Please open a Drug subform for General

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeP

Please open a Drug subform for General

Post by JoeP »

Hi Joe & Simon,

Well over 50% of the threads in General seem to about drugs.

There is extreme interest in this subject for a subset of members. I'm sure the majority of fusion enthusiasts here probably aren't quite as interested in this subject. I, for one, have very little interest in the debate.

While General is about "anything," the overall flavor of the forum is about drugs, or about convincing Simon to change his strong, immutable views on the use of them, and the laws and politics related to them.

I propose a change that I think will be to the betterment of "Talk Polywell."

(1) Create a subforum under general that is dedicated to discussion of Drug Legalization.
(2) Threads opened in the main General forum about drugs, drug prohibition, legalization, and so on are immediately moved by the moderator to the subforum.

That is all. Thanks.

ladajo

Re: Please open a Drug subform for General

Post by ladajo »

Seconded!

I would be better able to ignore Simon's childish propaganda that way.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

It does make sense, can you put the Rossi-ites in the same dark hole?
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

mvanwink5 wrote:It does make sense, can you put the Rossi-ites in the same dark hole?
Well, the Rossi stuff is mostly contained in the two massive threads in the News section. Those that want to talk about it usually do so in those containers.

Back to the topic at hand:

Simon, do you have any objections to creating a new subforum under General for drug issues? If no, why?

Joe, did you happen to read this?? :)

Ostensibly, this board is about Polywell fusion and related topics. Nothing to do with drugs. I feel it is fine to discuss drug issues, however it is an obsession for a few posters in General. The issue completely colors the entire General forum and perhaps the whole board to a degree. I doubt that most members come here to debate illegal drug use, prohibition, and the politics and laws that surround the subject.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I would be perfectly happy to abandon it to some sub-forum. I agress against Mike Simon purely because he keeps spamming everythread he can with the silliness.

I also make a point to Rossibash pretty much only on the Rossithread. Although I do accept challenges on that when the glove is laid in other (few) threads.

In any event, something needs to be done as the pro-drug spamming is ridiculous. Anyone makes a counter or a cease/decist request gets a tirade of multiple posts with all sorts of volume and silliness. I think it averages about 5 to 1 for posts when you tweak him.

I find it annoying to have to guess which threads with Simon are drugs or not. Mostly I default to it yes, and skip them. Given the read counts, it would seem many others do the same.

Simon is using this site to further his politcal aims. He is pruposely making multiple posts to build searchable and linked volume for his internet campaign.
It is no accident he continually puts up links to his other sites where he makes pro-drug propaganda. The search engines pick them up and adds to the volume of return noise. It is a clear abuse of this site to support pro-drug goals that have nothing to do with the intent and population that resides here.

I bet that if the sub-forum is created it will quickly turn into a dark closet with Mike talks to himself about how good drugs are. The only folks that will follow him in would be the very few sympathetic voices, and I think they would bore of it quickly.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

I also support segregating drug discussions to a subforum. The frequent spamming has me this --> <-- close to adding a certain moderator to my ignore list.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully Joe and Simon will weigh in also.
I'd like to see more comments from regular posters, and Talk-Polywell lurkers on this issue.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Mike may not say anything here on it. According to GIT, Joe has told him to stop the pro-drug spamming before.

As I said, my concern is that he is purposely linking posts here to get his search engine hits up. He is using talk-polywell as a propaganda opportunity.

rjaypeters

Post by rjaypeters »

Aye.
"Aqaba! By Land!" T. E. Lawrence

R. Peters

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Make it a politics sub forum. That's like 90% of bad blood, shunted.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.