (shwn bottom center in the photos http://andrea-rossi.com/1mw-plant/ ) and has ~50 of the older, small units on standby. We are told they haven’t been used so far.
The plant has now been operating well for 251 days of the 350 day trial. Apart from Aftenposten’s report there are a couple of other independent confirmations including one from Mats Lewan. So we should have news that will possibly quiet the skeptics in Feb/Mar 2016. Not long to wait now.

• E-Cat Customer Happy With Energy Bills: Rossi (E-CatWorld; July 11, 2015)
• Norway’s Aftenposten Newspaper: Independent Confimation Rossi’s 1MW Plant Working (Source with ‘Heavy Scientific Background’ has Inspected Plant) (E-CatWorld; June 21, 2015)
• Long Term 1 MW Plant Test to help with Next Generation of E-Cat Industrial Plants (E-CatWorld; September 25, 2015)
• Rossi: We can Throttle the E-Cat Plant (E-CatWorld; September 5, 2015)
• Rossi: ‘Consolidated’ 1 MW E-Cat Plant to Have Volume of 4 Cubic Meters (E-CatWorld; October 18, 2015)
• Rossi: If Test Successful, E-Cat Commercialization to Start March 2016 (E-CatWorld; September 22, 2015)
• 1 MW E-Cat Plant Watch Thread [UPDATE #30: Rossi on Reactors and Repairs] (E-CatWorld; September 21, 2015)
• Independent Referee Collects ‘Only Data Deemed Valid’ From 1MW E-Cat (E-CatWorld; September 11, 2015)
• ‘No Time to be Lost’ in Bringing E-Cats to Market if Test is a Success (E-CatWorld; August 16, 2015)
• E-Cat Plant Test Reaches Half-Way Mark (E-CatWorld; August 14, 2015)
• Rossi on Reactor Repair (E-CatWorld; September 2, 2015)
• New Photo of E-Cat Plant Published (E-CatWorld; May 26, 2015)
• 1MW Plant and Hot Cat Continue Stable and Self-Sustaining: Rossi [Update: July 9, New data point] (E-CatWorld; July 5, 2015)


parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby parallel » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:05 pm


pbelter
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 am

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby pbelter » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Here is an interesting interview with the man behind Cherokee Partners

http://fortune.com/2015/09/27/ceo-chero ... -reaction/

Cold fusion has such a checkered past and is so filled with hypesters and people with a gold rush, get-rich-quick mentality. We need to be calm, prudent and not exaggerate. I don’t want to say that cold fusion is real until we can absolutely prove it in ten different ways and then persuade our worst critics to join our camp.

ladajo
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby ladajo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:04 pm

From June of 2014:

parallel wrote:It seems the trolls have moved onto this thread. Pity. MSimon could you be persuaded to moderate this thread, so that it would be worth staying?

So I will leave a couple of forecasts before I go.
1. The Elforsk report will confirm not only the E-Cat works, (even if the COP is below 6) but also LENR is real.
2. The infamous 1MW plant will be seen to be in operation before the end of 2014


And where are we now? Still futzing around in Rossiworld.
Parallel, since 2008 you have been preaching, still no real results, just hearsay and supposition.
How many times has Rossi claimed to have sold and installed an operating unit to a customer??? Where are they all?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby parallel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Ladajo wrote:

And where are we now? Still futzing around in Rossiworld.
Parallel, since 2008 you have been preaching, still no real results, just hearsay and supposition.
How many times has Rossi claimed to have sold and installed an operating unit to a customer??? Where are they all?


1. You won't believe independent reports like Lugano or Dr. Parkhomov or tech writers like Mats Lewan, so there is no point in giving the references again.

2. You can't even get the dates right. Rossi's first demo was in 2011, so how could I be preaching about it in 2008?

3. Rossi has claimed to have sold one 1 MW plant to an unknown customer (presumed military) and nothing is known of the result.
Rossi, through Industrial Heat, has a contract with a customer to supply 1 MW of steam for 350 days. The performance is being monitored by the customer and an independent referee. The plant has been running 254 days and according to Norway's leading newspaper is performing well.
The results will be made public in Feb/Mar 2016.

Ladajo, you are just an obnoxious troll who never adds anything useful to the thread..

