"cannot search so soon after the last"

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

kunkmiester

"cannot search so soon after the last"

Post by kunkmiester »

I use the "view new topics" button to go over new stuff. I'll occasionally also use the "view your posts" button to go over things I've posted in to see if I didn't notice a new post. This saves much browsing through the various boards.

Problem is, the board insists on a wait period before the other search. I can only assume this is to stop bots or trolls or something, but is it really necessary?
Evil is evil, no matter how small

BenTC

Re: "cannot search so soon after the last"

Post by BenTC »

kunkmiester wrote:I use the "view new topics" button to go over new stuff. I'll occasionally also use the "view your posts" button to go over things I've posted in to see if I didn't notice a new post. This saves much browsing through the various boards.

Problem is, the board insists on a wait period before the other search. I can only assume this is to stop bots or trolls or something, but is it really necessary?
I agree its a bit annoying but not a big deal. Mostly when I forget to tick Posts rather than Topics, but I just count to five and its fine to resubmit. About half its current time setting might be sufficient to make it unnoticeable.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.