Request to moderator, please ban 'Joseph Chikva'

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

chrismb
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Request to moderator, please ban 'Joseph Chikva'

Postby chrismb » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:37 pm

KitemanSA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby KitemanSA » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:38 pm

IBID.
And when chrismb and I agree on anything, there is something there.
At least send him, it, whatever, a stern moderator warning.

MSimon

Re: Request to moderator, please ban 'Joseph Chikva'

Postby MSimon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 am

Joseph Chikva

Postby Joseph Chikva » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:11 am

chrismb

Postby chrismb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:05 am

This is the first time I have EVER been personally insulting here on this forum - AND I STILL CONSIDER EVERY INSULT I THREW AS BEING WELL JUSTIFIED. Just think about that for a moment; I am prepared to throw out a sincerely held principle to only attack people's ideas and arguments, not them personally. In your case I have made an exception.

You provocations on this forum have been seeking this kind of reaction. Whether that was your intention or not, that is their outcome. I have totally lost my patience with you in a way that no-one on a forum has managed before. You are a leach, sucking out all the goodness from a thing just because your idea stinks and everyone here thinks so (and that is mainly because of you rather than the idea!).

Either you are staying on this forum, or I am. Not both. If the moderators want a forum with your inanery, then they will get the forum they moderate.

Just look at that thread you've made a total mess of. You STILL can't stop posting shyte to it, even after you have promised to be polite and everyone else is saying "OK, let's move on".

Joseph Chikva

Postby Joseph Chikva » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:29 am

Betruger

Postby Betruger » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:24 am

seedload

Postby seedload » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:20 pm

rcain

Postby rcain » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Ivy Matt

Postby Ivy Matt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 pm

It recently occurred to me (not necessarily in relation to this forum) that another neat trick would be per-thread banning, if that's possible.

As regards disciplinary action in general, I recognize that an online forum is the property of those who set it up, thus the moderators have a right to ban anyone they want to. However, it's my opinion that in a forum the members need the assurance that moderation is not selective or arbitrary; otherwise they will be inclined to go elsewhere. This means that the members are familiar with the rules (or at least have little excuse not to be) and are given fair warning when any new rules are introduced. Then, if a member has to be banned, the other forum members can understand why. I understand why some members would like Joseph Chikva to be banned, particularly in relation to his actions on the Polywell patent application thread, but it's not clear to me yet that he has broken any forum rules that haven't also been broken by some who have responded to him.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

rcain

Postby rcain » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:35 pm

chrismb

Postby chrismb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 pm

rcain

Postby rcain » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:37 am

Joseph Chikva

Postby Joseph Chikva » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 am

quixote

Postby quixote » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:53 am

Return to “Administration”