FAQ: Who is working directly on Polywell? Where?

Discuss fusion-related developments, personalities, and events. Explore how we got to where we are today.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

FAQ: Who is working directly on Polywell? Where?

Post by KitemanSA »

As a response to a FAQ, the current answer is:
Polywell is worked on primarily by EMC2 FUSION DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION a non profit entity. They currently have contracts to develop the polywell for the United States Navy presumably for navel power plants.
This is not correct, is it? I was under the impression that the work is, and basically always was, being done by EMC2 Inc., a FOR profit engineering development company with Navy (and other) research contracts. EMC2 FUSION DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION is just a funding shell to receive money from that New Mexico Community Foundation and produce contracts with EMC2 Inc. Does anyone know for sure? With sources?

Thanks

Roger

Re: FAQ: Who is working directly on Polywell? Where?

Post by Roger »

KitemanSA wrote:As a response to a FAQ, the current answer is:
Polywell is worked on primarily by EMC2 FUSION DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION a non profit entity. They currently have contracts to develop the polywell for the United States Navy presumably for navel power plants.
Polywell is worked on solely by EMC2 FUSION DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION . They currently have contracts to develop the polywell for the United States Navy presumably for navel power plants

EMC2 FUSION DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION is just a funding shell to receive money from that New Mexico Community Foundation and produce contracts with EMC2 Inc. Does anyone know for sure? With sources?

Thanks
We talked about this at the NASA forums. The New Mexico Community Foundation offered Bussard a way to get contributions, nothing more. This was done as a favor to circumvent certain legal limitations.

Tom and Simon remember.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Roger is correct.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I guess I didn't ask my question clearly.

From what I have seen, there are two organizations, one called EMC2 Inc, and one called EMC2 Fusion Development Corp. The one with the short name seems to be the basic company, the one that the Navy has contracts with. The long name one seems to be solely tied into the NMCF as a means to obtain tax exempt contributions for research purposes. Is this assessment correct?