Question: Anyone know if WB6 ran on one long wire?

Discuss the technical details of an "open source" community-driven design of a polywell reactor.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mattman

Question: Anyone know if WB6 ran on one long wire?

Post by mattman »

Hello,

I had it on good authority that WB6 rings had one long wire. I just want to double check this.

If this is true... then the wire would need to be ~960 Meters long. (6 rings, 200 turns at ~0.25 meter average diameter, plus some slack).

Anyone have input on this? WB6 rings sat on four feet for power supply...

ladajo

Re: Question: Anyone know if WB6 ran on one long wire?

Post by ladajo »

Each coil was wound seperately. They were joined via connections and the nubs. It was not "one piece of wire". But it was one wire electrically.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

vernes

Post by vernes »

Wasn't there a really old prototype just for testing some concepts that was made from a single copper-tube?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yes.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

vernes wrote:Wasn't there a really old prototype just for testing some concepts that was made from a single copper-tube?
One was made by a shaped copper tube (MPG1,2). Another was carved from a single copper block (PZLx-1). I think this second one was run at the highers B field thus far It was only one winding but it was fed a massive current.

As I've stated before I think this may be the most impressive machine of all, in terms of potential (not confinement., etc.). It ran at only 350 Volts , but because of the 35,000 Gauss B field, measureable D-D fusion at ~ 1 million fusions per second was reported. That measurable fusion was achieved at such a low ion energy where the fusion cross section is so low is impressive.

http://www.askmar.com/ConferenceNotes/2 ... 0Paper.pdf

page 3.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.