Name that distinguished scientist (hirez)

Discuss fusion-related developments, personalities, and events. Explore how we got to where we are today.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

fred-carl

Name that famous sceintist thread this past July

Post by fred-carl »

I found this post via a google search. In my effort to save the Belmar Marconi Station (the sister station to the New Brunswick station) I came across this photo a number of years ago. John Carson is the person identified in the original photos. I purchased a copy of an original article published in Wireless Age to verify this. In a book on Tesla, that person is identified as Tesla in that photo. He sure looks like Tesla. I happened to get a chance to show the photo to a relative of Tesla. He said it was not his uncle, he stated his uncle would not have been in the back for any photo. John Carson was an AT&T employee so I contacted their archives. They sent me photos of John Carson. He is a dead ringer for Tesla. I believe that if Tesla was in the group he would have been given special mention in the article, given his status at the time. I posted the article on my website at http://www.infoage.org/einstein.htm Thank you.

Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Thanks for the post Fred. I had my doubts if it was Tesla. He was a sharp dresser and would have been at the front for sure. Its such an amazing photo i guess i just "wanted to believe"

cheers
Purity is Power

Nanos

Post by Nanos »

It would be nice to see both the Wireless Age article (What date is that ?) and the photo's of John Carson so we could all see for ourselves.