p + 15N

Discuss how polywell fusion works; share theoretical questions and answers.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

D Tibbets wrote:I do wish crismb would have linked the article so that the modifiers would have been immediately obvious.
Are you kidding me, Dan!?

If I might momentarily teach you how to seach for something... I told you it was in wiki, and so you pick the most uncommon word in the text, which looks like 'Kernbichler' to me. Go to wiki home and type 'Kernbichler' into the search bar and let me know what you find!

I wish people would undertake the most basic of searches before feeling that someone else should do all their homework for them. I've done plenty of homework here for folks on p+15N as it is not very easy info to find and I wouldn't expect them to find it. But a search on wiki!?!

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

chrismb, I indeed looked up the article. It took me 2-3 tries on the first page of a Google search to find it (See the 7th post preceding this one). I did not do so initially due to laziness, and the assumption that you had quoted all of the relevant information in the Wiki article. A bad assumption on my part. That you attacked the arguments that I presented as unfounded was ironic as those very same points (originating from presumably more competent authors with a better knowledge base) was made in the very same brief article.

And, I don't know the significance of "Kernbichler". I did do a one page Google search, and found only some facebook links to several different individuals. He is the author or contributor to that part of the Wiki article. Perhaps I'm lazy, but I have no intention of researching further, unless you can be less lazy and explain the significance. Are you proposing that the Wiki article is in error?

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

D Tibbets wrote:Perhaps I'm lazy, but I have no intention of researching further, unless you can be less lazy and explain the significance. Are you proposing that the Wiki article is in error?
I don't understand your point/question. I was merely saying that if someone has told you a quote has come from wiki, then you could go to wiki and try searching for terms from that quote in the wiki search entry, if you were trying to look it up for yourself. Why would you do a search on google when the information you have says it is from wiki, which has its own search function?

So I really don't understand your inference that I am being 'lazy'.

I'm kinda bothered and sad that I started this thread on p+15N and spent a not-inconsiderable amount of my own time preparing the information, in an attempt to be helpful to someone who appeared to have a genuine interest in p+15N and who asked 'have you any more information on this'. It has been drawn into some weird pedantism about a subject you chose to weave into the thread (presumably because you don't have a genuine interest in p+15N but want to push p+11B) and at the end of it you are calling me lazy!?

quixote

Post by quixote »

chrismb,

I found the thread rather interesting, except the last bits. You mentioned that you looked into this because of your own project. Is it something you considered possible with your device, or did it just pique your interest?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

quixote wrote:chrismb,

I found the thread rather interesting, except the last bits. You mentioned that you looked into this because of your own project. Is it something you considered possible with your device, or did it just pique your interest?
Yeah.... last bits not quite what I'd planned for the thread, but there y'go, public forum, etc...

Thanks for the interest. In short, the answer to your question is; yes.

My device aims to recover the collision energy from non-fusing collisions, so I was doing the calcs to see which nuclear reactions that would work out for. Not all reactions get to work in that situation, because it is no longer simply a case that all input energy is usefully recovered as thermal power. If you don't get the reaction energies high enough, more unrecoverable power is lost in the non-fusing collisions that fusion power produced.

Is that enough of an explanation, or should I expand on it a little?

zDarby

Post by zDarby »

I can't speak for anyone else, obviously.
But, at the risk of asking you to put a target on you back, I would love to read further explanation.