Fusion Physics - free PDF textbook by IAEA

Discuss how polywell fusion works; share theoretical questions and answers.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

crowberry

Fusion Physics - free PDF textbook by IAEA

Post by crowberry »

Fusion Physics is a textbook published by the IAEA that can be bought for 90 EUR in a paper edition of downloaded for free in PDF format from http://www-pub.iaea.org/books/IAEABooks ... on-Physics
DESCRIPTION
This publication is a comprehensive reference for graduate students and an invaluable guide for more experienced researchers. It provides an introduction to nuclear fusion and its status and prospects, and features specialized chapters written by leaders in the field, presenting the main research and development concepts in fusion physics. It starts with an introduction to the case for the development of fusion as an energy source. Magnetic and inertial confinement are addressed. Dedicated chapters focus on the physics of confinement, the equilibrium and stability of tokamaks, diagnostics, heating and current drive by neutral beam and radiofrequency waves, and plasma–wall interactions. While the tokamak is a leading concept for the realization of fusion, other concepts (helical confinement and, in a broader sense, other magnetic and inertial configurations) are also addressed in the book. At over 1100 pages, this publication provides an unparalleled resource for fusion physicists and engineers.
It is published in 2012 and edited by Mitsuru Kikuchi, Karl Lackner and Minh Quang Tran.
The book covers basic plasma physics, plasma diagnostics, tokamaks stellarators, compact torii and ICF and with 1158 pages there is a lot of interesting material presented.

D Tibbets

Re: Fusion Physics - free PDF textbook by IAEA

Post by D Tibbets »

Thanks, the textbook downloaded without complexity. I now have yet another source of information to confound me...

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.