TELL ME NOOOW!

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jboily

Post by Jboily »

MSimon wrote:Energy is such a national security issue that I can't imagine the Navy bottling it up. It makes no sense.
I do not think the Navy can keep it under cover now. But what can happen is that the design will be geared toward a ship or submarine power system, making it not perfectly applicable for commercialization as a grid power system. Causing some delay if one wait for the navy project to finish before developing the commercial version.

I am thinking that if there is indications that a polywell working and economical system is actually realizable, one or more commercial projects should be run in parallel to the navy version. This would insure no delay to get the commercial version to help the grid, and reduce the chances that the Navy keep the resulting ship design from public use.

The coming energy crisis is international in nature, and is going to get very bad for everyone, and it will not be long from now. The current economic crisis is actually helping, in delaying the coming “dark age”, but this reprieve is only temporary. We should not put all our eggs in one basket (the navy).