Any One Read Japanese/Chinese? Or is it Korean?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Any One Read Japanese/Chinese? Or is it Korean?

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

scareduck

Post by scareduck »

That's Korean.

Looks like a rehash of the keepalive stuff we saw earlier.

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

yes, Korean.

fiddling with babelfish:

below 'A--Polywell Fusion Device Research' it says:

Summary information

On the header with the picture of the lady on the phone, next to where it says 'HOME>' :

International market supply information > International tender information retrieval

Just above the main article it says (in green print):
Notification contents

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I hope the Koreans start an IEC program. I have a friend who talked to a Korean Ambassador about it - 3 to 6 months ago IIRC. AFAIK it didn't go anywhere.

I just gave him a heads up. I'll let you know if he has anything interesting to say.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

choff

Post by choff »

Isn't there a Korean-American physicist on the emc2 staff, Dr. Park?
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Dr. Park is on the staff. He is the mainstay of the experimental side.

OneWayTraffic

Post by OneWayTraffic »

I have a Korean wife here, but this doesn't look like worth her time to translate. It very much seems to be a simple advertisement for services.

As an aside, the Korean alphabet is very easy to learn. A linguist could do it in an afternoon, though it took me a couple of weeks. There's 20 odd main symbols- with another 20-30 variations, arranged into 1 syllable blocks. It's as logical as computer programming. Benefit of having an alphabet that was specifically designed for the language a few centuries ago by a Korean king and his team of scholars. Literacy rates here in Korea are practically 100%.

choff

Post by choff »

From the posts I've seen Korea has a very robust fusion research program relative to its size, both IEC and tokamak.
CHoff