Mark Duncan has passed ...

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Tom Ligon

Mark Duncan has passed ...

Post by Tom Ligon »

Mark Duncan, the fellow who cleaned up and posted many of Dr. Bussard's papers on his Askmar.com website, passed away on the evening of December 23, 2017.

Mark did the Polywell an incalculable service by doing this. I have been sending people to his website for years.

I have space on mine ... I suppose now I should download his entire collection of Polywell and Bussard material, and post it in his honor.

Aero

Re: Mark Duncan has passed ...

Post by Aero »

My condolences to all who knew him.

As for posting his work, that would be good to ensure that it is not lost to posterity.
Aero

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Very sad news! My condolences to his family and friends.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

My sincere condolences to Mark Duncan's family. His work was deeply appreciated from most of the people interested in this research.
Unfortunately with every loss keeping the Polywell legacy alive might become more and more difficult.
Crossing fingers that someone will soon pick over again research into this technology.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Tom Ligon wrote:Mark Duncan, the fellow who cleaned up and posted many of Dr. Bussard's papers on his Askmar.com website, passed away on the evening of December 23, 2017.

Mark did the Polywell an incalculable service by doing this. I have been sending people to his website for years.

I have space on mine ... I suppose now I should download his entire collection of Polywell and Bussard material, and post it in his honor.
My condolences to Mark’s family, friends, and compatriots.

Tom,
What, if anything, can I do to help with your archiving effort?

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Kiteman,

I think it would be a good idea if you and anyone else so inclined could download and archive the library of Polywell-related documents on his website, just in case.

I just heard back from his sister. I can't imagine the family would object to posting his material, particularly if done in honor of him, but I intend to ask permission to do this.