X-Ray Tape

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

X-Ray Tape

Post by MSimon »

http://www.nature.com/nature/videoarchive/x-rays/

A 50KV generator for a couple of dollars or less.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Yeah, I saw that... I am sceptical to day the least. It sure sounds kinda silly and they even say there that it wont make for a practical power source. Still funny what weird stuff people stumble upon by accident.

Helius

Seen him before....

Post by Helius »

Gotta like that Seth Putterman. He was the first that I saw that alerted us to the fact that of Rusi Taleyarkhan's bubble claims weren't independently duplicatable. That was about 2005. Yay, UCLA; Sorry Purdue.

Jboily

Post by Jboily »

Skipjack wrote:Yeah, I saw that... I am sceptical to day the least. It sure sounds kinda silly and they even say there that it wont make for a practical power source. Still funny what weird stuff people stumble upon by accident.
I was doing Astronomy photography when I was a teenager (35 years ago). To save money, I was cutting my own film from large reels (normally used to make movies), and sticking it to my 35 mm spool with Scotch tape. I noticed that I was always getting my last few shuts spoiled with an image of the tape glow produce when I was pulling it from the film after a night of observation. The glow was actually visible from the naked eye (in the dark room). I was quite annoyed by it :)

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

Skipjack wrote:Yeah, I saw that... I am sceptical to day the least.
Skeptical of what? Don't get it.