Free Plasma Physics Book

Discuss how polywell fusion works; share theoretical questions and answers.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Free Plasma Physics Book

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

drmike

Post by drmike »

Got it. It looks like a great introduction to plasmas and fusion power and it is only 2 years old, so it has a lot of references to ITER and similar experiments. Lite on the math from my perspective, but that's a good thing for most people trying to figure this out for the first time.

The first part of the book is about why fusion is useful, so that is a boon for the evangelists. There are some good reasons to go after fusion, even if it means 100 more years of research. The second part of the book goes into more details on plasma physics, but in a pretty gentle way. For everyone out there who wants to understand all the technical arguments I'd think this is a great place to start.

alexjrgreen

Free Plasma Physics Book

Post by alexjrgreen »

If you treat energy separately from momentum it's really hard to keep the bookkeeping straight.

Better to take the harder option and use quaternions:

http://www.ptep-online.com/index_files/ ... -17-03.PDF

That way you know you haven't missed anything...
Ars artis est celare artem.

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

The legality of this is questionable, just fyi. Not that I necessarily care, I am only suggesting that one might consider it. Thanks for the find, though, a bit over my head so no harm no foul.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

There is no way this could have been done by anyone but the authors IMO.

In fact giving away free pdfs is one way to increase sales.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

I went to their C++ section and saw that they have C++ primer, which I legally acquired from O'Reilly's digital ebooks: http://i42.tinypic.com/2gtro8y.png

Make that of what you will.