Plans, external magnets, and other questions.

Discuss the technical details of an "open source" community-driven design of a polywell reactor.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

phillamb168

Plans, external magnets, and other questions.

Post by phillamb168 »

Hi all,

Boy, it's been a while since my last post. I'm on the verge of starting to build my very own neutron emitter - I'm moving to France from the US, and will have a house with an attached garage, er, laboratory. No more apartments for me!

Anyway, my main question is, I keep reading about 'open source' polywell plans - is there anything in PDF form? Are there any good resources for helping out with start-to-finish Polywell construction? How do I get started?

Also: I've been thinking about magnet configuration, and was wondering: how feasible would it be to shrink the reactor chamber a bit and place the magnets outside? Is the #1 issue with polywells the lack of a powerful enough magnetic field, or is it energy loss due to interaction with the containment walls/magnets?

Speaking of magnetic fields, can anyone recommend a good computer modeling program that would allow me to test different configurations and field strengths?

Thanks!