Carl White
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby Carl White » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:27 pm

I find it interesting that Cherokee, and now Woodward, have acknowledged their investments in Rossi's work. So either Rossi has scammed the big money boys or something he's actually done has caught their attention.

Here's something related for ladajo to look at:

"Swedish scientists claim LENR explanation break-through"

http://animpossibleinvention.com/2015/1 ... k-through/

Also this:

"Small-scale nuclear fusion may be a new energy source" (Leif Holmlid)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 085550.htm

Axil
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:34 am

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby Axil » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:45 pm

See

http://tempid.altervista.org/SRI.pdf

Holmlid is claiming production of up to 10 billion K-mesons stimulated by one laser shot. These mesons decay to muons and then electrons. Change in the color of the laser changes the character of the meson production.

He also has seen muons produced using room lighting.

The future of LENR as science will go through Holmlid rather than Rossi.

ScottL
Posts: 1122
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby ScottL » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Carl White wrote:I find it interesting that Cherokee, and now Woodward, have acknowledged their investments in Rossi's work. So either Rossi has scammed the big money boys or something he's actually done has caught their attention.

Here's something related for ladajo to look at:

"Swedish scientists claim LENR explanation break-through"

http://animpossibleinvention.com/2015/1 ... k-through/

Also this:

"Small-scale nuclear fusion may be a new energy source" (Leif Holmlid)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 085550.htm


I don't think it's an either or scenario. I can think of several other scenarios (some likelier than others) that you haven't listed. The world isn't black or white and the options aren't A or B.

ladajo
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby ladajo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:00 am

parallel wrote:Ladajo wrote:

And where are we now? Still futzing around in Rossiworld.
Parallel, since 2008 you have been preaching, still no real results, just hearsay and supposition.
How many times has Rossi claimed to have sold and installed an operating unit to a customer??? Where are they all?


1. You won't believe independent reports like Lugano or Dr. Parkhomov or tech writers like Mats Lewan, so there is no point in giving the references again.

2. You can't even get the dates right. Rossi's first demo was in 2011, so how could I be preaching about it in 2008?

3. Rossi has claimed to have sold one 1 MW plant to an unknown customer (presumed military) and nothing is known of the result.
Rossi, through Industrial Heat, has a contract with a customer to supply 1 MW of steam for 350 days. The performance is being monitored by the customer and an independent referee. The plant has been running 254 days and according to Norway's leading newspaper is performing well.
The results will be made public in Feb/Mar 2016.

Ladajo, you are just an obnoxious troll who never adds anything useful to the thread..


I pride myself on stirring you up. BTW, I erred on 2008, it should have been 2011. Mea Culpa.
I would also offer that you are overlooking many Ecat units claimed sold, not sure if it is on purpose or not.

Rossi is full of shit. You will go to your grave, and there still will be no Ecat. Think about that on your death-bed.
LENR, as broad a field as it has become, is another thing. As I have said many times, LENR is not Rossiclown, and Rossiclown is not LENR.
On LENR, we shall see. Although given the expanding definition of what falls into the "LENR" field, eventually the definition will expand to encompass something of interest.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby parallel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Ladajo,

I pride myself on stirring you up.

So you admit you are a troll.

I would also offer that you are overlooking many Ecat units claimed sold, not sure if it is on purpose or not.

Give actual quotes for these supposed sales, not fabrications from shutrossidown.com

paperburn1
Posts: 2424
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Third rock from the sun.

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby paperburn1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:20 pm

I have to agree with Scott L on this, if there were as the Swedes said then there would be neutron production. Rossi had a 1 MW plant and it was working as the Swedes said it was then there would be a detectable radiation signature. As a matter of fact it would probably be dangerous levels if unshielded.

Disclaimer: I am not a nuclear physicist, I just play one on the Internet.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby parallel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:36 pm

The radiation level near the 1 MW plant is continuously measured and is reported not to be above background level.

ScottL
Posts: 1122
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: LENR Is Real

Postby ScottL » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:50 pm

parallel wrote:The radiation level near the 1 MW plant is continuously measured and is reported not to be above background level.


That would lead us to 1 of 2 conclusions:

1. There's a ton of shielding although none of the pics of the 1 MW plant have ever looked shielded.

or

2. Neutron production is not happening, therefore no radiation.


So my question would be, which is it?


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests