LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by ladajo »

I am not sure what you meant Axil. But I do know that what Rossi proposes is exceeding current material science. His form factor and density are not supportable by current science. It makes me wonder how he managed to do what 60 years of high density energy handling scientists and engineers have been unable to crack regarding the material energy loading and transfer. So now Rossiclown is the world leader in material science and thermodynamics too. I am losing track of all his world changing science accomplishments. Strange we haven't seen any in the public realm yet. Strange that the vacuous patent applications don't speak to any of this miracle science and materials engineering. I don't think we ever saw a patent app. or explanation for the world changing nickle enrichment process he invented. So many secrets, so much progress. wow. no, ...really..., wow.

Oh look, popcorn!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ladajo wrote:Giorgio, help out here, you do thermal dynamics, what do you make of this? I am running on thirty year old recollections. I may have gotten my approach wrong. My base take is that the conductivity is too low to support that much energy transferring in that small a package using steel/water.
You already said everything there is to say. In real application you should double or triple the Heat Flux to account for safety and real transfer dynamics.
Parallel has no idea (as usual) about what he is talking about.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:I was waiting for the other shoe to drop as ladajo, as usual, has not read up on the subject. Rossi also stated the E-Cat X can generate 50:50 heat and electricity directly, so we are only talking about 10 kW here as heat.
He also states the size does not include the equipment to recover said heat and electric power, but is just the size of the reactor.
A "cigarette size" box that can generate directly 10 Kw of electrical Energy........ And you actually believe it without even asking yourself any question whatsoever. Right, right....... :roll:

parallel

Post by parallel »

The clowns are forgetting, or never knew, that the E-Cat X operates at 1400C and there are ceramics that are quite transparent to IR at those temperatures. Look up Stefan–Boltzmann's 4th power law.
There is no point in speculation until more details are known, which is why the trolls have a field day before they are.

Others should note the figures were from Rossi's New Years dream message. Not that he was claiming such a device now existed, but that it could, with luck, be extrapolated from what he had working.
See also http://brilliantlightpower.com/plasma-video/

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:The clowns are forgetting, or never knew, that the E-Cat X operates at 1400C and there are ceramics that are quite transparent to IR at those temperatures. Look up Stefan–Boltzmann's 4th power law.
What's the connection of the Stefan Boltzman law with the IR transparency of some ceramics? Do you actually have any idea what the Stefan Boltzman law states and how is used?

Also, if for the sake of discussion we assume as reality the "fantasyland" idea that the Ecat-X works at a Temperature of 1400C (2500F), than using Wien's law we can calculate that the dominant wavelength is about = 2900/2500= 1,16 mm. If you have the knowledge to Engineer a ceramic that has structural strength at that wavelength than you can claim another Nobel prize together with Rossi.

parallel wrote:Others should note the figures were from Rossi's New Years dream message. Not that he was claiming such a device now existed, but that it could, with luck, be extrapolated from what he had working.
And I dream i could have a dollar for each prediction you made that didn't turn out true. I could have become rich faster and without effort!
Alas it's only a dream, exactly like Rossi one...... keep dreaming boys.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio wrote. "If you have the knowledge to Engineer a ceramic that has structural strength at that wavelength than you can claim another Nobel prize together with Rossi."

You are showing your technical ignorance again. Alumina in various forms is strong and resistant to both oxidizing and reducing atmospheres at 1400C and can be quite transparent to IR. This is well known - I have used Alumina refractories often at this temperature- so unfortunately no Nobel prize.

It would be good if you waited until the facts are known before writing more pages of rubbish.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

parallel wrote:The clowns are forgetting, or never knew, that the E-Cat X operates at 1400C and there are ceramics that are quite transparent to IR at those temperatures. Look up Stefan–Boltzmann's 4th power law.
There is no point in speculation until more details are known, which is why the trolls have a field day before they are.

Others should note the figures were from Rossi's New Years dream message. Not that he was claiming such a device now existed, but that it could, with luck, be extrapolated from what he had working.
See also http://brilliantlightpower.com/plasma-video/
If there is no point in speculation until more details are know, why do you claim the device works as advertised?

Also, we asked for more details so a more accurate determination could be made. Your response, apparently, was to label us trolls for wanting to understand the claim you are putting forth (on behalf of Rossi).

