Forbes Article on Fusion

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

rschaffer8

Forbes Article on Fusion

Post by rschaffer8 »

krenshala

Re: Forbes Article on Fusion

Post by krenshala »

Hadn't heard of it, but I found this article (https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... ly-decades), from yesterday. Its very light on details, though the one image from what appears to be a powerpoint looks like they use neutrons for power.

*edit: Ah, the Forbes article is much clearer about how their design is supposed to work. Guess that other article was just a bad pick on my part.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

AGNI focuses a beam of ions, which is half of the fuel, onto a solid target which is the other half of the fuel.
As far as I can make out this is beam-target fusion, not beam driven inertial confinement. Everything I've seen about that approach is not favorable to net fusion gain. And the described system becomes progressively more convoluted and sketchy from there. Multiple species of fuel in both the beam and target.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

I don't think there's room for my opinion of the USPTO to drop any further. What moron would approve that patent?
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.