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:You are showing your technical ignorance again. Alumina in various forms is strong and resistant to both oxidizing and reducing atmospheres at 1400C and can be quite transparent to IR. This is well known - I have used Alumina refractories often at this temperature- so unfortunately no Nobel prize.
As you said, "in various forms". but in each form you can only have IR transparency OR mechanical strength OR chemical resistance OR thermal resistance OR a bland mix of them with little to none practical applications.
Unluckily for you there is no form of Alumina known to mankind that can fit the need for Mechanical Strength and IR transparencies at the same time at that wavelength.
But if you know it, please prove me wrong and list it here.

And by the way, Alumina refractories actually PREVENT the heat to escape the kiln, which is the opposite that you need to do here. :roll:

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
parallel wrote:You are showing your technical ignorance again. Alumina in various forms is strong and resistant to both oxidizing and reducing atmospheres at 1400C and can be quite transparent to IR. This is well known - I have used Alumina refractories often at this temperature- so unfortunately no Nobel prize.
As you said, "in various forms". but in each form you can only have IR transparency OR mechanical strength OR chemical resistance OR thermal resistance OR a bland mix of them with little to none practical applications.
Unluckily for you there is no form of Alumina known to mankind that can fit the need for Mechanical Strength and IR transparencies at the same time at that wavelength.
But if you know it, please prove me wrong and list it here.

And by the way, Alumina refractories actually PREVENT the heat to escape the kiln, which is the opposite that you need to do here. :roll:
No alumna...it is steel

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Phlogopite mica remains stable to temperatures of 900 °C so what prevents meltdown/ blowout of the mica; or am I missing something?
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And 1400C is conveniently the melting point of SS304 (2550F to 2650F).

With layers that thin, and temps as cited, I have significant doubt he can manage the material problem using the types of set ups he has deemed valuable enough to post happy snaps of. This type of design is looking for hundreds of gallons a minute in a pressurized system in order to keep spot temps low enough to prevent micro boiling. Once that starts the whole thing is going to come apart, and fast. You mess with that laminar layer at the heat transfer boundary, and all bets are off. It is a cascading exponential failure mode which ends in nothing good. The heat will have no place to go, and poof! plate buckling, ruptures, melting stuff, end of unit sort of thing. The kinds of heat flux levels Rossiclown is claiming are not able to be managed with any sort of rig he has shown or talked about.

I will leave alone the obvious point that the patent application wafer is not even close to the magic cigarettes in size. It does look alarmingly similar in intent to the magic box Rossiclown defrauded the US Army with. Of course, the whole Ecat Saga looks essentially exactly like that fraud. Same type of claims and actions. Same patterns all over again. The only thing missing is government money.

I do wonder these days how the Rossiclown is dodging the NRC and its proxies with his silly claims. Looks like about time for a "Concerned Citizen" intervention again. Afterall, Rossiclown is claiming to have an operating plant in the US, and also R&D. Should be fun to see what it stirs up from the idiot.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Amazing.... 1 mm thickness. Another incredible technology from Mr. Rossi and Co.

All this story is becoming such a huge pile of crap that is ending to be fun.
I am just curious to see in which way Rossi will try buy more time once the time to release the report will arrive.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio wrote "No alumna...it is steel"
No it isn't. The E-Cat X is not the same. Rossi said he had to fabricate a special material for it.

I haven't wasted time on the rest or the later posts

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Rossi said he had to fabricate a special material for it.
Even a "Special Steel". It seems like Rossi alone is revolutionizing every single sector of human knowledge!

As you are so intimate with his plans, do you know if the production process of this new Steel will involve mainly the use of the words "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"? And who will play the part of the Fairy Godmother, Rossi himself or you? Please make plenty of pictures and send to me, I have been looking for a new desktop theme lately.

parallel wrote:I haven't wasted time on the rest or the later posts
I understand. Even you waste time on them you will have no answers to give, so it is a wise decision. Keep practicing with the Fairy Godmother magic stick for when you will need to help Rossi to make is "Special Steel", it seems indeed a better investment for your time.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Oh Parallel, so what you are really saying is that you have no counter argument, thus you are reduced once again to angry nastyiness and name calling.
Your blind faith in Rossiclown is really sad.